in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 05-05-2009 1:39 PM by ThePriest. 64 replies.
Page 2 of 3 (65 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 03-18-2009 5:53 PM In reply to

Re: [BV5] Does B&O overrule the panasonic settings?

So your dealer has had the opportunity to test a profi pana panel into a BV5 chassis and it worked?

So that's the answer for fitting a pana panel into a BV5 chassis.

So, obviously does the pana panel responds to the BV5 chassis instructions and that opens some perspective!

• 03-18-2009 6:00 PM In reply to

Beobuddy:

So your dealer has had the opportunity to test a profi pana panel into a BV5 chassis and it worked?

So that's the answer for fitting a pana panel into a BV5 chassis.

So, obviously does the pana panel responds to the BV5 chassis instructions and that opens some perspective!

I'm reading this with big interest  Big Smile

Beobuddy you got mail

Regards Anders

• 03-18-2009 6:06 PM In reply to

• Beogen
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-12-2007
    • Belgium
    • Posts 135
    • Bronze Member

He wanted to test if there's a difference between the B&O panels and pana panels. They seem to have the same specs.

The main difference is that in my case the BS3 doesn't recognise my 9th generation panel in auto mode and according to me something like 'BV4-42' has been flashed into the DVI module or an internal module in the panel.

This should be very useful info for me how B&O changes a standard panasonic  into a BV4.

Anyone?

• 03-19-2009 5:38 AM In reply to

Beogen:

The main difference is that in my case the BS3 doesn't recognise my 9th generation panel in auto mode and according to me something like 'BV4-42' has been flashed into the DVI module or an internal module in the panel.

This should be very useful info for me how B&O changes a standard panasonic  into a BV4.

So it seems we have at one side the BV5 chassis which is connected through RS232 and VGA to a pana and in this setup it looks like the chassis doesn't need a "hardware id" from the pana. (as it seems to be with your panel with a BV5)

And at the other side there is a BS3 which is connected through DVI (and RS232?) to the panel and in this setup the BS3 needs some kind of "hardware id" from the panel.

But doesn't it work properly? Or is it that you only have to mention the panel in the BS3 service-menu manually?

Wasn't the BS3 originaly launched with the option/idea to use it with a 3rd party panel? 

• 03-19-2009 4:03 PM In reply to

• Beogen
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-12-2007
    • Belgium
    • Posts 135
    • Bronze Member

It gets even more interesting.

In the menu 'connections' I had to set my screen type to BV4-50 instead of the 42" I have, to make the lightsensing to work. Maybe because B&O never launched the 9th generation in their BV4-42 range. Very strange to understand, but at least my system works as it is a baby BV9 and that was my goal.

• 03-19-2009 4:15 PM In reply to

• hebo
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Sweden
    • Posts 305
    • Founder

I´m so following this thread....

It´s really intersting info you come across when you do the test with the different panels.

thanks for keeping us updated....

BV10

• 03-19-2009 4:55 PM In reply to

Next week I'm planning to place the missing VGA and DVI socket on the back.

As I've mentioned before, I've ordered the HD-Ready kit .

I'm probably missing the DVI module which can be placed in a free slot of the panel. (which I'm hoping it will be within the kit)

With the latest software 16.2 you're able to name a free slot PC, DVI-D etc.

The module I need is a module that you can use up to the latest panel. So it is a kind of investment. But if I will buy a newer panel then probably the DVI module will be fit as a standard option. But for now only a module costs less.

Beogen can confirm this about the D9/DVI? 

But the idea is to connect the VGA socket on a pc and will try to search for any hardware id.

Does anyone have a spare DVI module?  

• 03-19-2009 6:12 PM In reply to

• Beogen
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-12-2007
    • Belgium
    • Posts 135
    • Bronze Member

I used to order the DVI module with type number TY-42TM6D

• 03-20-2009 5:43 AM In reply to

• kawo
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Posts 516
    • Founder

Did you order the Panansonic or the B&O one? The item number you mentined is the orginal Panasonic DVI module.

I have a G10 hd ready panel with a BS3, unfortuntely this does not work 100% as the BS3 always thinks as it is a G10 and has to be full HD. So with Auto detect you get no picture, but switching to the G9 HD Ready manualy does not let me choose all settings in the picture control menu (e.g. size)

BV4-50, Beosystem 3, Beolab 5, Beolab 3, BV3-32, BV1, BS9000, Beolab 4, Beolab 2000, Beo4 Cinema

• 03-20-2009 9:02 AM In reply to

• bdm01
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 01-07-2008
    • Posts 36
    • Gold Member

I believe there are some settings within the Panasonic panel that tell it or tell a BS2 /BS3 that its got a Pana panal on the end of its connections.

You will need a Pana panal and a panasonic remote for this.

You need to get into the Panasonic service menu, in the CAT panal menu

CD mode

And there are a whole series of Address and Data values that need to be set to "B&O's" values

I would be interested to know what the original values are, but they may need to be changed.

PM me if you need more information, it's only of any use to people who want to drive a Panasonic Panel from a BS2 or maybe a BS3

Regards

• 03-20-2009 9:39 AM In reply to

bdm01:

I believe there are some settings within the Panasonic panel that tell it or tell a BS2 /BS3 that its got a Pana panal on the end of its connections.

You will need a Pana panal and a panasonic remote for this.

You need to get into the Panasonic service menu, in the CAT panal menu

CD mode

And there are a whole series of Address and Data values that need to be set to "B&O's" values

I would be interested to know what the original values are, but they may need to be changed.

PM me if you need more information, it's only of any use to people who want to drive a Panasonic Panel from a BS2 or maybe a BS3

Regards

Is this also valid for the later versions of the Pana Panel (eg D10?).  Would be interested to know what to change for a D10 HD ready panel...

Thanks, Marcus

• 03-20-2009 11:42 AM In reply to

Ok bdm01 Yes -  thumbs up

As you mentioned the settings I remembered those!

On the site are the manuals from the D6 and the D7 panels.

In these manuals are the settings mentioned with the instructions. With these settings the panels will be recognized by the BS2 and probably the BS3 also.

There is also something about a special remote for repair, but that's rubbish! You don't need a special service remote!

I know and ordered yesterday an original pana remote which comes with the original pana screen.

That original remote has a button "status" which the consumer remote's don't have.

To get into the service menu of the pana panel you have to press and hold the vol - button (middle one out of the five) and press 3 times the status button on the remote.

Then you can enter the service menu and place the right numbers.

That's it.

But I don't know and didn't figure out if these settings are the same for the different panels.

I tried to download the pana remote instructions via the Logitech-site for my 525, but all instructions are available and work, but the status button isn't available Sad 

So, that's why I ordered a second hand remote for my D6 panel. I think these remotes instructions will be the same for also the later models.

So, if I receive the remote, how can we get these ir catched, ok logitech can learn them, but how to distribute?

As you see, we're getting somewhere.....Yes -  thumbs up

• 03-20-2009 11:47 AM In reply to

very interesting thread...

@beogen: i rec'd the pics and comments! thank you very much!

• B&o bottle opener
  • 03-20-2009 3:05 PM In reply to

• Beogen
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-12-2007
    • Belgium
    • Posts 135
    • Bronze Member

kawo:

Did you order the Panansonic or the B&O one? The item number you mentined is the orginal Panasonic DVI module.

I have a G10 hd ready panel with a BS3, unfortuntely this does not work 100% as the BS3 always thinks as it is a G10 and has to be full HD. So with Auto detect you get no picture, but switching to the G9 HD Ready manualy does not let me choose all settings in the picture control menu (e.g. size)

I ordered the Panasonic module.

In a previous German post forummember Baddik mentioned that he used the B&O DVI module with better results. I can't remember what the difference was.

Appearently, I also have no control over the size menu, it's greyed out, but that's about it what I'm missing, I think...

• 03-20-2009 3:15 PM In reply to

• Beogen
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-12-2007
    • Belgium
    • Posts 135
    • Bronze Member

My pleasure burantek.

Beobuddy is getting there, now we only need those values. Maybe we can start a B&O 'tuning' club.

• 03-20-2009 4:11 PM In reply to

I am in favour of a tuning club.

I have a BS3 (need to update the software) a lab7.1 , Pana TH50PF10, Lab9s and Lab3, PS3 ... but I have never had a chance to connect everything up. I have been collection the bits slowly and I have between homes for almost 9 months ... can't wait to get it set up ... not even sure if I can get it working.

• 03-23-2009 11:42 AM In reply to

Beobuddy I hope that you don't mind a side question for the BV5.

Is it possible to SW update the set top box list?

I'm thinking about getting a digital Zaptor box, though the BV5 should be connected with scart I'm still hoping to get a better signal than today and I will get some extra features (like rent movies, make a pause, replay etc.)

Thanks

Regards Anders

• 03-23-2009 12:20 PM In reply to

Yes, both the SW for the up and the STB-C are upgraded by myself before I placed the BV5.

The BV5 software was upgraded from 15.2 to 16.2 and

the STB-C was upgraded from 3.6 to 4.11 West Europe version.

I'm using 2 topfield 5500's for satelite. One is named " DTV' and the other " Vaux".

With this set up I can choose independent in the livingroom and kitchen. 

Changing the STB-C is the easiest part. Just release the frame and cloth/wooden board. After opening the first thing you see in the middle contains the STB-C in a small metal box.

• 03-23-2009 5:06 PM In reply to

• kawo
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Posts 516
    • Founder

Beogen:

kawo:

I ordered the Panasonic module.

In a previous German post forummember Baddik mentioned that he used the B&O DVI module with better results. I can't remember what the difference was.

Appearently, I also have no control over the size menu, it's greyed out, but that's about it what I'm missing, I think...

hmm...any chance to get the B&O modul instead of the Panasonic modul? I would be very interested to understand the difference between both.

BV4-50, Beosystem 3, Beolab 5, Beolab 3, BV3-32, BV1, BS9000, Beolab 4, Beolab 2000, Beo4 Cinema

• 03-24-2009 2:35 AM In reply to

The difference should only be parts of the software of the module. If you connect a PC or MAC, than the Panel identifies itself as BV4 via the DVI. But the Autodetection of BS3 does not work :-(

To make the panel fully BS3 compatible, I guess parts of the panel sw have to be modified as well. AFAIK there is an update tool available....

• 03-24-2009 4:49 AM In reply to

I have a panasonic TH50PF10 and I have bought the HDMI module (2xHDMI) as I was told this would be better for 24fps (auto-detect or something). I also have a BS3, but none of this have been connected yet...

What should I consider before connecting everything up? What is this panel auto-detect setting in BS3? Should I turn this off? and manually choose BV4-50" ?

• 03-24-2009 11:21 AM In reply to

marcus_m:

The difference should only be parts of the software of the module. If you connect a PC or MAC, than the Panel identifies itself as BV4 via the DVI. But the Autodetection of BS3 does not work :-(

As it identifies itself as a BV4 doesn't mean that its done by the DVI module. Mayby it's done by the panel itself through the DVI module.

By searching through several circuit diagrams, it is also possible that the data lead in the DVI connector is directly connected to the panel itself.

That would confirm the theory that (special B&O) settings in the panel itself makes that the panel is recognized as a B&O panel for the whole range (D5....D11).

If the DVI module would be responsible for the recognizion, then there would also be for every different type of B&O panel a different type of B&O DVI module. While panasonic itself handles for all the different panels the same DVI module. 

marcus_m:

To make the panel fully BS3 compatible, I guess parts of the panel sw have to be modified as well. AFAIK there is an update tool available....

Probably that tool automates the procedure which probably can be done manually.

By the way I received today the original pana remote and at first sight the B&O panel responds to the service menu instruction. Stick out tongue

• 03-24-2009 2:18 PM In reply to

Beobuddy:

marcus_m:

As it identifies itself as a BV4 doesn't mean that its done by the DVI module. Mayby it's done by the panel itself through the DVI module.

As it is a Panasonic panel with a B&O DVI module, the identification is clearly done by the module. I think the identification is done in two steps: via DVI it only identifies "BV4" without any additional information and via the RS232 all other details are transferred, e.g. panel generation, size, resolution,....

• 03-24-2009 2:39 PM In reply to

• Beogen
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-12-2007
    • Belgium
    • Posts 135
    • Bronze Member

In the BV4 service manual is an explanation how the change some HEX codes in the panel (or DVI module?) setup to make a Panasonic screen a B&O screen.

When comparing these settings with several service manuals, it seems to me that the code changes according to the panel generation, not the size.

Is there a volunteer to change this code and look into the BS3 service menu which information is coming in. The risk is that if you do something wrong the BS3 doesn't recognise the panel anymore and I don't have a spare TV.

This thread is getting better and better...

• 03-24-2009 2:44 PM In reply to

• Beogen
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-12-2007
    • Belgium
    • Posts 135
    • Bronze Member

chrisped:

I have a panasonic TH50PF10 and I have bought the HDMI module (2xHDMI) as I was told this would be better for 24fps (auto-detect or something). I also have a BS3, but none of this have been connected yet...

What should I consider before connecting everything up? What is this panel auto-detect setting in BS3? Should I turn this off? and manually choose BV4-50" ?

If you don't have an original BV4 then stay away from the autodetect setting. I had to turn it of in order to make my contrast setting to work.

Hopefully this thread will solve our problems Yes -  thumbs up

Page 2 of 3 (65 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next >