in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 01-05-2012 8:58 AM by patcherley. 14 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (15 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 03-10-2009 3:54 AM

New "Group" added which lists the PUC Library

I have started adding to the "Group" section of the forum items where there have been most requests recently normally via e-mail rather than on the forum itself. The latest update lists the currently available 3rd paty products in the PUC library.

One area where there has been some apparent confusion is the STB-C vs. PUC which as most of you know performs exactly the same function from a users viewpoint, but the PUC is changeable by doing an upload from a Laptop and the STB-C requires a physical "chip" to be changed.

Whilst updating either product requires a visit to the customers home, the PUC provides much greater flexability for the dealer and the customer and whilst the PUC can only hold a limited number of product protocol converters, they will be the ones chosen by the customer/dealer from the B&O library.

In the new group called "Available 3rd Party Products in the PUC Library" is a complete worldwide list and a subset of around 25 can be requested from your dealer to be uploaded to your Beovision PUC

There is also a "Group" called "STB-C Supported Products" which lists all Beovisions which have a STB-C which means they have a "chip" and are not flash updateable.

The list of 3rd party products available for the PUC is also available in the Beo5 Configuration Tool which allows all these 3rd party products to be controlled via the PUC with the Beo5. Currently the Beo5 Tool does NOT have these 3rd party products available for DIRECT control of a 3rd party product i.e. Not controlled via the PUC meaning independent of a Beovision TV as a source product.

Regards Keith....

• 03-10-2009 3:57 AM In reply to

• Ignace
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-30-2007
    • Moderator - NL
    • Posts 2,749
    • Founder

Re: New "Group" added which lists the PUC Library

Excellent, thanks Keith.

Smile

• 03-11-2010 5:52 AM In reply to

Keith Saunders:

In the new group called "Available 3rd Party Products in the PUC Library" is a complete worldwide list and a subset of around 25 can be requested from your dealer to be uploaded to your Beovision PUC

There is also a "Group" called "STB-C Supported Products" which lists all Beovisions which have a STB-C which means they have a "chip" and are not flash updateable.

Dear Keith,

Wonderfull post I just have 2 questions:

Available 3rd Party Products in the PUC Library: if we want to update the library by ourself, do we need to ask the software to our B&O dealer ? What is the Cable required between PC and TV ?

STB-C Supported Products

If we have a TV with STB-C, could we change the part to PUC ?

Best Regards,

Mat

• 03-11-2010 6:16 AM In reply to

matbkk:

Available 3rd Party Products in the PUC Library: if we want to update the library by ourself, do we need to ask the software to our B&O dealer ? What is the Cable required between PC and TV ?

STB-C Supported Products

If we have a TV with STB-C, could we change the part to PUC ?

To update the PUC the B&O dealer uses a software Service Tool on his/her laptop. This is B&O software and it is unlikely the dealer will provide you a copy. For the most recent Beovision products B&O uses a special Masterlink cable which sends and receives data using pins 9 & 10 of the Masterlink plug. It is a standard RS232 signal.

A Beovision with a STB-C cannot be changed to a PUC.

Regards Keith....

• 03-11-2010 8:17 AM In reply to

It might be useful to also include the support product list for the Avant/BeoSystem 1. Here is the most recent version that I have: Version 4.7L. There might be a more recent list if someone has it to provide.

• 03-11-2010 8:09 PM In reply to

Dear Keith,

Thanks for your quick and clear response.

Mat

• 03-12-2010 1:23 AM In reply to

Hi Keith

Great work you are doing here !

I have one small question, I have just received my Tvix M6600, and I can see there are 3 versions available in the PUC list for Tvix 6500, how can I see which version my dealer have installed on my TV?

ThanX.

There is something about B&O.....

• 03-12-2010 3:33 AM In reply to

I did a little research on the three TVix 6500 PUC versions and the following are the observed results:-

• In the latest version the Title & Bookmark have been modified
    • A slow Backward command has been added
    • The way the repeat command facility works has been modified related to timeout
    • Shuffle has been modified.

Normally your dealer would always load the latest version and based on my observations you would certainly want that version.

Regards Keith....

• 03-13-2010 2:44 PM In reply to

I think I got the old version of the PUC, I don't have the same commands as listed here:
    http://forum.beoworld.org/forums/p/30728/245780.aspx#245780
    I.e., I must use Go+8 to power on/off the Tvix, and not Go+0.

I will contact my dealer, I got the 7-55 i December, so it should have been updated with the newest Sad

There is something about B&O.....

• 01-04-2012 9:17 AM In reply to

my dealer has configured my Beovision 7-40 to "use" the Philips HDRW720 but each command gets sent twice by the B&O he says he cannot help without a revision to the PUC codes but none is fothcoming. Any ideas?

• 01-04-2012 10:12 AM In reply to

I have had a look at the PUC library entry for the Philips HDRW720 and note that there has only every been one version which was created by B&O on 27th July 2008.

When looking at the details of the PUC file I can see that it is an RC6 protocol and they have made a mistake with all the commands.

There are a couple of commands which get used which controls when you press the same button a second and subsequent time and also when you release a button after pressing. This facility is needed particularly for RC6 protocol because it uses what is called a "Toggle" bit which must invert with every press of the same key, however the person who produced this PUC file used the command which sends the toggled command again on release of the button instead of a repeat situation.

As proof of what I am saying do the following:-

• Press and hold down a button
    • Cover with your hand the IR transmitter in the front of the remote, then release the button

The box should receive the command when you pressed the button, but does not see you release it, so that command should only be seen once and therefore work correctly.

As your dealer said, the solution is to modify the PUC file.

Regards Keith....

• 01-04-2012 11:08 AM In reply to

• mbee
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-18-2007
    • Paris, France
    • Posts 1,133
    • Bronze Member

Hi Keith,

I wish you a very happy new year!

I was just wondering : can we expect an update of the PUC list on this group? Its "last edited" date is january 2010... Cool
    I hope that it's not too much work, but if I can be of any help, I would be happy to do something to have a more up-to-date list.

• 01-04-2012 1:38 PM In reply to

I am pleased to inform all members that this afternoon I updated the PUC library list which can be found in the GROUP section by pressing the GROUP button in the MENU above or clicking HERE

Regards Keith....

• 01-04-2012 2:46 PM In reply to

• mbee
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-18-2007
    • Paris, France
    • Posts 1,133
    • Bronze Member

Ok Keith... As usual, you're doing things incredibly fast!

Thank you very much!!!

• 01-05-2012 8:58 AM In reply to

thanks for this, I will try it out to confirm

Page 1 of 1 (15 items)