in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 03-10-2009 4:44 PM by Siggi. 11 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (12 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 03-08-2009 12:59 PM

• Siggi
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Posts 45
    • Gold Member

Masterlink Fault Ouverture

hi everybody,

i just bought a Ouverture by ebay in very good conditions.the problem is,that the masterlink function is not working.i checked every options,masterlinkcable..etc.....no response to the avant.i will walk to the dealer next week.had anybody the same fault or heard about this?

thanx,siggi

• 03-09-2009 3:56 AM In reply to

Re: Masterlink Fault Ouverture

HAve you checked & then double checked the cables & connections so that you can definitely confirm it's the masterlink, also are you able to check whether the Avant works with anything else over masterlink or the Overture on there own.

Just my own thoughts.

• 03-09-2009 4:57 AM In reply to

Siggi,

Assuming that you have done all the basic checks and the AVANT and Ouverture are the ONLY products connected to the masterlink, in other words there is just ONE cable connecting the AVANT to the Ouverture AND;

You know the Masterlink connection has previously worked in the AVANT then

You could test the functions of the Ouvertire Masterlink by using the Ouverture test functions as follows:-

• With the mains power discounted from the Ouverture, reconnect power and within 12 seconds press PROGRAM 2 6 3 0
    • Now press 2 then 8 which opens a signal to the masterlink and the display should read  "OK 28"
    • Now press 2 then 9 which opens for a signal from teh Masterlink to the Ouverture and teh display should read "OK 29"

If you get the following correct two messages, then the basic functions of the masterlink are working and we need to look further.

Regards Keith....

• 03-09-2009 7:50 AM In reply to

• Siggi
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Posts 45
    • Gold Member

Hi Keith.

thanks for helping.first of all i can say that i´m sure that the avant,the option-settings and the cables are all ok.so,i checked the ouverture-system at your order.everything 28&29 displayed ok.but no response to any masterlink system.i connected the ouverture with my link-system beolab 2000-no respons.

greetings

• 03-09-2009 8:40 AM In reply to

Siggi,

Given your answers I think we need to take one step back and relook at the situation.

Please confirm the following points are as I have stated below and provide answers where required:-

1. You have checked the AVANT option setting, please confirm what you have set it too ? To check it, go into the Service Menu of the AVANT by pressing MENU on the beo4, then move down to SETUP and press GO then press 0 0 GO. Highlight "Monitor Information" and press GO and note the option number the AVANT is set too.
    2. What option setting has the Ouverture been set too ?
    3. When you press Radio on the Beo4 nothing happens and the displays in either product did not briefly flash when pressing the beo4 button.
    4. The masterlink cable between the AVANT and the Ouverture is a single B&O masterlink cable which is NOT connected to any other masterlink product and has not been cut or modified in any way ?

Regards Keith....

• 03-09-2009 8:50 AM In reply to

• Siggi
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Posts 45
    • Gold Member

Hi Keith,

ok i confirmed the 4 points.

1.&2. Option 2   is shown in the avant service menu

3.by pressing radio on the Beo4..nothing happened

4.yes its the only cable.

to make the ckeck a little more easier...i connected the overture to beosound2000(a masterlinksystem) directly,with a new and tested masterlink cable.also no masterlink is working.

the dealer said that the ouverture was cleaned in and out...perhaps they disconnected a cable in the system?!

• 03-09-2009 1:48 PM In reply to

Well, in that case you may well be correct and a cable has become internally disconnected.

You can see from the drawing below its not difficult to get to the masterlink module

Regards Keith....

• 03-09-2009 3:07 PM In reply to

• Siggi
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Posts 45
    • Gold Member

Hi Keith,

wow many thanks.Normaly i would look at the masterlink-modul by myselve.But i brought the system to a B&O dealer here in town.It´s better to fix this by an "official" because i bought it at ebay.i think its better to have dokuments about the fixing.i will show them the seller.but for sure i will inform you about that what they fixed.

greetings,

siggi

• 03-10-2009 2:06 PM In reply to

• Siggi
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Posts 45
    • Gold Member

Hi everybody,

bad news,b&o told me that the masterlink-section is broken.and its a piece of the mainboard.so the complet mainboard must be changed(400€).now i have to fight with the ebay-seller :o(

greetings siggi

• 03-10-2009 2:35 PM In reply to

Siggi,

I find myself having to disagree with your dealer over your problem for the following reasons:-

• The Masterlink Processor are on two small modules with numbers 13 & 14 as shown below
    • The more expensive part being the microprocessor module costs around 80 Euros as a spare part from B&O

Regards Keith....

• 03-10-2009 2:53 PM In reply to

Agree with Keith, I can't believe it is a main board fault and 400 Euros seems excessive.

Regards Graham

• 03-10-2009 4:44 PM In reply to

• Siggi
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Posts 45
    • Gold Member

Thanks Friends,

i sended a mail with a copy of your draw to the dealer.

Greetings

Page 1 of 1 (12 items)