in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 03-06-2009 2:02 AM by beoaus. 9 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-25-2009 3:47 PM

Beovision 8 wii component cable help

Hi all, new to the forum so please bear with me and my lack of technical knowledge.

I have just traded in my trusted Avant for a Beovision 8 32" I am more than impressed with the picture quality and sound.

However I have a slight technical problem that I and the two B&O technicians who installed the TV cannot resolve. I have searched the forum and found some good advice but still I am unable to resolve the cursed Wii set up. Hope you may be able to help.

On sound advice I purchased the Wii component cable and had this installed into my hidden multi cable routing behind the wall (mistake 1).Sad

On setting up the TV the Wii would not work at all using this cable, three coloured ends into the respective AV2 holes, the two audio coloured ends into AV2 scart utilising an adaptor. At most I could get sound but no picture.

It would work fine using the composite cable via the scart adaptor into AV2 scart.

I attempted to alter the Wii setting to HDTV using the composite cable, to no avail the option was visible but grayed out. Following a linked posting I tried to set the alteration up blind and then swapped cables (mistake 2)Angry. This worked to a degree, but then all went wrong. Cutting a long and frustrating story short.... The Wii does not work at all now with either cable option, I can get sound but no picture.

I would be very grateful indeed for any suggestions ( falling short of smashing the Wii up) in the setting up of the funfilled device.

• 02-25-2009 4:04 PM In reply to

• KibitoCH
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 02-19-2009
    • Switzerland
    • Posts 82
    • Bronze Member

Re: Beovision 8 wii component cable help

Heya and welcome

I'll start out with the B&O Settings. In the connections menu under AV2 you need the following:

Source: Anything but you might wan't to take something like DTV or V.Mem so you can click it directly on the Beo 4. Depends how much things you have connected.

IR Socket: none

HDMI: NO!

YPbPr: yes

Now i realise you might know some of it already but i'll just list it anyways, just to be sure.

Bad thing is i got my Wii at my Girlfriends place but from judging of other consoles like the PS3. It probably either outputs over Video or Component. So if you still have the normal cable you should have picture either over the component socket or the Scart Socket. But as long as YPbPr is on yes (in the connections menu of the B&O). You won't see anything that is connected to the Scart Socket.

So switching YPbPr to no and using the Scart as Video Input or YPbPr on yes and using the Component Input, either of it should show you a picture.

• 02-26-2009 10:36 AM In reply to

Many thanks for such a quick and helpful reply.

I have managed to regain sound and picture on the wii using the supplied composite cable  following your tip.So at least I know it still works.

However I am still confused as to how to utilise the component cable.

Sorry to be a pain but i don't know if I am missing something obvious or it really is as complicated as it seems.

I have tried YPbPr on no and yes with HDMI on no and yes and every conceivable alternative but I still only get sound and no picture at best.

When I connect the composite cable and alter the V.MEM connection settings giving me picture and sound as described, I can enter the Wii settings menu.

Under : Screen - TV Type - I then get the following three option boxes

50Hz (576i)

60Hz (480i)

EDTV/HDTV (480p)

I am unable to select the HDTV one which I assume I need. Do I need to try and select this via the posting I read, that is setting the remote in position, swapping the cable over so you lose picture then trying to do it blind?

I look forward to your advice once more. Thanks again.

• 02-26-2009 11:08 AM In reply to

I would give the "blind" change a shot, that sounds about right to me. Otherwise do you have another component device that you can test the TV?

CCheers

JK

BS9000, BS2300, BC2, BL2500, BL3, Bl2, BS1, BV8, BC4, A8

• 02-26-2009 5:55 PM In reply to

• Rico
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 07-12-2008
    • Posts 4
    • Bronze Member

Hi Ducati, I also had massive headaches trying to set it at all up, too. Let me see if I can help. First, a couple of pictures of my setup:

BV8 connection

BV8 screen setup

If the Wii is still not picking up the EDTV/HDTV try changing the channels and then going back to the Wii channel (DVD?). Try turning the TV off and on.

• 03-05-2009 10:38 AM In reply to

Thanks everyone for your advice and photos.

I am officially at the end of my tether now! I have tried all the suggestions and the best I can get using the component cable is sound and no picture. With the added bonus of dreadfull intermitent feedback coming over the speakers.

Rico, I have the same setup as you connection wise other than using VMEM instead of DVD I assume this would make no difference?

JK I do not have another component device to try unfortunately.

Just to clarify the procedure as far as I understand it;

When connected via standard cable I can select the screen menu as above, I then hover the cursor over HDTV/EDTV box (which is grayed out) swap cables to the component, thus losing picture. I select the box, hear a click and then move the cursor down slightly to click on conirm, hear a "bong" noise.

Having done this what must be 100 times now I have tried with swithching the TV off and on, the wii off and on, both off and on both on whilst hopping on my left leg blindfold. All to no avail!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyone any final suggestions ?

The Nintendo wii helpdesk state the problem may be because I am not using the official wii cable, even though the Gameware one I have is licensed to use their TM. the technician states the wii can detect the resistance pulses up and down the cable and if "it" senses something wrong will not open the required software. The retailer who sold the cable state they have sold 1000's and never heard of this.

• 03-05-2009 2:44 PM In reply to

Hi

Hope you don't find this patronising, but are you sure you have plugged into the component input?  There are 3 phono sockets righ by it, and I know some pwople have found the graphic on the sticketr confusing.

• 03-05-2009 3:19 PM In reply to

No, feel free I accept any advice with no ofence taken.

I will double check in daylight, I have left the component cable pretty much as the B&O technicians installed it. The cable obviously has five coloured ends Green,Blue,Red, then Red and White. I have it installed I think as shown in Rico's photo. That is the Red and White inserted via a scart convertor into AV2 scart the other three into what I think is the component input.

• 03-05-2009 11:44 PM In reply to

Honestly I don't think there is a way around either to ship the TV to your dealer and have him verify that the component input is working or do it yourself.

Either drag the Wii to a friend and check if it plays there or borrow a device that can do component. I would do both if you can somehow.

I think I know how frustrating this is, I would personally think the Wii and Screen just don't get along. As you I googled it and found the instructions toswitch to component "blind" a bit strange, but confirms somewhat there can be problems.

Good luck and please let us know how it played out.

JK

BS9000, BS2300, BC2, BL2500, BL3, Bl2, BS1, BV8, BC4, A8

• 03-06-2009 2:02 AM In reply to

• beoaus
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Melbourne, Australia
    • Posts 445
    • Founder

If you have a camera/RGB socket that you can configure, try plugging the green component lead into the yellow rgb slot. You will get strange colours but should be able to make your selection and save it from there.

Alternately use another TV to configure it.

Goodluck beoaus.

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)