in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 09-20-2011 6:20 AM by joeyboygolf. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-22-2009 10:38 AM

• kelmek
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 02-22-2009
    • Posts 2
    • Bronze Member

Hmm [^o)] Beosound 9000 - CD Error 2

Hi Guys,

First post in here - but been reading a lot the last days :o)

We have a beosound 9000 type 2565 where the cds doesn't spin.  Sometimes it tries to spin, but only moves a fraction of a full round. Most times it just makes a knocking noise (not loud), like the laser knocking against the disc. Focus problem?

What I've tried (after reading other posts in here - thanks Big Smile )

- Making sure that the 2 screws on the back are aligned correctly (its on a vertical stand)

- Tried to mount horisontally and flat on a table

- Looking and clearing the CD naming list (few entries anyway)

- Running testmode 27, and recieving a cd error 2 (laser error?)

- Cleaning the laser (with the help of test mode 65)

Funny thing is, that if insert a _blank_ cdr, the cd player starts spinning (anti-clockwise), like its looking for data on disk. but if I then burn some music on the excact same disc, the cd player doesnt spin at all.

Now Im out of ideas - whats next step? Could someone tell me what the cd err 2 means excatly?

Really looking forward to your good ideas :o)

Thanks,

Jakob

• 02-22-2009 11:25 AM In reply to

Re: Beosound 9000 - CD Error 2

CD error 2 =Focus error;It has not been possible to find focus.

I assume that you have tried it with originals rather than CD-r?

How did you clean the laser lens 'cos those cleaning discs don't always work. Better to lift the lid on the cd mech and use a cotton wool bud.

At this stage, if it were mine, I would be starting to consider a replacement cd mechanism. Although I have never yet had to change one, rumour has it that they are not very long lived.

Regards Graham

• 02-22-2009 7:19 PM In reply to

• kelmek
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 02-22-2009
    • Posts 2
    • Bronze Member

Hi again,

Yes, of course originals have been tried as well, but no discs containing music will spin.

I cleaned the laser using a cotton swab, so no cleaning discs here :o)

Yeah, the cd mech could be the way to go, but I just want to be absolutely sure that it's not software or something like that, before I change a cd mech that costs a lot of money

/Jakob

• 03-28-2009 7:12 PM In reply to

Greetings all,

I am having the exact same problem with my MKII, and I'm convinced that I need a new CD mech.

Are there any resources out there that are less expensive here in the USA (willing to purchase abroad also)?

I'm a do-it-yourselfer, so I'm confident that I can do the exchange.

Any thoughts out there? Anybody out there with a spare one?

Thanks in advance

• 09-20-2011 12:07 AM In reply to

Hi

I also have the same problem. Mine is type 2561,is it MK2?  If so,just like to know what model is the CD mech?   Is it 1205?  

Thank you.

• 09-20-2011 4:10 AM In reply to

• EdouardG
    • Top 200 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-21-2007
    • Toulouse, France
    • Posts 339
    • Gold Member

Hi Jakob,

I had exactly the same problem 3 years ago.

As my BS9000 mk3 was still under warranty I brought it to my B&O dealer, and they changed the cd system then everything worked fine...

Hope your issue can be fixed another way, but I'm afraid you'll have to replace the cd kit.

Good luck

E d o u a r d  G

• Beovision 10-40 Orange MkII / Motorised stand / DVB HD T2/C MkIII
    • Beolab 5 Black
    • Beosound 8 Black
    • Beocom 2 MkII (Polished Alu)
    • Earset 2
    • Earset 3i
    • Form 2 Black
    • Beotime (Alarm Clock)
    • Keyring
    • Beo 6 / Wall charger
    • Beo 4  

°°°°°°°  2nd Prize Draw Winner - November '11 / Beolab 3000 N.O.S  °°°°°°°
  • 09-20-2011 6:20 AM In reply to

Since I last posted on this subject I have replaced a number of BS9000 CD mechs.

B&O do several kits which are each specific to the serial number of the actual 9000 involved.

The kits will upgrade and convert any 9000 to the same spec as the MkIII model.

Make sure that you quote the serial number of the faulty 9000 so that you end up with the correct kit.

I have not bought one for some time so I cannot comment on current price beyond £150-£200ish!

I do believe (not sure though) that the new CD mech is a modified VAM1205 but the kit also includes additional mounting hardware and B&O specific electronics (servo board, ribbon cables etc) to enable use of the later CD mechanism.

AFAIK it is not possible to source the parts elsewhere, such as Internet sellers in the Far East. I'm sure I would have heard, if it was!

Regards Graham

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)