in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 03-08-2009 9:55 PM by Bouncer. 8 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 03-07-2009 3:06 AM

Any news on a DVB-HD & Full-HD panel version of the BV7-32" (a Mk V?)

I was getting really tempted at a shop demo version of the 7-32" today (with x% off!) , but I didn't realise that it only had DVB-T and wasn't capable of decoding DVB HD signals. Since thats heading the to be the norm (okay - its a way away - but we do have a few HD channels on digital terrestrial here in Aus) it would be a shame to get a TV that couldn't do that "out of the box"

Looking at http://forum.beoworld.org/forums/p/22391/167491.aspx it mentions of a possible May 09 release for an update to the BV7-32" that will give it :

1. Full HD panel
    2. DVB-HD
    3. Native HDMI (ie no need for an expander)

Anyone have any news on whether the above link was correct ? And whether the May09 timeline was realistic.

I did look at the 40" as it has all the bits that i'd like - but its just too darn big for our place ... 

• 03-07-2009 4:06 AM In reply to

Re: Any news on a DVB-HD & Full-HD panel version of the BV7-32" (a Mk V?)

The BV7 32 will not have a full HD panel, B&O have stated that it is not going to be necessary.  However there will be a HD-DVB tuner released this year, expected to be around May time and a new chassis incorporating 2 x HDMI sockets.

• 03-07-2009 4:52 AM In reply to

• Tim
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 05-19-2008
    • Munich
    • Posts 121
    • Bronze Member

Full HD is only necessary if you use panels with 40" and above.

I have compared different TV's in this category and you don't see any difference between FullHD and HDready if the TV has a good scaler.

normal TV even looks better on the HDready panels because you don't have to scale so much.

• 03-07-2009 8:17 AM In reply to

You don't have to scale so much?

That depens on what HD channel you are watchting.

There are several channels broadcasting in 1080i  in Europe.

• 03-07-2009 4:16 PM In reply to

I'm definitely happy to get the BV7-32 as long as it also has  DVB-HD & HDMI and from what I saw the HD (720) screen will suffice (didn't get to look at Blu-Ray comparison yet).

Is the May '09  BV7-32 model the one that also gets the Blu-Ray (or the upgradeable to Blu-Ray option) ?

Thanks for helping me decide ... 

just .... got ... to ... wait ....untill ........May...

• 03-08-2009 5:19 AM In reply to

The 32" will not get the blu-ray option.

• 03-08-2009 5:52 AM In reply to

ToeKneeAus:

I'm definitely happy to get the BV7-32 as long as it also has  DVB-HD & HDMI and from what I saw the HD (720) screen will suffice (didn't get to look at Blu-Ray comparison yet).

Is the May '09  BV7-32 model the one that also gets the Blu-Ray (or the upgradeable to Blu-Ray option) ?

Thanks for helping me decide ... 

just .... got ... to ... wait ....untill ........May...

I've been told April?

• 03-08-2009 7:54 AM In reply to

Oh well - its not like Blu-Ray is a necessity internally - just hoping I could get a bit more added value ... i'll likely pair it up with one of the Panasonic Blu-Ray recorder & HDD.

I just need to start thinking if there's a market for a 12 year old Avant (tube is only 18 months old). No space in the house - guess its back to good ol' ebay or trying for a trade in - but i think thats flogging a dead horse (although B&O Aus did have a trade in a CRT deal at the end of last year).

• 03-08-2009 9:55 PM In reply to

Just wondering if B&O will cater for small market in Hong Kong, we are using DMB-T

Could this module be retrofitted to older version BV7?

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)