in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 03-07-2009 2:00 AM by Spiros. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 03-03-2009 2:27 PM

• Spiros
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 09-03-2007
    • Thessaloniki GREECE
    • Posts 1,088
    • Gold Member

Beomaster 5 internet connection and other questions!!!

Altough at the very beggining I said I would not go for it, I really start thinking about purchasing the Beomaster 5 without the Beosound which I find it useless as long as I use it directly over the TV with Beo5 or Beo4.

However I have to admit that while taking everything in mind while building up my house and having in mind to use a wireless I did not put any ethernet connection next to the TV place. So far of course I use my Beoport (in the Attic) on my living room through the Beosound4 and it is quite appreciated by my children hearing their favorite music all the time everywhere inside the house!

However if now I switch to Beomaster 5, I have no connection for both N.Radio and loading of course with new pics and new music (at least easily). So far and for some other activities, I used a quite old system from Packard Bell which is net over powercords (via USB). This requires though some driver installation, so I'm wondering if this is possible provided of course keyb. mouse and Usb Drive are connected to the Beomaster 5. Does anyone knows about this?

A second though between Beomedia1 and Beomaster5 is that Beomaster5 as seen over a post will be upgraded soon?! so that it will distribute video to other link TVs as well. Can somebody "confirm" this? At least if this idea exists. Because from my point of view that would be the only advantage (for the use I want to make in my house).

I also heard that Beomedia1 is easier to use than Beomaster5. But as far as I understood, the interface looks the same! Any experience on that?

Many thanks for any feedback.

Best regards

Spiros

Best regards

Spiros

• 03-03-2009 3:15 PM In reply to

• SWISS_2
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Neuchatel, Suisse
    • Posts 552
    • Gold Member

Re: Beomaster 5 internet connection and other questions!!!

A second though between Beomedia1 and Beomaster5 is that Beomaster5 as seen over a post will be upgraded soon?! so that it will distribute video to other link TVs as well. Can somebody "confirm" this? At least if this idea exists. Because from my point of view that would be the only advantage (for the use I want to make in my house).

I can confirm that I was also told this by B&O during my BS 5 demonstration, 19.02.2009. I asked that specific question pointing to an adjacent Beovision, and the reply was that this feature will be available further down the track.

No doubt other upgrades have been planned and scheduled in the coming years with this product.

• 03-03-2009 4:34 PM In reply to

• Spiros
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 09-03-2007
    • Thessaloniki GREECE
    • Posts 1,088
    • Gold Member

Hi Swiss,

Many thanks for your input.

It will be indeed a very good option if fulfilled.

However, you mentioned that Beomaster5 will have many upgrades in the future. This point is the one that I'm afraid also. Look what happened with Beomedia1. After 1-2 years the project was dumped. Of course one can imagine that this happened due to Beomaster, but how can you explain this to all the people that "invested" in this product spending a good sum of money to have it.

I will probably be heading for the BM5 (if my problems solved) as I hope it will have the video link feature after a while and hope it will not be just left over after a while for a 3rd generation of media center. At least they should keep this in mind that what ever might come in the future, the current range should be able to upgrade and be compatible with.

Best regards

Spiros

• 03-04-2009 10:53 AM In reply to

• SWISS_2
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Neuchatel, Suisse
    • Posts 552
    • Gold Member

Ta panta rhei kai ouden menei.
  • 03-05-2009 12:02 AM In reply to

• Spiros
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 09-03-2007
    • Thessaloniki GREECE
    • Posts 1,088
    • Gold Member

Directly to the point!!!!!!

Ancient Greeks knew what they were talking about!!Wink

Best regards

Spiros

• 03-05-2009 12:36 PM In reply to

• kimhav
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 09-03-2007
    • Sweden
    • Posts 127
    • Bronze Member

Spiros:
    However if now I switch to Beomaster 5, I have no connection for both N.Radio and loading of course with new pics and new music (at least easily). So far and for some other activities, I used a quite old system from Packard Bell which is net over powercords (via USB). This requires though some driver installation, so I'm wondering if this is possible provided of course keyb. mouse and Usb Drive are connected to the Beomaster 5. Does anyone knows about this?

Well, one could assume that the system would detect USB keyboard and mouse if you attach this and as well you should be able to get the system to accept a wifi usb based nic based on the you provide the drivers on a normal memory usb stick. Guess it's just a metter of getting someone to try to attach usb units to BeoMaster 5.

• 03-07-2009 2:00 AM In reply to

• Spiros
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 09-03-2007
    • Thessaloniki GREECE
    • Posts 1,088
    • Gold Member

At least I hope it has obviously the service menu as well, just like Beomedia1.

I definetely going to give it a try before purchase and go through all the details.

Best regards

Spiros

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)