in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 02-28-2009 9:07 AM by koning. 32 replies.
Page 1 of 2 (33 items) 1 2 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-25-2009 10:24 PM

• Beolab
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-18-2007
    • Sweden
    • Posts 535
    • Bronze Member

News inside the farm about the BV7-55

The release date for the new BV7-55 will be in the late spring / early summer 2010

Beeheehee

BL8000 MkII Black

• 02-26-2009 3:29 AM In reply to

• steph
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • France
    • Posts 612
    • Bronze Member

Re: News inside the farm about the BV7-55

2010 ! Sad

Apart from size, what will be the differences with the 40" : new panel, LED, upgraded BS3... ?

• 02-26-2009 4:08 AM In reply to

I can't understand why it takes so long for Beo to introduce new products. And clearly it's not so they can be perfect, since they do need software updates later on. Smile

-Andreas

BLab5, BLab5000, BLab8000, BV10, BS9000, BS3, Beo5, Beo4, BLink1000, BLink5000, BLink7000, A2, A8, Form2

• 02-26-2009 4:11 AM In reply to

• Luke
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-03-2009
    • Switzerland
    • Posts 286
    • Bronze Member

It's good they offer software updates at least....

do many other companies do that ? It kinda protects you a bit I think.

• 02-26-2009 5:44 AM In reply to

Also it doesnt annoy people that have bought stuff from them complaining about why they spent a fortune in the first place only to have a better model available 3 months down the line.

I think its ok for slow new version, but the changes should be really significant!

• 02-26-2009 6:35 AM In reply to

• Tomaz
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 11-07-2007
    • Germany
    • Posts 74
    • Gold Member

I don' get it, B&o kicked out Mp3, ext. DVD player and Cell-Phones to increase the pace of AV product launches and now its 2010 ?!

Next generation 55 inch LCDs with LED were shown by Samsung on the CES 2009 and will available very soon ,but B&o needs one year more for a launch...

TT

• 02-26-2009 6:43 AM In reply to

That's B&O Folks!!

• 02-26-2009 7:07 AM In reply to

timhanna:

Also it doesnt annoy people that have bought stuff from them complaining about why they spent a fortune in the first place only to have a better model available 3 months down the line.

I think its ok for slow new version, but the changes should be really significant!

That doesn't quite cut it for me, B&O are in "desperate" need of cash flow, and by announcing a TV to be out over a year from now, makes no point to me... 

New and better models are available constantly from competitors, why shouldn't there be such an offer from Beo if they want to stay at the cutting edge? And in reality "offer the best".

TV technology advancement will settle down at some point. So I expect it's vital for Beo to jump with others on the evolving train for TV's. Who want's to buy outdated technology in a pretty package? Not me. Then I buy used, and buying used don't rub B&O's back at all.

-Andreas

BLab5, BLab5000, BLab8000, BV10, BS9000, BS3, Beo5, Beo4, BLink1000, BLink5000, BLink7000, A2, A8, Form2

• 02-26-2009 9:40 AM In reply to

• saf
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Posts 458
    • Founder

Tomaz:

Next generation 55 inch LCDs with LED were shown by Samsung on the CES 2009 and will available very soon ,but B&o needs one year more for a launch...

Well, they actually are already available - I'm just looking at their catalogue. In fact, they are already selling 70" with LED ... quite pricey as a matter of fact.

(sorry for the bad pic - my laziness)

• 02-26-2009 11:21 AM In reply to

• Daniel
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Svinarp, Sweden
    • Posts 1,284
    • Founder

Well, sometimes bad news is better then no news.

I was hoping to get a new TV this fall. But I will hold my horses if it's "just" 6 months (waited so many years so it doesn't matter). Actually I prefer plasma, but LCD is progressing so It will be interesting to compare "the big three" (BV 4, 9 and 7-55).

Beovision LX5500, BeoCord V6000, BeoSound 9000, BeoLab 8000, BeoLab 3500, BeoLab 2000, BeoVox1, BeoCom 6000, Form1, LightControl 1

• 02-26-2009 11:25 AM In reply to

• Daniel
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Svinarp, Sweden
    • Posts 1,284
    • Founder

If the picture shows a BV7-55, then the speaker must be a BL7.3!?

Beovision LX5500, BeoCord V6000, BeoSound 9000, BeoLab 8000, BeoLab 3500, BeoLab 2000, BeoVox1, BeoCom 6000, Form1, LightControl 1

• 02-26-2009 1:38 PM In reply to

Will the new tv have anything like a card reader,usb or,internet  connection or maybe  wireless stuff? to bring it up to date!

Bv7-55 & Bv7-32...Blue,lab1's x4,Yes4Blue, 6000x4Blue,Beocom6000 Blue,Beo5.Oh what a Blue set-up & a Beosound 5...After all,its Bang&Olufsen!

• 02-26-2009 1:50 PM In reply to

and also a microwave, fridge and an electric toothbrush!

The race for quality has no finish line- so technically, it's more like a death march.

• 02-26-2009 2:34 PM In reply to

That will be the Bv7-60 Stick out tongue

I can't wait for a bigger the Bigger 7-50 shuld be a great tv.

Bv7-55 & Bv7-32...Blue,lab1's x4,Yes4Blue, 6000x4Blue,Beocom6000 Blue,Beo5.Oh what a Blue set-up & a Beosound 5...After all,its Bang&Olufsen!

• 02-26-2009 5:49 PM In reply to

Can't say for certain whether this is the reason for the "delay," but it's worth considering the sheer volume of new products we're going to be releasing/relaunching. Since we control our own distribution channels we attempt to get the most out of every launch in terms of press attention and client penetration as well as the advertising campaigns to support the launch activity. 

If products start to launch 4 weeks apart things start to get too compressed and confusion ensues, opportunities are missed, etc.

Just the launches we know about:

BeoCom 5

BeoVision 7-40 MkIV

BeoTime

BeoVision 10

BeoLab ? Subwoofer Concept

BeoVision 4-103

BeoSystem 3 Upgrade (DSP, +)

BeoVision 8-40

BeoSound 5 First Peripheral

That's 9 that we know of and each one requires a launch. Considering these will start to launch next month (Spring 09) that gives us 52 weeks and approximately 6 weeks to "birth" each one. Now we know that Holiday will only be holiday, so it's really more like 5 weeks. Any tighter than that and I would start barking up the ladder about launch overload!

Leave the daily launches to Sony! I don't have any real need for a larger BeoVision 7 anyway. 

There is scarcely anything in this world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little more cheaply. The person who buys on price alone is this man's lawful prey. - John Ruskin

• 02-26-2009 7:40 PM In reply to

bayerische:

I can't understand why it takes so long for Beo to introduce new products. And clearly it's not so they can be perfect, since they do need software updates later on. Smile

It makes perfect sense to me. B&O are a business that needs to make money. If they bring out this TV now then other TVs in their current product range would suffer sales as a result, the 7-40 far more than others. If they kept on churning out products and product updates every couple of months they would be no different to other mass producers and like them, end up with a range of medioca products only, albeit more variety.

Screen sizes have got a bit silly these days anyway I think. 37", 40", 42", 50", 55", 65", 100" and now even higher... I mean, what is the market place for most users really? This is the key question that needs to be addressed by all companies, not just B&O. With tube telvision it was really only ever between 28" or 32" for living areas, with smaller portable sets being used for second room TVs. It seems manufacturers are still testing the water with flatscreen. I would have bought my TV whether it was 37", 40", 42" or possibly 50". But 65" or higher is just too big and completly impractical for my home. How many homes could (and would) accomodate such a large screen size? If you want a cinema setup fine, but if you want a traditional TV setup then probably not. Its getting to the stage where the TV is making more of a statement than the rest of the home and furnishings in it and that is certianly not how I would ever design my living environment.

Simon.

• 02-26-2009 7:44 PM In reply to

I can not believe the the 55" is a big seller anyhow. i don't think it's a fortune for them to pull off, so they do.

Seriously, who has the space for a massive TV like that? For the screen itself, yes, but for the speaker underneath? And with 7.4 it might not look well proportioned. BL10 could work though ........

BS9000, BS2300, BC2, BL2500, BL3, Bl2, BS1, BV8, BC4, A8

• 02-26-2009 7:55 PM In reply to

Given the current financial climate, I would imagine a BV7-55 would be delayed until things are on the up. The BV7 range is expensive enough as it is and probably needs more prosperous times to succeed. Hence the latest advertising campaign to mix and match BV7 assembly with/without DVD/Speakers etc....

Most of the products there are either enhancements (read "better value") to existing products, or introduce a new product at a lower price point (BV8-40 / BV10).

The BV4-103 is custom-built so virtually everything about that product will be buy-in and assemble on demand. i.e. neutral cashflow demand for B&O.

The BeoSound 5 Peripheral sounds interesting. What is it? A new box? a two-way remote?

10%

• 02-26-2009 7:59 PM In reply to

What is the point of B&O producing a 55" lcd when there are 50" and 60" BV4 plasma screens that are already for sale?

I suppose it's the integration of tuner and blu-ray player etc into the BV7 that makes it attractive. I wonder what the price of it will be.

• 02-26-2009 9:40 PM In reply to

Mr10Percent:

The BeoSound 5 Peripheral sounds interesting. What is it? A new box? a two-way remote?

10%

I don't mean to step on any sheep toes, but there will be a dock for an iPod that will, as it has been explained, come on-board as another "source" on the BeoSound 5. So whereas today you have N.MUSIC and N.RADIO, this peripheral will add IPOD or whatever they call it. Apparently the delay on this was down to the confusion over iTunes going DRM free, which happened literally as it was launching. In that case, the iPod docking wouldn't have made as much sense. Now a guest can plunk it in and let the BeoSound 5 do the work. Just to be clear, this is an add-on! No one should worry about buying a BeoSound 5 and having something immediately undercut the concept!

It all goes back to how we're thinking of the BeoSound 5 as a platform more than a product. It will grow and evolve over time. 

As for the two-way remote, look for it early next year. It will have a GUI and specifically support the BeoSound 5 in other link rooms for full navigation (cover art and all from what I hear). It will not replace the Beo 5 in the same way the Beo 5 has not replaced the Beo 4. It will be a more expensive solution, and control other sources, but the Beo 5 will still be provided as the new "standard" remote due to its "clicker" size. The Beo 6 will not be the sort of thing you'd sit with in your hand. That is literally the sum total of my knowledge on it! I'm sure we'll all hear tidbits on this as we get closer to the next holiday season.

Hopefully this might help to push a few "maybes" to go ahead and dive into the BeoSound 5. It's great today and it's only getting better!

There is scarcely anything in this world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little more cheaply. The person who buys on price alone is this man's lawful prey. - John Ruskin

• 02-27-2009 2:57 AM In reply to

• Puncher
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-27-2007
    • Nr. Durham, NE England.
    • Posts 9,588
    • Founder

Will the Beo 6 work with the BM5 alone (without BS5)?

Generally speaking, you aren't learning much if your lips are moving.

• 02-27-2009 7:15 AM In reply to

The point is that for some strange reason, most of the people prefer LCD and not plasma.

After Pioneer, LG is now also considering to stop with plasma. Althoug plasma still give a more natural picture and have a much better viewing angle, it does not sell well   Angry

http://www.engadgethd.com/2009/02/26/lg-considering-withdrawal-from-plasma-market/

• 02-27-2009 8:45 AM In reply to

Puncher:

Will the Beo 6 work with the BM5 alone (without BS5)?

Remains to be seen, but it will be a remote for all sources, so I imagine it will do something with the BeoMaster 5, maybe just something different. 

• 02-27-2009 10:07 AM In reply to

That will be because the showrooms are flooded with LCD's as they are cheaper to produce & they make more margin on them, plus they always show still images which do not show how truly awful they really are! Plasma for me always

• 02-27-2009 12:32 PM In reply to

• kawo
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Posts 516
    • Founder

I just came back from my dealer to pick up my refurbished Beo4's, he confirmed to me that late 2009 we can expect the BV10, with build in LS, just approx. 6,4 cm thick including wall-bracket and speaker with decent sound. Also he mentioned that the BV10 will come with the new common digital platform. 

Exactly what  I am looking for to replace my BV3-32. So should I wait or go with stripped down BV7-40? hmmm.... not sure...

Karsten

BV4-50, Beosystem 3, Beolab 5, Beolab 3, BV3-32, BV1, BS9000, Beolab 4, Beolab 2000, Beo4 Cinema

Page 1 of 2 (33 items) 1 2 Next >