in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 02-24-2009 6:54 PM by Jonathan. 7 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-24-2009 2:35 AM

• cmm86
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 02-20-2009
    • Posts 3
    • Bronze Member

Value of BeoVision 1, BeoVision MX 4000, BeoSystem 2500 ?

Hey,

I have two Bang & Olufsen tv's and one cd-player which my father gave me a while ago. The BeoVision 1 (this is exactly what it looks like, colours and all: http://www.lifestyle-av.co.uk/images/products/thumbnail/boyakahs-31.JPG) has only rarely been used, the BeoVision MX 4000 (http://www.iconic-av.co.uk/item_view.php?itemid=29) is used alot, and the BeoSystem 2500 (BeoSound Ouverture) has only played cd's, never cassettes. It has the BeoLab 2500 active speakers with red cloth fronts.

I'm moving in with my boyfriend now and as he is a hifi-enthusiast I no longer have any use for my Beos.. I was just wondering if anyone here can give an approximate value of these items?

Hope someone can help me Smile

Kind regards CMMSmile

• 02-24-2009 3:00 AM In reply to

• hebo
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Sweden
    • Posts 305
    • Founder

Re: Value of BeoVision 1, BeoVision MX 4000, BeoSystem 2500 ?

Hi, I think you should try to convince your boyfriend to swap to Bang & OlufsenBig Smile

Both the telly´s and the BeoSystem 2500 is classical B&O,

I won a BeoSystem 2500 18 years ago, and it still make me happy everyday.....

About the value I let somebody else answer.....

BV10

• 02-24-2009 5:38 AM In reply to

• Dave
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Brisbane, Australia
    • Posts 2,328
    • Bronze Member

cmm86:

Hey,

I have two Bang & Olufsen tv's and one cd-player which my father gave me a while ago. The BeoVision 1 (this is exactly what it looks like, colours and all: http://www.lifestyle-av.co.uk/images/products/thumbnail/boyakahs-31.JPG) has only rarely been used, the BeoVision MX 4000 (http://www.iconic-av.co.uk/item_view.php?itemid=29) is used alot, and the BeoSystem 2500 (BeoSound Ouverture) has only played cd's, never cassettes. It has the BeoLab 2500 active speakers with red cloth fronts.

I'm moving in with my boyfriend now and as he is a hifi-enthusiast I no longer have any use for my Beos.. I was just wondering if anyone here can give an approximate value of these items?

Hope someone can help me Smile

Kind regards CMMSmile

Well if you're moving in with him, maybe he can accomodate a little and let you keep the B&O in his house!

“Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of intelligent effort.”

Your health and well-being comes first and fore-most.

• 02-24-2009 9:26 AM In reply to

• cmm86
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 02-20-2009
    • Posts 3
    • Bronze Member

Yeah, I don't think that would be a problem Wink It's not so much that he won't let me keep them there as it is that I think both the tv's and the audio system is a bit dated.. I prefer flatscreens to the "old" Beos, and since I haven't listened to a cassette in almost 15 years I would rather have a system that can play CD's and MP3's for instance.. Smile

But one thing I dicovered is that the BeoVision MX4000 isn't an MX4000 after all, it is a MX7000.. I guess this would be worth more since it's a newer model?

Thanks so much for your replies btw Smile

• 02-24-2009 9:41 AM In reply to

Not so much a newer model, but a larger screen, 28" vs 21" for the MX4000.

A realistic price for an MX7000 on ebay is about GBP150-GBP2000 in excellent condition.

• 02-24-2009 9:46 AM In reply to

MX7000 is bigger, probably newer and has active speakers compared to MX4000, so yes, it will be worth more - the problem with CRT tv's nowadays is that 2 * rather little is still rather little. In some cases you might have trouble giving them away...

I can understand why you would prefer a flat TV, but keep in mind that you will have to spend quite a lot of money before you get one that can even approach the picture quality (not to mention sound quality!) of both of these TVs. Most (non-B&O) flat TVs are barely enough for listening to news and completely hopeless for music unless you connect them to an audio system. I would at least keep the BV1, it is still rather "current" and an excellent set. The tube of the MX may be visibly worn already if it has been used a lot as you say.

And you could of course attach an MP3 player to the AUX input of your BS if you like it otherwise.

Scan eBay for finished deals to get an idea what these might be worth around your area. The TV prices can vary wildly since they are usually impossible to ship. The BS2500+BL2500 combo will probably be the most valuable of these, followed by the BV1 (by far?).

-mika

• 02-24-2009 10:05 AM In reply to

I'm happy that we have women here who like B&O Smile

And I'm really hope that you will keep your B&O!

when your Black Label begin to taste like juice just take shot or two of Absinthe and after that quench with some vodka, if you still feel juice like take beer with grappa !

• 02-24-2009 6:54 PM In reply to

the tvs are probably not even worth $500 each (Australian) and a system the same as yours recently sold here for $950. I guess it depends where you are and what the local market for B&O is like. The items are probably a bit large to ship.

Good luck selling them, but try to resist.....

I say KEEP THEM!!!! Stick out tongue

My B&O: 2009 Catalogue and Pricelist

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)