in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 04-14-2011 11:23 PM by leogenghis. 8 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 03-23-2009 12:00 PM

• lausvi
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Helsinki - Finland
    • Posts 498
    • Gold Member

How to use an LC1 ?

Hi.

I got a bag of B&O cables and other stuff. Most interesting part was two LC1 controllers I found. Both were non-working, but now I have replaced the fuse and one is working, other one is waiting. Now I can control a lamp by touching the metal plate on the top of the LC1 but I can't figure out how to use it with Beolink 1000 (I think it's MK3 as it has LIGHT button). The manual I have describes only models with no LIGHT button and so far I have got no response. 

So how it should work? This would be a nice little gadget.. even it works only with light bulbs.

Thanks in advance.

Bang & Olufsen - The art of controlling sound, picture and light

• 03-23-2009 12:29 PM In reply to

• lausvi
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Helsinki - Finland
    • Posts 498
    • Gold Member

Re: How to use an LC1 ?

Update: I checked the other LC1. The fuse was Ok but still no go. After some fiddling it suddenly started to work! Now it's working, and it's even responding to remote. LIGHT + PLAY makes it lit and LIGHT + STOP to fade out. 

It seems that the two LCs I have are of different type as the circuit boards were different. The one that's not working (responding to remote) has no label on the bottom, the one that works says to be TYPE 2119.

• 03-23-2009 2:54 PM In reply to

• Jandyt
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-01-2007
    • Clitheroe, Lancashire, UK
    • Posts 13,004
    • Founder

Hi there. Lucky find, as these can fetch more than their original price now!
    Don't forget, you need to assign a number to each one. The previous owner may have done this.
    You must hold your finger on the LC1 whilst setting a number.
    Light, Goto, Store, 1, Store.
    and
    Light, Goto, Store, 2, Store for the other one.
    You can then make 'Light pictures' by manually setting each light to On, Off, or to your desired intensity, then storing that as a picture.
    eg
    Put lamp one on and lamp two dim, then press
    Light, Store,1, Store.

Now every time you press Light 1, lamp one will come on, and lamp two will be dim.

Andy T.

Poor me, never win owt!

• 03-23-2009 3:22 PM In reply to

• lausvi
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Helsinki - Finland
    • Posts 498
    • Gold Member

Thanks Andy.

These are really nice little gadgets and I'd just love to have a lot of these around!

Unfortunately this one seems to be not working; I can get no response to any remote command. Pressing manually on the top makes it fade out and in as should but really nothing from the remote. It just might be simply broken... Sad

• 03-23-2009 3:54 PM In reply to

• Jandyt
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-01-2007
    • Clitheroe, Lancashire, UK
    • Posts 13,004
    • Founder

Just before you give up, try pressing Light, Light. Or even Light, Play (on Beolink 1000)
    If it doesn't come on now, then there is a fault.

Poor me, never win owt!

• 03-23-2009 4:15 PM In reply to

• lausvi
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Helsinki - Finland
    • Posts 498
    • Gold Member

The combination LIGHT+PLAY was the one I tried first... With the other LC1 it works like a charm. 

So it seems that there is a fault of somekind. Hmm. 

At least there were some electrolytics inside, perhaps worth trying replacing them? I just can't figure out how it's opened, I can get the bottom off but then I can't get the circuit board out. It could be something easy... or not! Geeked

Experts, any ideas?

Anyway it's not completely useless, I already love my green, touch-controlled lava-lamp that fades in by touch! Cool

• 04-13-2011 4:37 PM In reply to

Hi, sorry to resurrect an old thread, but today one of my two LC1's developed the same fault! Ie., it responds on-off to touch, but nothing from the remote. Lausvi (if you're still around), any suggestions? Or anyone? This particular LC1 I bought off eBay two years ago, and it ran lamps no stronger than a 60W load. For the past few months it powered a single 40W bulb.

Thanks, Leo

BV 10-40, BV 8-32, BL 9, BL 4, CX100, BS Ouverture, BS 2000, BG 4500, Passive, LC 1, A 9

• 04-14-2011 10:50 AM In reply to

• lausvi
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Helsinki - Finland
    • Posts 498
    • Gold Member

Unfortunately I never got around the problem. At some point it stopped working at all. Since that I have bought some one or two more LC1s and some Innovus Smart Dimmers (the one at the top) which are B&O compatible. I use only one at the moment but I am determined to use them someday! Stick out tongue

I can't believe it being anything impossible to fix - I just can't figure out how to open the LC1 without damaging the surfaces.

• 04-14-2011 11:23 PM In reply to

Thanks Lausvi. The SmartDimmers are a good alternative, and much cheaper. The only other things I'd need are some upconverters and 240V bulbs. I think I'll get some!

Leo

BV 10-40, BV 8-32, BL 9, BL 4, CX100, BS Ouverture, BS 2000, BG 4500, Passive, LC 1, A 9

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)