in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 03-20-2010 8:59 AM by Puncher. 69 replies.
Page 2 of 3 (70 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-19-2010 2:20 AM In reply to

Re: BS 5 software update

It doesn.t work here either. I have BL7-32 connected with BM5 via DVI, etc and a MX4002 in the Linkroom connected to BL7. I have tested L-PC, AV-PC etc but no response. I guess we now have to have some experts into the thread Cool

brgds Ingvar

Collector since 1996, BS5/BM5, BL3*4, BL11, BEO6, BV10-46, BL2000, MX4002, Beocom6000, Beotalk1200

• 01-19-2010 3:14 AM In reply to

• stefan
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • 200 miles from Struer
    • Posts 1,733
    • Founder

Most disappointing update I ever got! Yes, sure, it works with my BV7-40 and BV6-22 and BC6-26 in linkrooms. But it is quite USELESS, if they don`t improve on screen navigation. This is what was announced long ago:

"Next Update:

-Navigation of N.MUSIC/N.RADIO via main room TV -- support for searching through the music collection via the TV screen.
    -Continuous playback via N.MUSIC, for example live recordings could be played back as one track instead of being divided up in multiple tracks.
    -Quick rewind/fast-forward in tracks via N.MUSIC
    -Access to content stored on other units, for example NAS-drives, servers, USB-HDD, etc.
    -Video Shifting -- Navigation via Linkroom TV
    -Backwards compatibility with older Bang & Olufsen TV's -- support for connecting and using BM5 together with older TV's which do not 'understand' the PC command.
    - Support for Asian signs and characters"

So this CAN`T be the update we all are waiting for....(!?)

@Nidi: BV Avant doesn´t "understand" the PC command. I think this is why you can`t access the BM5. And you will have to connect BM5 and your videomaster with a composite cable.

@Ingvar: Same here. MX xxxx won`t understand PC command.

@Acanthus:Is your BM5 connected via composite to your videomaster? And is there anything assigned as PC connected to your BV10?

Stefan

• 01-19-2010 4:51 AM In reply to

I wonder, I have my BM5 connected to BV7 with HDMI (picture) and S/PDIFF (sound), but in the user guide for BV7 it says that you can not link HDMI signals to link rooms. Does that then mean that I also have to connect the BM5 to my BV7 with Composite cables in order to link the signal?
    I have a BV8-32 in the link room.

There is something about B&O.....

• 01-19-2010 6:14 AM In reply to

Yes,

Use a composite cable between BM5 and BV7.

Now my system works like it should.

Here is the announcement from the factory:

Distribution of BeoMaster 5 content to link room televisions

Symptom

When selecting the source PC on link room television, the screen stays black and no content is visible.

Cause

The video signal is not distributed from BeoMaster 5.

Solution

From software 5.03 we offer improved BeoMaster 5 navigation in link rooms as you now can get the same menu on screen as you have on your main room television.

Letting you see and navigate content from your BeoMaster 5 via your Bang & Olufsen link room television allows you to:

·

Visually recognise cover art including album and artist name of the music playing

·

See the name of the internet radio station you are listening to

·

Navigate in your photo collection

·

Web browse via your web favourites using your Bang & Olufsen remote control

Launch

The software has been released in January 2010 and downloaded automatically if BeoSound 5 is connected to the internet.

Retailer involvement

This update requires active involvement from the retailer. An additional cable is needed between the BeoMaster 5 and the main room television for distribution of the CVBS signal in order to enable the link room distribution of data. 

Acanthus

• 01-19-2010 9:47 AM In reply to

• Emil
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 05-18-2007
    • Stockholm, Sweden
    • Posts 98
    • Bronze Member

Would a BM5 connected to a BV 7-32 via DVI and a BV6-26 as linkroom tv give the same problem, i.e. must the BM5 and the BV7-32 be connected via composite? I understand that HDMI sources are not linkable but are not sure whether the same applies for DVI?

/Emil

Inflagrante

• 01-19-2010 10:36 AM In reply to

• stefan
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • 200 miles from Struer
    • Posts 1,733
    • Founder

Yes. You must connect your BM5 (or BM1) via composite to your Beovision if you want picture on link TVs.

Stefan

• 01-19-2010 3:10 PM In reply to

OK, now it works for me too. I have connected the BM5 to my 7-55 with HDMI and SPDIF + using the composite video and Audio L/R on the BM5 and connected these to the SCART connection. I am using the AV2 connection.
    And since my BM5 is 15 meters away I had to use a Composite Extender using Cat5e network cables. This works fine also.
    But the space in the BV7 for cables is amost used, and I still have to connect a Tvix like the BM5 (without the SPDIF though).
    The navigation in the link room works like in the main room, but the picture quality is of course not the same as in the main room.
    I think this was the only change with this software update.

• 01-19-2010 3:15 PM In reply to

- Thanks Stefan, i assumed that that was the problem. Well navigation from link-TV isn´t that a big thing for me, especially when the navigation is on so low level...

Collector since 1996, BS5/BM5, BL3*4, BL11, BEO6, BV10-46, BL2000, MX4002, Beocom6000, Beotalk1200

• 01-19-2010 4:18 PM In reply to

IngvarW:

- Thanks Stefan, i assumed that that was the problem. Well navigation from link-TV isn´t that a big thing for me, especially when the navigation is on so low level...

We only have a BV8-32 in the kitchen, and have until now used N.MUSIC and N.RADIO = Navigated in Blind. The link navigation works ok for us, and you can also show the pictures as slide show. We have the TV 3 meters away, and from there the picture looks ok.
    And the navigation performance is much like the performance in the main room.
    But I must admit, you dont get a wauv effect when navigating the BM5 on the TV's. Here B&O leave themselves a lot of room for improvement.

• 01-19-2010 5:56 PM In reply to

• M4SPM
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Burnley, Lancashire United Kingdom
    • Posts 38
    • Founder

What if you have no Beosound 5 and just Beomaster 5?

I haven't had the update :(

• 01-20-2010 2:14 AM In reply to

I don't have a BS5, only a BM5. This is also why the navigation from the link room TV's is so important for me.

• 01-20-2010 5:00 AM In reply to

stefan:

Yes. You must connect your BM5 (or BM1) via composite to your Beovision if you want picture on link TVs.

Stefan

Hi,

This is because you can only distribute analog signals through link. So there are no options to link DVI or HDMI sources, this should be done as Scart or as composite.

• 01-20-2010 7:56 AM In reply to

• stefan
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • 200 miles from Struer
    • Posts 1,733
    • Founder

IngvarW:

Maybe you can assign the AV port connected to BM5 as V.AUX in the connections menu of your BV7? This should also work with your MX....(?)

Stefan

• 01-20-2010 8:35 AM In reply to

I have used V.MEM for my BM5, then I don't have to scan thru the list options to find PC on Beo4. And it is faster to transfer the sound to Master Link (Stereo instead of Mono using AV).

• 01-20-2010 9:21 AM In reply to

• stefan
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • 200 miles from Struer
    • Posts 1,733
    • Founder

Yes that works with BS3 based BV7s, but if I remember correctly, Ingvar got an earlier BV7-32 and I don`t know if this will work with a -32 the same way....(?)

Stefan

• 01-20-2010 1:34 PM In reply to

This is interesting, maybe someone can help here. If I turn on BM5 in my link room TV and afterwards turn on BM5 in the main room which - beside composite - also is connected with HDMI, then I get the signal in the main room thru composite instead of HDMI. And the quality is by far not as good.
    Is it not possible to have the main room TV showing BM5 while the link room also shows BM5?

• 01-20-2010 3:46 PM In reply to

Stefan, I will try these different options when my wife have dropped the control of the BV7 Big Smile. I have only the DVI cable and the sound cable as connection between BM5 and BV7-32. I actually cutted the DVI cable and dragged it within a pipe under the floor and then solder it together, strange but it did work.

Brgds Ingvar

• 01-20-2010 3:56 PM In reply to

• stefan
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • 200 miles from Struer
    • Posts 1,733
    • Founder

beolion:

This is interesting, maybe someone can help here. If I turn on BM5 in my link room TV and afterwards turn on BM5 in the main room which - beside composite - also is connected with HDMI, then I get the signal in the main room thru composite instead of HDMI. And the quality is by far not as good.
    Is it not possible to have the main room TV showing BM5 while the link room also shows BM5?

BM1 and BM5 can output digital (HDMI) OR analog (composite) picture, not both at the same time. So if you select BM5 from linkrooms it will automatically switch to composite.

Stefan

• 01-20-2010 5:48 PM In reply to

Stefan,

You're saying that a DVI cable alone does not permit to send the picture on link TVs?

This is surprising because after the update it is indicated on the BS5 screen that just "a minor adjustment of the setup" is necessary to be able to navigate via the link TVs. It doesn't say anything about adding a composite cable?!

Guy

• 01-21-2010 4:49 AM In reply to

• stefan
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • 200 miles from Struer
    • Posts 1,733
    • Founder

You will need it. Check it out. It is also mentioned some posts above:

"Retailer involvement

This update requires active involvement from the retailer. An additional cable is needed between the BeoMaster 5 and the main room television for distribution of the CVBS signal in order to enable the link room distribution of data. "

It`s not a problem with BM5, it doesn`t work with HD sources like HD stbs, BR players etc.... either. The RF modulator can not distribute digital signals.

Stefan

• 01-23-2010 11:31 AM In reply to

I completely agree with you, Stefan.

The update is almost useless since navigation when using N.MUSIC and N.RADIO is impossible, although I must admit it's somewhat weird because when you read the BM5 manual it clearly says that navigation is at least to some extent possible. It never worked for me. For eg, did you ever, when yusing N.MUSIC or N.RADIO succeed in bringing up the menu overlay (see page 20 of the BM5 manual)? Each time I press Menu I got the PC home menu and not the Overlay menu (tried both with BEO4 and BEO5).

Thanks.

Guy

• 01-23-2010 3:55 PM In reply to

• stefan
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • 200 miles from Struer
    • Posts 1,733
    • Founder

If I remember correctly, Beo announced the "BM5 picture on link TV" as "exiting new feature". I had this feature already years ago with my BM1 including navigation with menu overlay and browsing music library...so maybe this will be the "exiting new feature" in 2011 with SW 5.04...?

Stefan

• 01-23-2010 4:25 PM In reply to

I have the exact same experience. BM1 was far from being perfect but it had link TV and navigation possibilities from the beginning. I really don't understand why BM5 doesn't have the same (minimal) features!!! Why didn't they just take the BM1 software. It also runs under XP!

• 02-04-2010 5:28 AM In reply to

• stefan
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • 200 miles from Struer
    • Posts 1,733
    • Founder

My BS5 has been updated last night, but I can`t see any difference in the UI - unfortunately no improved TV navigation.....

Does anybody know more about that?

Stefan

• 02-04-2010 6:02 AM In reply to

• HVD
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 02-21-2009
    • Posts 33
    • Bronze Member

My BS5/BM5 has been frozeen all morning while updating. At 0800 it had downloaded only 24% and at 1200 it has only downloaded 63% of the update. My connection is 2 Mbps which should be ok (not fast). While updating and downloading I can't do anything on my BS5. I can't hear any music (N.MUSIC or RADIO) and the screen shows "update in %". I tried preesing "GO" which should terminate the update, since I belive something is not right, but with no luck.

Anybody who experience the same?

Cheers

Henrik.

BS5/BM5, BL3, AVANT 32", BL8000

Page 2 of 3 (70 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next >