in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 03-07-2009 8:17 PM by flex73. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 03-06-2009 5:34 PM

• Andy
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 07-24-2007
    • Melton Mowbray
    • Posts 128
    • Founder

MMC 1 wasted on my ears and music

Hi

I acquired an MMC1 with a Beogram i purchased to be honest I cannot tell the difference between the 1 and the MMC4 i use on my 5005 (shoot me down if you must!!) My music is mainly rock and 70s /80s pop stuff. i believe this would be most benefit to those who listen to classical and Jazz. 

How much no idea??? I am not an expert on these MMCs I will be guided by the experts on this forum!!

I believe the MMC1 to be in very good condition if you are interested I am prepared to let any Gold member try before buying if you are concerned about its quality.

I dont want to ebay it because of fraudsters and prefer it to go to someone who would really appreciate it. It comes with a A4 leaflet about the MMC 1-5 range. 

Contact me if you are interested.

``````thanks

Andy

• 03-06-2009 7:54 PM In reply to

• 9 LEE
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Moderator - UK
    • Posts 5,223
    • Founder

Re: MMC 1 wasted on my ears and music

Wow! - I've never heard that said about an MMC1 before..   I can only compare an MMC1 to CD quality, and an MMC4 to.. well... vinyl !!

What speakers are you listening through?

Lee

BeoWorld - Everything Bang & Olufsen

• 03-07-2009 2:25 AM In reply to

I can relate to this. The later decks do not allow the full potential of the MMC1 to be realised and the MMC4 is pretty good anyway. The Soundsmith SMMC4 is even better than the original so the need for a MMC1 is quite limited. An 8002 in an 8000 system would probably be the best recipient though from my limited experience with an MMC1, I cannot honestly differentiate between it and a MMC2. I have no claim to golden ears though - and they are getting worse! Laughing

• 03-07-2009 2:35 AM In reply to

• Andy
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 07-24-2007
    • Melton Mowbray
    • Posts 128
    • Founder

Hi

Thanks it is strange there is a difference but I prefer the MMC4 much like I prefer the EN compared to the CL! 

I listen mainly through sennheiser 580s and the speakers are Quad 112Ls. I would guess to really appreciate the MMC1 you need a system to reproduce its capabilities.

I grew up listening to Radio 1 on MW listening to vinyl on cheap record players so when it does sound perfect I dont like it! I never liked CDs always preferred tapes and my Dads old pioneer 707 reel to reel ( i used to record the Top 40 every sunday on that!)

I also much prefer to watch Barnsley FC than Man Utd!

The MMC1 deserves someone who does appreciate its qualities. If I could get my 8002 working I might appreciate it more.

Andy

• 03-07-2009 5:11 AM In reply to

• h1npw
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • A cricket ball throw from Trent Bridge
    • Posts 776
    • Founder

Hi Andy

I've sent you an email regarding getting your 8002 fixed.

Cheers

Nigel

• 03-07-2009 12:45 PM In reply to

• h1npw
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • A cricket ball throw from Trent Bridge
    • Posts 776
    • Founder

Hi Andy having dreadful problems with my email  tried to email you by return to you mac email address - it got bounced back....very strange.

email me your phone number and I'll give you a bell.

Cheers

Nigel

• 03-07-2009 8:17 PM In reply to

Hi Andy,

I am from Singapore. I am interested. DO let me know what price and the postage cost to Singapore? Paypal ok? Any personal email to get in touch?

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)