in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 03-09-2009 2:19 AM by KingOfSnake. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 03-08-2009 4:15 PM

• RockR
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 03-08-2009
    • Posts 2
    • Bronze Member

Connecting a Wii via Component Video cable to 7-40

Hi there,

Please excuse what I'm sure is a stupid question from a newbie...but can anyone tell me how I can connect my Wii to my Beovision 7-40 using a component video cable?

I have a cable, which has 5 din plugs. They are coloured Green, Blue, Red (which I assume are the video connections) and a white and red connector which would seem to be the audio connections.

The thing is, when I look at the back of my 7-40, I can see that maybe the Green video could go to the Y labelled socket, the Blue to Pb and maybe the Red to Pr (I'm just guessing here!). But then where would I plug in the left and right sound? whould they somehow go to the SPDIF?

Any help/explanation would be gratefully appreciated!

Thanks in advance.

Ronnie.

• 03-08-2009 4:24 PM In reply to

Re: Connecting a Wii via Component Video cable to 7-40

When you take the covers off the back of the BV7, there is a diagram on the back of them that shows you where all the cables go.  You need to use AV4 and assign it to a source.  The diagram should clearly show the Red, Blue and Green vidoe inputs, and the red and white audio at the top.

• 03-08-2009 4:46 PM In reply to

• RockR
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 03-08-2009
    • Posts 2
    • Bronze Member

Thanks for your response rednik!

I'm obviously missing something here, so please excuse me, but I can only see inputs for AV1, AV2, AV3 and AV5!

As I say, I am obviously missing something REALLY basic here!

It is difficult to see the connections that clearly on the back due to light/space, but even looking at the BeoVision 7 Reference book I can only see these inputs, no sign of AV4, which doesn't make sense!

Confused :(

Ronnie.

• 03-09-2009 2:19 AM In reply to

Ronnie, if looking at the back of the set, with component inputs on the RHS towards the bottom of the screen, there are two black phono connectors at the top (on the same side).   When you take off the rear cable cover there is a diagram specifying these.

These are audio (left and right) stereo inputs which automatically sync with your connection AV4.  Pretty much anything can be set up as an AV4 input and you can synchronise your video source choice with a stereo feed (AV4) input.  This is done automatically when you assign a source to AV4, don't worry about the technicalities.

Buy a torch, attach the leads, go into MENU-OPTIONS-CONNECTIONS, scroll down to AV4.  For example, identify it as V.MEM (assuming you have a MK3 BEO4 remote) or V>AUX if that option is missing, choose YPbBr (can't be sure of all those letters!) for HDTV and you will be fine. 

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)