in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 09-24-2011 11:12 AM by Tony. 42 replies.
Page 1 of 2 (43 items) 1 2 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 03-19-2009 4:16 PM

Urgent help needed!! With mx7000

Hi Guys,

I have bought the in laws a lovely mx7000 but I am having trouble setting up the tv to recognise sky box, When pressing sky on the beo4 it will not turn on any help please?

Also it only has program list & setup in the menu

Thanks Nick 

• 03-19-2009 5:08 PM In reply to

Re: Urgent help needed!! With mx7000

That's just what I would expect a standard MX7000  to do. It won't switch your sky box on unless you have a STB controller fitted and I would be surprised indeed if it did. You will need to use the Sky remote to control the sky box.

From memory (!) you will need to set AV2 to Sat, then connect your sky box to AV2 with the scart cable. Now turn your sky box on with the sky remote.

Pressing TV on the remote should get you analogue through the aerial and SAT on the remote should activate AV2 and display the satellite signal.

There were two versions of MX7000 software. One for the Beolink 1000 and one for the Beo4. I would suggest that your software is the issue for the Beolink 1000.

Now, all this rambling has been from memory and it's 2-3 years lost in the bank ......so.......if someone comes along and tells the pair of us that I'm talking utter rubbish then I'm man enough to take it and I apologise!!

Regards Graham

• 03-19-2009 7:17 PM In reply to

Thanks for the prompt reply,  but I have set the av2 socket to decoder and pressing sat does nothing!

When I access the menu only two options are displayed instead of 4 I thought your diagnosis of it being a beolink 1000 version sounds most likely.

The only way I managed to get sky up it was to use the cdv in the list menu!

Any ideas?  Thanks Nick

• 03-19-2009 7:48 PM In reply to

Decoder is no good as a setup option. The sky box is not a decoder although I've never managed to work out just what a decoder is!!

If you dont get SAT as a setup option then just set it up as vtape since most people do not have videos nowadays.

Regards Graham

• 03-19-2009 7:50 PM In reply to

Thanks I will try that!

• 03-20-2009 1:33 PM In reply to

go to menu, then setup, your choices are :

AV1 :   off  /  V.TP-1 + Decoder / V.Tape-1  /  V.Tape-1  B&O  /   off

AV2 :  off  /  Expander / Decoder / CDV / V-Tape-2 / V-Tape-2 B&O / V.Aux / off

S-VHS :   off /  V.TP-1  +  Decoder   /  off

If you are using a Sky box with a scart connector, just plug it into AV2 scart on the back of the MX7000 and select CDV

Then to use CDV ( Sky box ) as a source,  press SHIFT , then SAT on the Beolink 1000 remote

I have the complete Video System 7000 -  comprises of Beovision MX7000, Beocord VX7000, Beosat LM ( Sat Module )  and the Beolink 1000 remote.  We recently moved and junked Sky in favour of Virgin, so we now plug the V-Box into the back of the VX7000 video recorder, and that works really well using AV1 using the selection V.Tape-1  B&O, and the VX7000 is used as a pass through for the Virgin box to get to the MX7000 as a source.

We also have a DVD player plugged into AV2, and setup to use CDV, in order to select this as a source though, we have to press SHIFT then SAT on the remote.

Hope that gives you some more to go on  :-)

• 03-20-2009 1:57 PM In reply to

joeyboygolf:

I've never managed to work out just what a decoder is  !

on the MX7000 it is used in a more European sense of the word I imagine, where they connect a baseband decoder ( cable TV ) to the AV2 scart, or if you use an RF Decoder ( using an RF aerial like Feeview ) , then you still connect the scart cable to the MX7000 AV2 connector, but make sure you use the scart on the Freeview box marked  VTR  ( not the TV scart connector ) .

• 03-20-2009 2:00 PM In reply to

joeyboygolf:

If you dont get SAT as a setup option then just set it up as vtape since most people do not have videos nowadays.

well not quite, the only two options that a Sky box will work on AV2 are :  Expander and CDV

AV2 :  off  /  Expander / Decoder / CDV / V-Tape-2 / V-Tape-2 B&O / V.Aux / off

• 03-20-2009 4:13 PM In reply to

Thanks so I may not be able to put the sky box on as a v tape?  I had it set up as cdv but its for my in laws and it would be a lot of messing for them!  With regards to pressing list on the beo4 repeatedly.

Could I use the e prom out of the my mx6000 which is a later set with all four options in the menu?

Cheers Nick

• 03-20-2009 7:43 PM In reply to

you would be better off buying a VX7000 ( whether the tape works or not ) , and plugging the Sky box into the back of the VX7000, then they could just press VTAPE on the Beo4 and the Sky Channels would just go through the VX7000

http://www.beoworld.org/prod_details.asp?pid=832

that's what we do using Virgin and the V-Box ( same as Sky really ) , as I tried to explain in my earlier post !

• 03-21-2009 11:14 AM In reply to

If you don't have any analogue tv transmissions left (as here in Finland) and thus watch all your channels through a box, Decoder is actually a very convenient choice:

• Remove all but one tuned channels, say preset 1, from the MX; no matter which frequency you tune it to, even no transmission is OK (and actually better, but I'm digressing already)
    • Configure that preset to use a "decoder"
    • Configure AV2 to be "Decoder"
    • Connect your box to AV2

...and now you can turn the MX on and get the picture from the box by simply pressing TV, no matter which B&O remote you're using. Even channel stepping cannot now lose the picture, which is often a desired side effect with old people Smile

The original purpose of the decoder setting is to route a received scrambled program (from the MX's tuner, or an external source) out the SCART, then through an external descrambler box, then back to the MX via the same SCART. The MX still does that now, but obviously doesn't know (nor care) that the program going out isn't going anywhere, and the one coming in is from a completely other source.

I don't think SAT ever did anything unless you have a Beosat module installed. Certainly doesn't in my MX6000.

-mika

• 03-22-2009 4:23 AM In reply to

tournedos:
    I don't think SAT ever did anything unless you have a Beosat module installed. Certainly doesn't in my MX6000.

The LX/MX5500 (which could also have an in-built Beosat module) had SAT in the menus and could be allocated to either scart - logical for an external satellite box. The Avant is the same. For some reason this was missing from the MX6000/7000. Using Vtape or list+CDV for this purpose is confusing. I'm not sure if this mistake was corrected on the MX8000.

David

• 03-22-2009 6:06 AM In reply to

Does anybody have any idea why I only have a limited choice in the menu settings?

• 03-22-2009 8:15 AM In reply to

What others do you think you should have?

Regards Graham

• 03-22-2009 9:49 AM In reply to

joeyboygolf:

What others do you think you should have?

According to the manual I should have:  Program list, Setup, picture, sound.

I only have program list and setup and that menu is different to the manual

• 03-22-2009 11:47 AM In reply to

It's because you have software for Beolink 1000 remote. Picture and sound are adjusted from the appropriate buttons on the remote.

Your manual is quoting MX7000 software for Beo 4 remote where you have no picture and sound buttons.

Regards Graham

• 03-22-2009 12:10 PM In reply to

can the software be updated?

• 03-22-2009 12:26 PM In reply to

Probably cost more than the TV is worth. Easiest to sell the Beo4 and get a Beolink 1000!

Regards Graham

• 03-22-2009 12:33 PM In reply to

There was a long thread about doing the opposite (i.e downgrading the software from 3.1 to 1.x to gain better operationality with a Beolink 7000 including two-way remote control) and I believe the end result was that it is too much work to be practical - some of the hardware will have to be changed too.

I'd just get a Beolink 1000. And the picture and sound adjustments are pretty much unnecessary after initial setup anyway, so you could go on with the Beo4 if it feels more comfortable. I suspect a motor stand might not controllable with it, though!

-mika

• 03-22-2009 12:45 PM In reply to

I have a mx6000 with a blown power board! Is there anything that can be taken off that to upgrade the set as it does have the motorised stand??  Thanks Nick

• 03-22-2009 1:06 PM In reply to

The same motorised stand can be used with either model.

If you set the MX7000 up on the motorstand you should then get the STAND option in the menu. You can adjust the stand with Beolink 1000 by selecting STAND from the menu and using the << and >> keys. (or is it < and >??). Any way it's one or the other!!

Regards Graham

• 03-22-2009 1:12 PM In reply to

I think it was the teletext board that is "married" with the software version, so you would need that and the SW3.1 eprom chip. But I've never done this either way myself, so I really don't wish to start giving instructions that can potentially ruin your set!

Check the software of your MX6000 first, though (it should be marked on the type sticker). If it is SW1.x as well, i.e the Beolink 1000 version, it wouldn't get you further anyway.

And just to make it clear, the motor stand will work with the earliest software as well; you just can't turn it with a Beo4 since it can't send the "picture" command. It will still turn to the preset position when the set is turned on and returns to center when you turn it off.

-mika

• 03-22-2009 1:13 PM In reply to

the stand option doesn't come up in the menu!  It did on the mx6000 

Nothing is ever so simple!  I cannot find how to tune in the channels either!Sad

• 03-29-2009 3:41 PM In reply to

Hi all,

I set the sky box as v tape all working lovely!!

So now the only issue is that there is a line of distortion across a certain point in the screen!  And when a dark image is on the whole pic flickers?  Any ideas?  Thanks Nick

• 03-29-2009 4:27 PM In reply to

Nickyg63:

Hi all,

I set the sky box as v tape all working lovely!!

I knew it would! My daughter has the same system.

What about the motorised stand and tuning the channels?

Regards Graham

Page 1 of 2 (43 items) 1 2 Next >