in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 12-01-2009 8:20 PM by snoopy. 30 replies.
Page 2 of 2 (31 items) < Previous 1 2
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-08-2009 3:01 AM In reply to

Re: Few Beolab Penta -questions

Ville Laustela:

4) Without having a BM7000 I think it will be quite good enough! Cool

I ask this question because I will use BM7000 to drive Penta 1.

Yesterday, I heard Penta 1, that was driven by Beomaster 6000 as pre-amp, that connected though line-in connection and play by CDP Wadia 850, about 3000$. The sound is very disappointed. And I don't think a speaker like Penta can produce such a terrible sound like that. The sound quality from my Beovox S45-2 driven by Beomaster 2400 is much better, in comparison.

I am wondering. DO the sound quality change if Penta 1 drived by BM7000?

• 10-10-2009 10:24 PM In reply to

Hello everbody,

I have a problem. I have just bought a Beolab Penta 1, that driven by Beomaster 7000. Connection by 2-pin DIN. After half an hour for listenning, I found that a beolab power amplifier is so hot. another one is normal and cool. Anyone know why and how to solve it?

• 10-11-2009 12:16 PM In reply to

I dont know whats wrong with your Penta 1s but I recall I never got my Penta 1 to run relaiable on normal 2-pin DIN. Worked as a charm on 4-pin DIN (called Speakerlink, or a older version of Powerlink). Also used Line Input (normal screened RCA) but that was on a BM5500 wich had pre-amp output. Think you need a special plug for BM7000 to get pre-amp output. 

Cheers

MoglesMac

• 10-11-2009 12:21 PM In reply to

Actuallty, there is no problem on connection using both 2-pin, 4-pin speaker link and line-in. The problem I have met is after 5-10 minute playing, the power amplifier on Penta 1 become hot. I think there is problem with some transitor. Anyone can help me?

• 12-01-2009 8:11 PM In reply to

Worth pointing out that Penta 1 runs with different cross-over values to Penta 2 and some additional components.

It may be that for Penta 2 they sorted the mid-range issue. Certainly my Penta 1's are not as bright or accurate as my RL140's. They still have a more fuller sound.

I'm hoping to pick some cross-over boards from a Penta 2/3 for comparison if anyone has any?

• 12-01-2009 8:20 PM In reply to

Apologies on looking at the service manual for Penta 2 I can confirm the crossovers changed for Penta 3. I'm working out these changes now so will post in a different thread. The boards are compat so it's simply a case of removing a few components and replacing a few others. It looks like the inductors remained the same. Phew. :)

Page 2 of 2 (31 items) < Previous 1 2