in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 03-24-2009 2:41 AM by RedGrant. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 03-21-2009 10:51 PM

Ideal speakers for BC 9000............

Well, now I am going to be a proud owner of BC 9000.

What would be the most ideal speaker for BC 9000?

1.  As a stand alone?     To be used mostly for low volume in a small room?

2.  With receiver?   For low to medium volume in a small room?

So far I like Beovox/BeoLab 3000, 4500, 5000 and Beovox RL series.

• 03-22-2009 5:35 AM In reply to

Re: Ideal speakers for BC 9000............

Do you mean the Beocord 9000? If so, you need an amplifier. The Beocord 9000 produces Line Out constant level so you cannot really connect loudspeakers directly to it, even active ones. The obvious amplifiers to use are the Beomaster 8000 and 6000 which match the Beocord, allow remote control and both have very good performance. The 6000 will be cheaper and some people find to be a sweeter amplifier. Both are complex, the 8000 in particular though. The 8000 has a massive power supply and is very heavy! Best collected rather than posted. If you like the RL series, RL140s are ideal. At risk of being controversial, I don't think any of the speakers you mention are the very top of the tree from a performance point of view - and I have most of them! You don't need B&O speakers of course.

• 03-22-2009 7:57 PM In reply to

Peter :

Do you mean the Beocord 9000?

Yes.

Peter :

If so, you need an amplifier.

What kind of amplifier would you recommend for BC 9000?  Solid state or tube?

I've seen a brand new tube amp made in Taiwan for around $250 from LA Audio.

My use for BC 9000 would be primarily for recording and playing back my own tapes for trading research.   I've learned over the years, audio medium used for its content, such as book on tapes, not how the content is delievered sonically, i.e. music,  I actually prefer mono over stereo, which can be really distracting over absorbing the idea delievered through sound.

Peter :

The Beocord 9000 produces Line Out constant level so you cannot really connect loudspeakers directly to it, even active ones.

I guess this means active speakers are out.  

Peter :

The obvious amplifiers to use are the Beomaster 8000 and 6000 which match the Beocord, allow remote control and both have very good performance.

Can I just use an amp instead of receivers?    I don't really need the rest of baggage BM comes with.    For me, remote would be really nothing more than a gimmick.

Peter :

The 6000 will be cheaper and some people find to be a sweeter amplifier. Both are complex, the 8000 in particular though. The 8000 has a massive power supply and is very heavy! Best collected rather than posted. If you like the RL series, RL140s are ideal. At risk of being controversial, I don't think any of the speakers you mention are the very top of the tree from a performance point of view - and I have most of them! You don't need B&O speakers of course.

What would be your recommendation for mono speaker?

• 03-23-2009 8:44 PM In reply to

You could go for a BM6000 then.

The remote were optional so not everyone comes with one.

All the features a BM6000 are pretty good for its age and sounds are great.

Mono speaker? Well you can do just one but Beovox S80,S120/MC120, M150, MS150 in a stereo setting will sound very good and I can highly recommend it.

It seems that you dislike B&O so sorry if I sound to harsh.

• 03-24-2009 2:41 AM In reply to

Friedmett:

Mono speaker? Well you can do just one but Beovox S80,S120/MC120, M150, MS150 in a stereo setting will sound very good and I can highly recommend it.

I actually dig Tivoli audio radio.  Mono speaker, but sounds so smooth.   I just wish it were a little more powerful.  Besides, it only connects with 1/8" jack.

Mono speaker provides the sound from one direction, stereo two,  one is a lot simpler to concentrate in absorbing and analyzing the content than two.

Anyway, thanks for your recommendation and I'll start doing some research on those.

Friedmett:

It seems that you dislike B&O so sorry if I sound to harsh.

No, I like B&O, but my purpose for BC 9000 is primarily not music, but an instrument in trading research.    I want something smooth, powerful, but not too powerful.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)