in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 03-24-2009 11:13 AM by Dave. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 03-24-2009 4:41 AM

Connection BeoVision Avant (Videotape included)

Good morning, I still own an old BeoVision Avant with integrated Videotape. I am trying to connect a HDR1 to it, but it unfortunately does not work. I changed the Source to CDV (tried V-AUX as well) and connected the SCART cable in the middle plug. Any ideas welcome. Thanks very much.

Filed under: , ,
  • 03-24-2009 5:21 AM In reply to

Re: Connection BeoVision Avant (Videotape included)

Hi and welcome Smile

You have the same problem as me sadly Sad

I have a nice HDR2 that I can't use with my Avant 32" with VCR

http://forum.beoworld.org/forums/t/19438.aspx

I was looking for a SW update to the Avant that would change it to a CTV Avant, because we didn't use the VCR.

The V Tape/ V MEM function can't handle the VCR and HDR together

Regards Anders

• 03-24-2009 5:46 AM In reply to

Thanks for the info. I read somewhere that it is not possible to connect the HDR1 to an Avant with VTape but in post 466 of BeoBuddy he mentions a possibility. I think I give it a try. Best regards.

• 03-24-2009 6:07 AM In reply to

schlafra:

post 466 of BeoBuddy he mentions a possibility.

Hmm what do you mean??

Is it this topic:

http://forum.beoworld.org/forums/p/23592/176127.aspx#176127

Regards Anders

• 03-24-2009 6:26 AM In reply to

Which type of 28"is it?

The RF could probably work by connecting the HDR to the Vtape connector.

The biggest problem lies in the needed so called "tunerdump". All the channels on the avant has to be dumped in the HDR1.

Manually tuning on the HDR1 will work, but to program the HDR1 you have to use the HDR1 menu. It will not work with record menu in the avant.

The biggest chance do you have if you're having a type 8300 or higher with the most recent software available. With this software is possible to rename all the 3 scarts on the back.

You also have to disable (for a short period) the internal Vtape in the servicemode. 

With the older type of the avant is it not possible to attach the HDR1 to the Vtape scart. This is due to the fact that the internal Vtape doesn't communicate through scart but through another internal connector. So the HDR1 will not respond to any instruction.

The only option you have is to attach the HDR1 to the AV scart as a Vtape2 and to programm it through it's own menu. But programming it with the help of teletext will not work. Also the record record function will only work on the internal Vtape. 

As Graig mentioned the HDR1 does work perfect with a avant RF (DVD) without a Vtape. Any more recent type of beovision works perfectly.

• 03-24-2009 11:13 AM In reply to

• Dave
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Brisbane, Australia
    • Posts 2,328
    • Bronze Member

I don't know anything about this, but i know in the service menu there is an option "chassis variant" and you can toggle on or off whether or not there is the VHS present... try that?

“Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of intelligent effort.”

Your health and well-being comes first and fore-most.

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)