in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 03-17-2009 6:03 AM by Luke . 79 replies.
Page 3 of 4 (80 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 03-03-2009 2:18 PM In reply to

• Puncher
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-27-2007
    • Nr. Durham, NE England.
    • Posts 9,588
    • Founder

Re: BeoLounge - Launched

Henri:

Puncher:
    Am I to understand that, even if you register, there is no way to bypass all that Barbie & Ken nonsense at the front end everytime you login? - surely even B&O's web designers can't be that lame!

Yes there is, a "Skip Video" button on the right-hand side of the screen. A lifesaver.

But surely there should be a setting in your profile somewhere to just turn them off!

Generally speaking, you aren't learning much if your lips are moving.

• 03-03-2009 3:06 PM In reply to

I've been playing around with it, pretending I'm new to B&O and just want to have a look. Wonder how many people they lose after their insistence on "registering" to do anyting short of using the lavatory - bet that will change soon, when they see the stickiness numbers.

If you're just someone looking for quick info, you're bound to be asking yourself: surely they must have another site, this is some demo thing.

And yes, was very happy to find the Video Off.

• 03-04-2009 3:08 AM In reply to

Has anyone found wallpapers and/or screensavers? Hopefully updated :-) 

Happy owner of: BV10, 2 x Beocom 2, Beocom 6000, Beocenter 2, Beolab 3, Beolab 2000, Beo4, Beolab 11

1:st prize winner Beoworld January Price Draw.

• 03-04-2009 12:55 PM In reply to

XavierItzmann:
    Pray tell, what is an MCP.

MCP stands for male chauvinist pig, or macho man in short.

• 03-04-2009 12:58 PM In reply to

Puncher:
    Oh btw.............schatzoy, yes you are a MCPStick out tongueLaughing

Thanks Puncher for confirming, at least someone knows the meaning. I don't know why but this expression is something that I have never forgotten. Our teacher, a rather unattractive PhD, always brought that up. Loooooong time ago.

• 03-04-2009 1:29 PM In reply to

• Beobird
    • Top 150 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-19-2007
    • Netherlands
    • Posts 506
    • Gold Member

They really should have added a naked girl into the lounge Big Smile. I chose for the woman on my first visit and it was a bit boring after a while.

We Can't Get Enough B&O Stuff...

• 03-04-2009 3:27 PM In reply to

• 9 LEE
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Moderator - UK
    • Posts 5,223
    • Founder

How much fun would it be if you could be issued with a BeoUzi and just trash the place!  B&O could make a fortune with a gaming sim version! Laughing

Lee

BeoWorld - Everything Bang & Olufsen

• 03-04-2009 3:44 PM In reply to

• Puncher
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-27-2007
    • Posts 9,588
    • Founder

9 LEE:

How much fun would it be if you could be issued with a BeoUzi and just trash the place!  B&O could make a fortune with a gaming sim version! Laughing

Lee

There you go! - They should ask here first for suggestions before embarking on these thingsLaughing

Then again, with the speed of my connection I'd only be training cannon fodder for other playersLaughing

• 03-05-2009 1:54 AM In reply to

good point , what we really need is a gta mod for the beo lounge !! call of duty 6 : danish warfare

i tried logging in with my old bno forum password , that wasn't recognised

then i tried registering and it wouldn't allow me and came up with lots of cryptic syntax messages

it's obv designed for pc's , not macs :(

popgear is grate™

• 03-05-2009 2:46 AM In reply to

• Daniel
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Svinarp, Sweden
    • Posts 1,284
    • Founder

I think they should let all visitors enter the lounge without registration. Login should only be necessary for the VIP-room.

Maybe they collect the info about what the visitors do, but it will be too much information to use for every single customer. They surely will just monitor what's most popular etc.

Beovision LX5500, BeoCord V6000, BeoSound 9000, BeoLab 8000, BeoLab 3500, BeoLab 2000, BeoVox1, BeoCom 6000, Form1, LightControl 1

• 03-05-2009 4:01 AM In reply to

Just checked out beolounge.

Nicely done, but extremely slow...

I gave up on it after about 5minutes. I have a new mac ordered, so once I get it I'll try again. The current one isn't powerful enough to drive it seamlessly.

My internet speed is 10Mbit.

-Andreas

BLab5, BLab5000, BLab8000, BV10, BS9000, BS3, Beo5, Beo4, BLink1000, BLink5000, BLink7000, A2, A8, Form2

• 03-05-2009 4:13 AM In reply to

• Puncher
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-27-2007
    • Posts 9,588
    • Founder

Alternatively you can nail your head to the table - it's more rewardingLaughing

• 03-05-2009 4:49 AM In reply to

• Henri
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 02-15-2009
    • Posts 66
    • Gold Member

Flappo The Grate:
    it's obv designed for pc's , not macs :(

It hasn't crashed with Hackintosh (Q9650, HD4850, 8GB, OS X 10.5.5) so far, on my Core Duo Vista laptop it's unstable. The lack of CPU/GPU performance or just an older version of Flash player may be the culprit, haven't bothered to investigate this any further yet.

• 03-05-2009 5:16 AM In reply to

• PentaIII
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-26-2007
    • Australia
    • Posts 83
    • Bronze Member

IE 8 crashes for me as soon as the store manager is done talking every time, not a great start.

• 03-05-2009 5:21 AM In reply to

• 9 LEE
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Moderator - UK
    • Posts 5,223
    • Founder

So, we've gone from serious discussion to shooting up the BeoLounge with an Uzi to nailing your head to a table.. typical BeoWorld thread then!

Laughing

BeoWorld - Everything Bang & Olufsen

• 03-05-2009 5:38 AM In reply to

9 LEE:

So, we've gone from serious discussion to shooting up the BeoLounge with an Uzi to nailing your head to a table.. typical BeoWorld thread then!

Laughing

I'll only take the Uzi if I can have the endless movie magazines as well, otherwise I'd rather have a semi-auto 12 gauge shotgun Laughing

If these were the good old days, someone would've made a Beolounge Doom WAD already Big Smile

-mika

• 03-05-2009 5:44 AM In reply to

PentaIII:

IE 8 crashes for me as soon as the store manager is done talking every time, not a great start.

Don't blame Beo for that, blame Microsoft. Big Smile

I believe IE is to crash from 0.01 sec from double-click of it's icon, to max 30 minutes.  

-Andreas

BLab5, BLab5000, BLab8000, BV10, BS9000, BS3, Beo5, Beo4, BLink1000, BLink5000, BLink7000, A2, A8, Form2

• 03-05-2009 6:11 AM In reply to

• Luke
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-03-2009
    • Switzerland
    • Posts 286
    • Bronze Member

I think they should have made it more like Second Life. That way the Beofans could all go there and interact with each other....

They could have even incorporated a questions room and maybe 'looking for' room or 'selling' room.

Not that I don't like what they have but it's not really a replacement for the old forum. There is no forum.

• 03-05-2009 12:13 PM In reply to

• cjocc
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 09-07-2007
    • Sweden
    • Posts 39
    • Bronze Member

Hello All,

Did you get your old community uid and pwd to work for the BeoLounge? or did it require you to register again?

cjocc

BC 2, MX7000, BeoPort, BLab 35000,BLab 3,BLab 8000,BeoC 6000, Beo4
  • 03-05-2009 12:52 PM In reply to

PentaIII:

I used my existing password and it worked first time!

Why are you running IE8? As far as I know it is little more than a Beta so you would expect problems.

I am running Vista Home Premium on a HP Core 2 Duo laptop and it all works perfectly. Boring but perfectly boring!

Stick with Microsoft, don't try to be too clever or paddle against the current and everything works.

Regards Graham

• 03-06-2009 7:00 AM In reply to

• Puncher
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-27-2007
    • Posts 9,588
    • Founder

9 LEE:

Laughing

Now, if B&O had a sense of humour, a table, with a hammer and a long nail on it, would appear in one of the roomsLaughing

• 03-12-2009 7:01 AM In reply to

Does anyone have an idea where I can log into that New York trip thingy, or access the BeoSound 5 "simulator" for that matter? I tried clicking on both of those wallpapers that hang outside the store, but they are not working with me...

• 03-12-2009 7:24 AM In reply to

You need to enter the house...

You will be proposed to register for the lounge (and get the trip).

With the Beo5 you can navigate to the BS5 room.

• 03-12-2009 7:27 AM In reply to

After the first days speed has improved for me with Beolounge and has grown on me. It's more like a virtual shop visit with all those little details that you can learn. Today I have received the monthly B&O newsletter which had a link to Beolounge (pointing to an article in the Magazine that is located on the first floor of the lounge) in it. When I left the magazine, the store manager was showing up saying "I did not see you enter...", I thought that was clever and funny Laughing

Cheers,
    Frank

• 03-12-2009 9:27 AM In reply to

• steph
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • France
    • Posts 612
    • Bronze Member

I "walked" all around the BeoLounge, in every room with both the lady and the man but i'm always at 39%.

Do you know why ?

Is there anybody who reached the 100% ?

Page 3 of 4 (80 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 Next >