in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 02-26-2009 6:34 AM by benjnz. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-26-2009 5:11 AM

Hmm [^o)] By hook or by crook - any possibility of the B&O DVB module in a 1st gen VCR Avant with some creative modification ?

I've been the proud owner of a 1st Generation 28" Avant for the last 11 or so years and more recently its had a tube & electronics change (the old "green band/explosions of early death" syndrome) but since its been good to me there was no reason I wouldn't want to extend its life.

I've had the 1st gen B&O DVD controller and very happy with it. But since finding out about the B&O DVB module could only be fitted to all DVD avants i've been hankering for a solution to get that somehow into my VCR avant.

Now as far as i understand it the issue is a space one  - can anyone tell me whether the DVB module could be fitted to a VCR avant with a little ingenuity (or case modification) ?

I've been amazed at the lengths some beoworlders have gone to previously (eg DVD1 in a VCR avant)  and wondered whether anyone has tried to go down the path of getting the DVB module in a VCR avant ?

If the issue is not a space one (that could be circumvented by some creative hacksaw work on the case) and turns out to be a more fundamental software version or other prerequisite that the VCR avant just never had (I assumed the DVB module takes the place of the SAT expansion capability that my Avant has) then i'll know to give up on my quest.

I do like my Avant and can't see that I have the funds to jump to a BV7 for a while - and so I'm trying to extend my enjoyment of my Avant. I realise and do have an external DVB box attached - but there's nothing like a fully integrated single box solution (even if that single box [ie Avant] weighs more than an overweight youngster!!).

• 02-26-2009 6:06 AM In reply to

Re: By hook or by crook - any possibility of the B&O DVB module in a 1st gen VCR Avant with some creative modification ?

It's not a matter of space, more an issue of software.

You may wish to review the thread HERE from 2007 on the subject

Regards Keith....

• 02-26-2009 6:34 AM In reply to

• benjnz
    • Top 150 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Auckland NZ
    • Posts 392
    • Gold Member

Re: By hook or by crook - any possibility of the B&O DVB module in a 1st gen VCR Avant with some creative modification ?

Hmmm DVB-T all very interesting here,  I was playing with my EyeTV on my iMac and if I select DVB-T and NZ, I get no channels found, however if I pick UK DVB-T I get 13+ Freeview channels here, so I wonder if I did want the DVB-T in my Avant would it just the the UK version? Huh?

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)