in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 04-28-2009 5:16 AM by Graham1982. 18 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (19 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 03-26-2009 12:38 PM

Could anyone that speaks English & German....

And would be willing to send a couple of simple transaction emails/translate an item description for me please PM me?

Thanks

Graham

• 03-26-2009 1:03 PM In reply to

Re: Could anyone that speaks English & German....

Try Babel Fish.

• 03-26-2009 1:17 PM In reply to

http://translate.google.com/

• 03-26-2009 1:27 PM In reply to

If you still haven't found someone, I could do it.

Translation programmes are not the best thing for English to German translations as the grammar is quite complex and anyone who speaks German natively will notice the mistakes.

Actually it is quite annoying. I always get those mails with questions translated by some program when I have something for sale on eBay...they are really hard to read and sometimes the things in there just don't make any sense.

• 03-26-2009 1:36 PM In reply to

Maybe you could post what you want translated...

• 03-26-2009 2:34 PM In reply to

• TWG
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Germany
    • Posts 950
    • Gold Member

Yes, post ist and we'll translate it for you.

• 03-26-2009 3:26 PM In reply to

Mermaid Ventura 150AT 15" TFT Monitor mit integrierte Boxen

INTEGRIERTE LAUTSPRECHER !!!

KOMPAKT KLEIN PLATZSPAREND !!!

ANTI-GLANZ BESCHICHTET !!!

FLACHES DESIGN !!!

GERINGE BELASTUNG DER AUGEN - PERFEKTER ARBEITSMONITOR !!!

Der Mermaid Ventura 150AT ist gebraucht und wird in neutraler Verpackung versendet. Strom- und VGA-Kabel sind im Lieferumfang enthalten.

Allgemein

• Display-Typ: Flachbildschirm / TFT-Aktivmatrix

• Integrierte Peripheriegeräte: Stereo-Lautsprecher
  • Display

• Diagonalabmessung: 15"

• Punktabstand / Pixelabstand: 0.3 mm

• Max. Auflösung: 1024 x 768

• Max. Bildwiederholungsrate (V x H): 60 Hz x 48.3 kHz

Bild

• Seitenverhältnis des Bildes: 4:3

• Helligkeit: 200 cd/m2

• Kontrastverhältnis: 300:1

• Max. horizontaler/vertikaler Betrachtungswinkel: +80 / -80
  • Schnittstelle

• Schnittstelle: VGA (HD-15)
  • Verbindungen:

• 1 x Display / Video - VGA - HD D-Sub (HD-15), 15-polig - 1

• 1 x Audio - Eingang - Mini-Phone Stereo 3.5 mm - 1

• Maße/Gewicht

• Breite: 37.8 cm / Tiefe: 4.5 cm / Höhe: 30.2 cm

• Gewicht: 9.1 kg
  • Lieferumfang

• Mermaid Ventura 150AT

• gebraucht

• VGA-Kabel & Stromkabel

• Sonderposten
  • 03-26-2009 3:28 PM In reply to

Hi:

I pasted it but it needs moderation for some reason. TWG I will send you a PM with the details and then maybe you can tell me:

1. Does it say anything about the general condition - I am esp concerned about dead pixels?

2. Does it come with D-Sub cable?

3. I notice it says something about a box - this could be my bad translation - does it come with its packaging?

Thanks everyone

Graham

• 03-26-2009 4:53 PM In reply to

1: It is used, nothing sayed about dead pixels or damages.

2: I think so. VGA graphiccable and Powerlead inkluded.

3: It comes with a neutral packaging. Think this means not original, but suitable for transportation.

Hope this helps a bit!

Stephan

• 03-26-2009 5:49 PM In reply to

Hi there,

basically it is just a general description of the item (probably copied from manufacturer´s homepage or something like this...) with very few information on the actual condition of the offered display. For sale is a monitor in "used" condition (nothing said about marks, scratches, dead pixels etc.) together with a vga cable and the power cord, nothing said about a manual. The item will be shipped in "neutral packiging", which means it does not come in it´s original box. This could mean for instance some kind of bubble wrap and lots of loose filling in a normal brown cardboard box. Interesting could also be the last term "Sonderposten", which means it´s a special, low priced item. This could indicate that seller has a larger quantity, for example a number of refurbished displays out of a replacement pool of the manufacturer or a big company swapping their whole lineup for a different type (Audi was using mermaids afaik a long time ago...).

But this is just my guess. Hope this helps.

Regards, beoberlin

• 03-27-2009 6:57 AM In reply to

Hi guys:

Thanks for all your help. I think I will make an offer on it and take a risk. I have always wanted one and the price isn't too high.

Thanks

Graham

PS Would anyone be willing to construct an email if necessary saying something like "I will be sending payment by... etc".

It would appear that all GFeran speakers that have replied to this thread are more than capable of conversing in English. However, if you need a simillar favor doing, just the other way round, feel free to let me know and  I will do my best to help you.

• 03-27-2009 11:12 AM In reply to

Are you sure that this specific model will work on a wall socket in the UK? Have you searched for it´s specs? As it seems to be an older model this might be a problem, other as with today´s working everywhere power adaptors.

Regards, beoberlin

• 03-27-2009 3:14 PM In reply to

• TWG
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Germany
    • Posts 950
    • Gold Member

Graham1982:

Hi:

I pasted it but it needs moderation for some reason. TWG I will send you a PM with the details and then maybe you can tell me:

1. Does it say anything about the general condition - I am esp concerned about dead pixels?

2. Does it come with D-Sub cable?

3. I notice it says something about a box - this could be my bad translation - does it come with its packaging?

Thanks everyone

Graham

Stephan and Beoberlin already told, so here again "in short" Smile

1.) The description says "Sonderposten" - this could be everything:

- refurbished/repaired
    - used
    - item from e.g. insolvent company or dealer etc.

2.) Yes, VGA cable included

3.) Already mentioned, too: I think you'll get a neutral box.

Dropping an email in german shouldn't be a problem. Tell me what I should ask the seller.

• 04-23-2009 6:21 AM In reply to

Hi everyone:

Bit of an update, I bought this as it was relisted about a week ago. I don't know if it will work directly with a UK wall socket but if not  I will get a step up/down so that it will.

The problem I have is that I do not have Paypal account so I am getting my friend to pay for it through hers. Is this legal in terms of eBay. If not I am reluctant to do it because I have sent a msg to the guy last week telling him I was going to do this and he has not acknowledged it so if it never turns up I won't be able to open a dispute.

Thanks

Graham

• 04-23-2009 6:37 AM In reply to

• BenSA
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Durban, South Africa
    • Posts 808
    • Gold Member

Hi Graham

I only recently got my own paypal account. Used a friends paypal before to buy all the items I won on Ebay. I never had a problem at all.

Regards

Ben

Durban South Africa

• 04-23-2009 6:55 AM In reply to

Hi Ben:

Cool, so can you make it obvious that the payment is for [item number] on behalf of me?

Thanks

Graham

• 04-23-2009 10:17 AM In reply to

• Medogsfat
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 02-21-2007
    • *Moderator* Leeds, Yorkshire
    • Posts 4,045
    • Founder

It makes no real difference Graham.

The person who owns the paypal account which paid for the item is protected. It doesn't matter one iota if they weren't the person who won the ebay auction. If there is a problem the claim would have to go through the owner of the paypal account - don't even bother trying the ebay claims prodedure as it is less than useless.

Chris.

The use of metaphors should be avoided like the plague. They're like a red rag to a bull to me.

• 04-24-2009 12:51 PM In reply to

• Neil
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 01-13-2009
    • UK
    • Posts 34
    • Gold Member

.....and so is Paypal! I won a Beolit last year and paid through Paypal, and when it never arrived I claimed a refund. After a couple of weeks Paypal reported to me that they were unable to claim back the payment from the seller's Paypal account and were unable/unwilling to tell me why.

So, beware Paypal! A refund is only given if Paypal can access the seller's account and enough funds are in there. ( In my case I rather think the seller had died, because I found out that I was not the only one chasing refunds and the guy had a 100% rating before)

Regards,

Neil.

• 04-28-2009 5:16 AM In reply to

Hi guys:

Further update, I still have not paid for this item as having got my friend to send an email (in German) stating will pay for this on xyz date, please send me the invoice etc I was expecting an "Ok thanks" reply or please do xyz. I have just checked some 9 or 10 days after winning the auction and he still hasn't responded.

What would you do in my situation, pay via PayPal with or without communication form him or wait?

Thanks

Graham

Page 1 of 1 (19 items)