in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 03-18-2009 5:04 PM by Beogen. 20 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (21 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 03-01-2009 7:23 AM

• Emil
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 05-18-2007
    • Stockholm, Sweden
    • Posts 98
    • Bronze Member

BM-link and Itunes problem

Hi,

Have recently experienced a problem with BM-link who maybe someone can help me with? Everything has work satisfactory until I updated to Itunes 8.0.2 a while ago. Now BM-link shuts down of after playing a few seconds of the first song. Have tried to uninstall BM-link and install it again bit without success. I do not have this problem om my Macbook with Leopard and Itunes 8.0.1.

Anyone else who has experienced the same problem as I? And maybe even have a solution to it?

Thanks in advance!

Emil

Inflagrante

• 03-01-2009 9:40 AM In reply to

Re: BM-link and Itunes problem

I run iTunes 8.0.2 and BM-Link 1.50.2, runs perfectly, every time.

I've been using BeoPort with iTunes 8, no issues.  Then again, I have two little settings I've discovered that give me an up and running system, always:

a. Mac Mini is set to not look for system updates automatically.  I found that the "you have system updates ready to install" system pop up made the Mac unresponsive to BeoPort.

b. Mac Mini is set to shut down automatically at 3:55 am and re-boot at 4:00 am, every day.  It also falls asleep after 15 mins of inactivity and wakes up the second any B&O Master Linked product is turned on around the house.

• 03-01-2009 2:52 PM In reply to

• Emil
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 05-18-2007
    • Stockholm, Sweden
    • Posts 98
    • Bronze Member

Strange... BM-link 1.50.2 is for Leopard, isn't it? Could that be the reason your working perfect and not mine?.

I cannot say for sure that it is the updated Itunes which have caused the problem. Think there was an update for "Mac's with intel processors" as well.

Inflagrante

• 03-01-2009 8:07 PM In reply to

Frankly, I can't recall what BM-Link 1.50.2 is for... but the Mac Mini is running OS X 10.5.6.  The Mac Mini is of recent vintage and features an Intel processor.

By the way, the reason I decided to set a daily reboot in the Energy Saver preferences panel is because if not after a few days the Mac would become unresponsive or unsynchronized to Master Link commands, which is unacceptable.  Hence, easier to have the Mac restart while we sleep.

• 03-07-2009 7:18 AM In reply to

Hi all,

I have same problem with Mac Book Pro. After I updated iTunes, my BeoPort don't work. is there any possibility to go older version back in iTunes or have anybody solution to this problem. Argh... I bought RCA-cable today... and connected it to my BC2. That was only good idea to play mp3 songs right now. :(

Beo, please make own Mac software asap! Angry

• 03-07-2009 12:54 PM In reply to

Just for kicks, I just installed on my MacBook Pro to try out on my system.

MacBook Pro —15", 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo (1.5 yrs old), OS X 10.5.6

BeoPort —Firmware 1.31

BM-Link —v. 1.50.2

iTunes —8.0.2 (20)

Works fine!  What versions of the above do you have?

• 03-09-2009 1:43 PM In reply to

Here is what I have:

MacBook Pro —15", 2.33 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo (2.5 yrs old), OS X 10.4.7

BeoPort —Firmware 1.31

BM-Link —v. 1.50.1

iTunes —8.0.2 (20)

And BeoPort don't works anymore

• 03-09-2009 2:46 PM In reply to

Ahh!  I see.

Unfortunately, I no longer keep installations of OS X 10.4 around, so I would not be able to test the combination of OS X 10.4 with iTunes 8.0.2 with BM-Link v. 1.50.1

I wish I could be of additional assistance, but at this point your best bets might be to

(1) write Anders Ölund, or

(2) find another user still using OS X 10.4 and do some testing or

(3) upgrading to OS X 10.5 so you can use BM-Link 1.50.2

One activity I have found useful with OS X is to "repair privileges" once in a while.  Launch Disk Utility, select your main drive, verify disk and repair privileges.  Shot in the dark, useful to do anyway from time to time.

Keep us posted!

• 03-09-2009 6:04 PM In reply to

• Emil
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 05-18-2007
    • Stockholm, Sweden
    • Posts 98
    • Bronze Member

Well, still no luck for me. Seems as if BM-link creates a whole lot of information in "System messages", please see below. 

Mar  9 22:50:19 Macintosh crashdump[381]: BMLinkMLServer crashed

Mar  9 22:50:19 Macintosh crashdump[381]: crash report written to: /Users/emil/Library/Logs/CrashReporter/BMLinkMLServer.crash.log

etc...

Writing to Anders Ödlund could be a solution but I am not sure how active he is in this forum anymore. It would make me feel a bit more comfortable if there were someone else who could confirm the problem (or even propose a solution to it) before disturbing him. At least there seems to be two of us now but really thought there should be more of us if this is just not something with our Mac's. Or are we the only one's who still makes use of Mac OS X 10.4 and Beoport?

Anyway, many thanks for your input so far. It is highly appreciated. I will keep ypu posted should I find a solution to this problem.

Best regards,

Emil 

Inflagrante

• 03-09-2009 7:14 PM In reply to

• Stan
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Posts 593
    • Gold Member

Emil,

I run OSX 10.4, BM-Link 1.50.1 and iTunes 7.6.2 on a rather old G4 Mac Mini.

I have been thinking of upgrading iTunes to play with the "Genius" feature, but have not because of fear of what you have run into.

I may have some time to mess with this tomorrow.  I will let you know if I run into this same error.

On the other hand, I do have iTune 7.6.2 as a .dmg file which you should be able to install if you just uninstall your current version.

Unfortunately, I can only send e-mail attachments up to 10MB, and this file is 46MB so I don't know how I can get it to you.  If you have any ideas (do you have an ftp server somewhere?), let me know.

Stan

• 03-09-2009 8:37 PM In reply to

Hi All

Ive had similar problems with beoport after i updated itunes on my mac.

When i updated the operating system to Leopard however the compatibility problems ceased.

I still have some problems with N.RADIO from time to time... but basically beoport works (most of the time now)

Hope this helps...

David Coyne

Sydney, Australia

BV8-40, BC6-26, BC2, Beolab 9's, Beogram 7000, Beogram 9500, Beoport, Beotalk 1200, Beocom 6000, Beolit 1000, 800, 700, 600, 400

• 03-10-2009 2:03 PM In reply to

Well... perhaps I'll need to buy Leopard and try again.. it's not so expensive ;)

• 03-10-2009 3:28 PM In reply to

• Stan
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Posts 593
    • Gold Member

I was able to upgrade iTunes to 8.0.2 without a problem so maybe Leopard isn't the issue (see my post above for versions).

I did have to reboot (after the upgrade reboot - I upgraded QuickTime and a security update which both required a reboot.  That is, reboot by system update, then reboot manually), and then restart BM-Link via system preferences to get it responsive again.  After that, it has been working fine for the last 30 minutes.

Stan

• 03-10-2009 6:19 PM In reply to

• Emil
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 05-18-2007
    • Stockholm, Sweden
    • Posts 98
    • Bronze Member

Hi Stan,

Many thanks for your input. This problem seems really strange since you get everythin to work... Just to make sure - have you tried to use Beo4 to control Itunes with? When I try to use the skip track or fast forward (i.e. next playlist, artist etc.) buttons BM-link shuts itself down. I can however press N.music to start with and that way get the audio signals from the Mac to the speakers.

I am in a position where I should be able to upgrade my Imac to Leopard (at least I assume so since I have it installed on a Macbook). However, I am not so keen on Leopard yet. Have got kind of used to Tiger and also finds it faster, especially when the computer starts up. The Imac is older than the Macbook so I assume this is due more to the OS itself rather than the hardware. Anyhow, I might try to downgrade Itunes and see if that works.

Have also thought about a second hand BeoMedia 1 but I find them a bit too expensive still. Even with a price reduction of 50 percent they are quite expensive in my opinion.  

Inflagrante

• 03-11-2009 1:59 PM In reply to

Hi,

My friend have two MacBook's. An other he have Leopard and in other Tiger. He made test set-up for BeoPort. He'll get same problem (what I got) with Tiger but in Leopard BeoPort works fine!

Next thing is that I'll order Leopard and keep you updated.

• 03-16-2009 7:37 PM In reply to

• Beogen
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-12-2007
    • Belgium
    • Posts 135
    • Bronze Member

XavierItzmann:

I run iTunes 8.0.2 and BM-Link 1.50.2, runs perfectly, every time.

I've been using BeoPort with iTunes 8, no issues.  Then again, I have two little settings I've discovered that give me an up and running system, always:

a. Mac Mini is set to not look for system updates automatically.  I found that the "you have system updates ready to install" system pop up made the Mac unresponsive to BeoPort.

b. Mac Mini is set to shut down automatically at 3:55 am and re-boot at 4:00 am, every day.  It also falls asleep after 15 mins of inactivity and wakes up the second any B&O Master Linked product is turned on around the house.

Doesn't it wake up with only the N.RADIO or N.MUSIC commands? That should be ideal.

• 03-16-2009 8:43 PM In reply to

I plugged my new (and first) Mac (a unibody macbook) into my Beoport on Sunday, downloaded BM-link, took a deep breath ... pressed the buttons and it just worked!

I was blown away !

I then had hours of fun ....

First B&O (1976) was a Beogram 1500 ... latest (2011) change has been to couple the BL11 with the BL6Ks *sounds superb*

• 03-16-2009 10:33 PM In reply to

Beogen:

Doesn't it wake up with only the N.RADIO or N.MUSIC commands? That should be ideal.

Ahh, great question!

Results:

Beosound 3200 - does not wake Mac from sleep if CD or RADIO is turned on

Beolab 3500 - does not wake Mac from sleep if CD or RADIO is turned on

Beolab 2000 - wakes Mac from sleep if CD or RADIO is turned on, unless the following case is executed:

- Use BS 3200 to turn on RADIO first.  

- Turn BS 3200 to STANDBY.  

- Turn BL2000 on to RADIO.  Mac does not wake up.

As you can see, behavior is not always the same.  Generally speaking, I can state with confidence that after the Beolab 2000 was installed (last piece to be installed), my system has been a little bit less rock solid than before.

I attribute it to the BL 2000 SW version being 1.0, and wonder what benefits I might draw from version 1.1?

• 03-17-2009 4:28 PM In reply to

• Beogen
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-12-2007
    • Belgium
    • Posts 135
    • Bronze Member

Thank you for the answer!

Today, I just got a Beoport from my dealer to do a test.

The beoport is connected to a MacBook Pro - Leopard and a BS4 and the Mac doesn't wake up with other commands then N.RADIO and N.MUSIC, great but...

I can't get it to sleep, i set the time to 1min but it remains awake except for my screen. Does it still receive commands from the Master Link?

Maybe I have to restart everything, also the ML network, in order to get a clean start.

• 03-18-2009 1:38 PM In reply to

I don't know why yours does not go to sleep.

1.  Does your Mac go to sleep within 1 minute if not connected to BeoPort?

2.  A Mac which has the screen off but is still awake will continue to accept commands from BeoPort.

Good luck,

• 03-18-2009 5:04 PM In reply to

• Beogen
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-12-2007
    • Belgium
    • Posts 135
    • Bronze Member

Indeed, I goes asleep when not connected to the Beoport. This weekend I'll keep trying, it must be something stupid.

Page 1 of 1 (21 items)