in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 03-25-2009 11:03 PM by LeeDempsey. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-24-2009 1:28 PM

A fix for noisy Beogram motors

I have just fixed a couple of motors from 5005 and 5000, The problem is a plastic collar that is glued to the magnet breaks and rubs as the motor spins. taking apart ther motor is relatively easy for someone with experience and not recommended for the novice. I simply applkied some glue to the flapping plastic collar and everything is lovely and silent now.

If you wish to contact me

musicismoving1gmail.com

Barrie

• 02-25-2009 5:00 PM In reply to

• Dillen
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Copenhagen / Denmark
    • Posts 5,008
    • Founder

Re: A fix for noisy Beogram motors

Thanks, sounds like a good fix in the cases where the plastic collar breaks.
    Not a problem I have ever seen, though.
    The faulty ones, I have dealt with all had the commutator deformed by over current
    after brush fails and I found no solution to this other than locating a replacement motor.
    It's usually diagnosed by a frozen motor, alternatively a motor that will rotate unevenly by hand
    and often only in one direction, blocking the other way.

Martin

• 03-13-2009 2:10 AM In reply to

My Beogram 7000 has exactly the same problem. What I can't figure out is how to take the motor apart...

Beoworld's twenty-eighth ninth prize winner and fifty-first second prize winner. Best £30 I've ever spent!

• 03-25-2009 11:03 PM In reply to

I have an RX-2 that has begun to develop a whine in the motor as it is playing.  With the volume on my amp turned down it is audible from about 1 meter away, although I can't say that it is audible through the amp at normal listening volumes.  Are replacement motors available?  Is it worth the effort to replace the motor?

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)