in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 04-29-2009 6:22 AM by rayfenwick. 9 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-26-2009 4:50 PM

Your favorite pinball machines

I just realised there is no topic related to pinball machine. So I just start one in here.

So far my favorite pinball machines are:  Attack from Mars, The lord of the rings and Star Wars (Data East).

It is sad to see there is only one company call Stern producing Pinball in the world and the sales is not looking good.

I think there are some commons between B&O and Stern Pinball:

To me, B&O is the only company in the world to produce truly great design audio and video systems, but people think their products are obsoleted, even before their launch.

I really hope those two companies will keep the good works for the next 10 years. Beside every products made by those two companies have history to tell and can really hold their product values.

• 02-27-2009 4:07 AM In reply to

Re: Your favorite pinball machines

Timmy50:

I just realised there is not topic related to pinball machine. So I just start one in here.

Never occured to me before, but yes, you're right Big Smile

There is something magical about making and seeing mechanical things move instead of a plain video game. I used to play "Medieval Madness" a lot when there was one in the local pub. Then it was replaced with more moden machines one after another, and not one of them was very interesting... now there's no pinball machine at all, and frankly I have no idea where the nearest one might be.

I think I'll go play some The Who now Laughing

-mika

• 03-03-2009 5:23 PM In reply to

• Henri
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 02-15-2009
    • Posts 66
    • Gold Member

Ouch. Not this subject. I used to collect Bally/Williams pinball machines, before my "everything must go" phase, and still have a couple of my favourites left - Black Rose and Corvette. All in all, I'm a fan of widebody pinballs. In no particular order, The Addams Family (Gold preferred), Twilight Zone, Indiana Jones and Judge Dredd are on top of my list. Other pins I've liked: No Good Gofers, Medieval Madness, Revenge From Mars and Theatre Of Magic.

Pick one? I'm torn between Black Rose and Twilight Zone.

• 03-03-2009 5:45 PM In reply to

• Dillen
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Copenhagen / Denmark
    • Posts 5,008
    • Founder

Funny how interests often match ...

I have a little collection of Williams pinball machines.
    In my livingroom I have the Getaway and Indiana Jones in daily use.
    My sisters family has my Flintstones on loan and stored away
    are The Addams Family, Red and Ted's Roadshow and a few others.

I've had more but as it is the case with my B&O collection, the number of
    pinball machines had to be cut down.

Wonderful machines !

Martin

• 03-04-2009 3:29 AM In reply to

How could I forget " Medieval Madness" ? It is wonderfull machine.

Believe it or not, I never have a chance to play the Twilight Zone and The Addams Family.  Can't find these two machines in my local bars Sad. I believe most of these machines are now sitting in private houses.

I started to play pinball and buying arcade games after reading this article (At the end of 2008):

http://www.nytimes.com/2005/01/02/business/yourmoney/02game.html?_r=1&ex=1105626617&ei=1&en=0a7a6736ec97b37c

I'm even more addicted after watching this DVD:

http://www.pinballnews.com/news/dvd.html

• 03-25-2009 11:54 AM In reply to

Very surprised to find Pinball fans here.  I have two machines.  A new Lord of the Rings that I modified, of course... And a Star Trek 25th Anniversary that I completely restored.  The Star Trek machine keeps me busy as its parts are old and frail and the wiring always has some issue.  I have found a great resource for parts and sometimes have to make my own.  But, it works flawlessly about 95% of the time and it is fun.  I actually play it more than the Lord of the Rings.  It just has that old mechanical charm!

• 04-28-2009 1:36 PM In reply to

• Tom
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Luxembourg
    • Posts 3,175
    • Bronze Member

My favorite pinball machine is the Terminator 2, with the pinball shotgun. I used to play it almost every day when I was younger.

Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life. - Berthold Auerbach

• 04-28-2009 6:54 PM In reply to

Somewhat related....  Any fans of Nixie tubes out there?

Ray

Я люблю Банг и Oлуфсен

• 04-29-2009 3:02 AM In reply to

rayfenwick:

Who isn't! I've always wanted to build a Nixie clock, but I'm sure it's one of the projects I'll never start.

Besides, somebody has already built the definitive all-tub.. ermm all-valve implementation Wink

-mika

• 04-29-2009 6:22 AM In reply to

tournedos:

rayfenwick:

Who isn't! I've always wanted to build a Nixie clock, but I'm sure it's one of the projects I'll never start.

Besides, somebody has already built the definitive all-tub.. ermm all-valve implementation Wink

Something like this? Smile I built it from a kit in 2006, but made my own case (which needs painting - on my "to do" list....) and added the dekatron spinner, just because I like them Smile

Ray

Я люблю Банг и Oлуфсен

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)