in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 03-10-2009 6:55 AM by V13WNG. 8 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 03-09-2009 11:41 AM

Question on Beolink Passive

Hi all,

I just got myself a beolink passive type 1657. I want to run a passive speaker beovox 3000 from my beosound overture. Can i just connect powerlink out from my overture into the powerlink of the beolink passive and from there using the two pin out to the beovox 3000? Does this method works? 

I realised that my beolink passive has no led indicator to show whether the amp is on/off unlike what the user guide in beoworld shows. Btw, the serial is 11xxxxxx.

Is beolink passive the same as the current MC/MCL converter as i see all the connection input are the same physically.

Any kind soul can advise?

• 03-09-2009 12:09 PM In reply to

Re: Question on Beolink Passive

You are correct. Powerlink from Ouverture to Beolink passive with one proviso........the powerlink cable must be MkII or fully wired.

The passive is the renamed version of the ML/MCL converter.

Regards Graham

• 03-09-2009 9:09 PM In reply to

Hi Graham,

Thanks for clearing my doubts. So that is to say i can control the volume direct from my ouverture without the iR unit?

Do you know why there is a difference in the outlook of the set as mine has got no LED indication to show the status of the amp unlike what the user manual shows?

May i know the power rating for this amp? Is it good enough to run a beolab 5000 speaker passively as i have one pair with one faulty amp on one side?

Are you aware if somebody is capable of repairing the beolab 5000 speaker amp unit?

Regards

• 03-10-2009 2:46 AM In reply to

Yes, the volume can be controlled from the Ouverture buy of course you will also be adjusting the volume in any active speakers you may have connected to the other powerlink socket on the Ouverture.

If you require indepenent control of the passive then you must use the masterlink interface together with an IR eye.

I am afraid that I do not know why you passive has no on/off indicator.

The nominal power rating is 30 watts per channel which is plenty of power to run Beovox 5000 in a reasonable sized room at reasonable volumes. It would not cope with Satus Quo in the Albert Hall!!

Where are you located, I may know a local service engineer?

Regards Graham

• 03-10-2009 4:37 AM In reply to

Hi Graham,

I am based in Singapore. You know any service engineer? Or do you happen to have any extra amp unit to let go for the beolab 5000?Smile

Thanks for the advice, anyway, the ouverture will be solely used to push only one pair of passive.

Regards

• 03-10-2009 4:58 AM In reply to

Sorry, Singapore is a bit out of my comfort zone!!

Regards Graham

• 03-10-2009 5:56 AM In reply to

joeyboygolf:

The most recent units do not have an off/on indicator.

Regards Keith....

• 03-10-2009 6:02 AM In reply to

Keith Saunders:

joeyboygolf:

The most recent units do not have an off/on indicator.

Value Engineering????

Regards Graham

• 03-10-2009 6:55 AM In reply to

• V13WNG
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 06-11-2007
    • Eastbourne, East Sussex, ENG
    • Posts 200
    • Bronze Member

Surely this isn't a recent unit? Serial 11******?? Hmm