in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 02-26-2009 6:10 PM by TripEnglish. 95 replies.
Page 2 of 4 (96 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-22-2009 9:35 AM In reply to

Re: Loewe commercial

I guess we all look for different things with the products we buy. If people choose to buy into Loewe then enjoy it, and good luck to you. For me, a Loewe product doesn't do anything at all. I couldn't possibly put one among the B&O products in my linked setup throughout the home as it would look out of place, and that's a fact - at least for me. Why would I buy into the B&O concept in the first place to then add a third-party product to the setup? It doesn't make any sense at all to me.

Its not about finances either. I'd sooner buy a second hand Avant that would be cheaper than a brand new Loewe to keep it B&O but then that is just me, how I buy, why I buy, the creativity and imagination I look for and desire and 'what' floats my boat.

Clearly with the points mentioned, (Loewe drafting in ex B&O emloyees and remotes that look remarkably similar to B&O) they are aspiring to be something better - B&O I suggest, who do, remain at the top of the tree.

Simon.

• 02-22-2009 9:49 AM In reply to

• ChrDH
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Denmark
    • Posts 493
    • Founder

I think Loewe is getting some of B&O marketshare, faster product development and slightly lower price. My aunt and uncle had a Beovision L5500 and the rest of the house filled with beolink, but when the old Beovision broke down, they wanted something 40 inch LCD and a Harddiskrecorder but operated with only one remote, but not costing above 4.000 pound sterlink. Only Loewe could offer that, the beovision -40 is not here yet and would still be too expensive...

Sure, it will depreciate faster, but that is not an issue as they'll probably not replace it for the next 20 years

Look out, B&O.... you are loosing your regular-income costumers...

best regards

Christian

Beosound Ouverture, Beocenter 9000, Beovision MX6000, Beocord VX7000
  • 02-22-2009 9:58 AM In reply to

• Dave
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Brisbane, Australia
    • Posts 2,328
    • Bronze Member

ChrDH:

I think Loewe is getting some of B&O marketshare, faster product development and slightly lower price. My aunt and uncle had a Beovision L5500 and the rest of the house filled with beolink, but when the old Beovision broke down, they wanted something 40 inch LCD and a Harddiskrecorder but operated with only one remote, but not costing above 4.000 pound sterlink. Only Loewe could offer that, the beovision -40 is not here yet and would still be too expensive...

Sure, it will depreciate faster, but that is not an issue as they'll probably not replace it for the next 20 years

Look out, B&O.... you are loosing your regular-income costumers...

best regards

Christian

Indeed, a very valid point. We need to see some changes within B&O, they seriously need to get their asses into gear with their LCD products and catch up with the demands of consumers today, or they may well continue to loose their customers to these other options. Sad

Unfortuntatly, Simon's viewpoint is not a common one. I agree with him personally, along with a number of people on this forum, but we ("i'd prefer to buy an old AVANT instead of that") are a minority.            

All agree there?

“Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of intelligent effort.”

Your health and well-being comes first and fore-most.

• 02-22-2009 10:21 AM In reply to

• Puncher
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-27-2007
    • Nr. Durham, NE England.
    • Posts 9,588
    • Founder

The_Beonic_Man:

Why would I buy into the B&O concept in the first place to then add a third-party product to the setup? It doesn't make any sense at all to me.

Its not about finances either. I'd sooner buy a second hand Avant that would be cheaper than a brand new Loewe to keep it B&O but then that is just me, how I buy, why I buy, the creativity and imagination I look for and desire and 'what' floats my boat.

Simon.

If however you need or want

-  LCD size = 52"
    - built-in HD recorder incl EPG ( I record TV broadcast much more often than I watch DVD)
    - double tuner incl real PIP and PAP
    - built-in DVB-T, DVB-S and DVB-C tuner
    - built-in digital radio receiver
    - built-in media player
    - 100 Hz technology (for over one year already)

Then B&O aren't even at the party!

All credit to Loewe for making significant inroads, it shows it is possible and that B&O have been sitting on the backsides, content to offer what they want rather than what (some) folk are after. Having said that, things are apparently changing - let's hope so or they could be left well and truly behind.

Generally speaking, you aren't learning much if your lips are moving.

• 02-22-2009 10:40 AM In reply to

I am reading people's comments with much interest. I can't help but wonder what proprotion of B&O customers the BeoWorld forum makes up, as I can't believe that so few people (so it seems) share my views. Of course I can't and don't expect everyone to agree with some of the points I make but that surely implies that people here are not really buying into the B&O concept of more than one product in a linked system, which to me, underpins much of what B&O has always been about - along with innotive design matched with superior build quality to their competitors.

Did the Avant, the so called 'master TV of them all' have the same status in its early versions or only once it had been refined to perfection of a period of years? Why then, do you not give the same opportunity for product development to their current range of TVs?

If, as has been pointed out, the Loewe set offers more than a B&O one then I am curious to know why you waste time on a B&O forum? Surely it would be more to your benefit to follow the pursuits and developments of Loewe products on their forums? I also ask these same people why they buy other B&O products? I am not questioning those decisions, rather trying to understand what it is they look for in them and wht differentiates them to competitors? If it is some (if not all) of the points I have mentioned in previous posts then why are you not satisifed to pay the price for the product? If you want more from the product, then you must pay more for it, because you are paying for a premium brand name. B&O will deliver the TVs with all the functionaility that you want soon I am sure, and you'll be paying a price, so why not wait? One poster suggested price was not the issue, if this is the case, pray tell me how and why you still chose a Loewe set over a BeoVision 9?

I am left perplexed by some of the posts in this thread.

Simon.

I find myself perplxed.

• 02-22-2009 10:44 AM In reply to

Ooops! I seem to be double perplexed!

I think we should start a thread again about why people buy (or don't buy) into B&O in THIS day and age, because it does seem as Dave suggested that I am in a minority, although I wonder if this is the case only on this forum compared to the B&O worldwide customer base. I do understand that people buy B&O for all sorts of reasons but perhaps I have assumed (wrongly) that many were tempted more so by the design and integration aspects rather than connectivity and upgradeability.

Simon. 

• 02-22-2009 10:51 AM In reply to

One more point... it is worth mentioning in B&O's history, illustrated through shops, brochurs, magazine and advertisements, that the company has always promoted its products as furniture, from an interior design/decor perspective. They have rarely (if ever) stated or attempted to make the best performing products, along with up to date and future proof connections. So, again, I question that people want B&O to be something that it has never been, and probably never will be.

Anyway, my thoughts only.

Simon.   

• 02-22-2009 11:00 AM In reply to

• Affineur
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-27-2008
    • United States
    • Posts 90
    • Bronze Member

TripEnglish:

Is it supposed to imply that Loewes need constant adjustment? Maybe I'm not getting it. 

The way I interpreted the message is that, since at the beginning you do not know that the view is of a televison panel, you are in a concert hall having a great audio/visual experience. Then the singers are being controlled according to both the preference of the listener/viewer (off key soprano) and as a result of the entrance on stage of additional singers (bass section). The points, once it is reavealled that you are looking at a Loewe system, are primary:

1. that you will have a concert hall experience

2. that the experience is so real that it is as if you can control the singers (e.g. the "balance" action portion) both audibly... and visually

quite creative.

The final shot tries to communicate the design approach. There is enough appeal to design-centric types that they may go take a look. True A/V nuts are not the target audience. I think that they are after the "in between" consumer who wants some design (finally) but one who is not willing (or able) to step up to the B&O level (in terms of design, integration, and materials anyway).

Seek simplicity and distrust it. Alfred North Whitehead
  • 02-22-2009 11:26 AM In reply to

• Affineur
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-27-2008
    • United States
    • Posts 90
    • Bronze Member

The_Beonic_Man:

I am reading people's comments with much interest. I can't help but wonder what proprotion of B&O customers the BeoWorld forum makes up, as I can't believe that so few people (so it seems) share my views. Of course I can't and don't expect everyone to agree with some of the points I make but that surely implies that people here are not really buying into the B&O concept of more than one product in a linked system, which to me, underpins much of what B&O has always been about - along with innotive design matched with superior build quality to their competitors.

Did the Avant, the so called 'master TV of them all' have the same status in its early versions or only once it had been refined to perfection of a period of years? Why then, do you not give the same opportunity for product development to their current range of TVs?

If, as has been pointed out, the Loewe set offers more than a B&O one then I am curious to know why you waste time on a B&O forum? Surely it would be more to your benefit to follow the pursuits and developments of Loewe products on their forums? I also ask these same people why they buy other B&O products? I am not questioning those decisions, rather trying to understand what it is they look for in them and wht differentiates them to competitors? If it is some (if not all) of the points I have mentioned in previous posts then why are you not satisifed to pay the price for the product? If you want more from the product, then you must pay more for it, because you are paying for a premium brand name. B&O will deliver the TVs with all the functionaility that you want soon I am sure, and you'll be paying a price, so why not wait? One poster suggested price was not the issue, if this is the case, pray tell me how and why you still chose a Loewe set over a BeoVision 9?

I am left perplexed by some of the posts in this thread.

Simon.

I find myself perplxed.

Simon,

I am like you and I think there are many others on this forum as well. I buy only B&O and all of the primary systems are "pure". The exceptions are in the peripherals (for me Apple TV, Tivo, etc) where B&O either do not have a product or it is rumored but not yet out.

I do alot of high-end remodeling of 60's-70's condominiums and townhouses in western US mountain resorts and include B&O systems in each project. I have completed 16 projects since 2003 each with a "pure" B&O A/V system thoughout (living, dining, kitchen, bedrooms). Without exception the B&O integration and the cache that goes with the name play important roles in the eventual sale. I have many collegues in this business that do not use B&O (they use other high-end AV stuff) and they find that about 75% of the time they need to essentially remove the entire system to sell the product. My experience is the opposite and I think this is because of the quaility, integration, and the impressive audio from the speakers make the B&O installations a real selling point. Price is important but I liken the B&O sale to that of a Leica M8: can you buy a camera body (video panel/audio head) with the same (or better) specs for less.... yes. Does the company offer a range of lenses (speakers) of such impeccable quality and design.... no. It is the system that makes the product what it is.

It is, however, healthy to debate with those who see faults in the B&O experience and I, for one, enjoy reading and engaging in such discourse.

• 02-22-2009 11:39 AM In reply to

The_Beonic_Man:

Simon, let me answer some of your questions from my perspective:

• I still visit the B&O forum because I am an interested person who owns quite some B&O gear except for a TV. And by giving my critical opinion I clearly show that I care for B&O. Believe me, it's not the people that sit there complacently that bring progress to products. By the way, I also visit the Loewe forum.
    • I buy other B&O products because they deliver on what I expect and because of the design. A BV7 is not of such iconic design that it would outshine every other TV. The BV9 is a whole different story, also pricewise. A BV7 and a Loewe IC52 are priced almost identical if you add a motorized stand and some quality speakers to it. But you get a lot more and many of the technical features cannot have had with the BV7, even if someone was willing to pay the premium price. That's the core of my complaint. Of course, if integration is your main concern then you are stuck with B&O and its sometimes mediocre products.
    • How much longer should I wait until B&O (maybe) releases a competitive product? Do you want me to look at the sky while waiting for the never-ever day to come? Why wait if a perfect product is already available?

Obvisously, I am not the only person who thinks B&O is not delivering. The BV7 sales numbers speak for themselves.

I hope I was able to shed some light and you are less perplexed now.

René

• 02-22-2009 12:22 PM In reply to

• KibitoCH
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 02-19-2009
    • Switzerland
    • Posts 82
    • Bronze Member

Hmm, I don't like the design, it look's like a badly done B&O. The Multiroom thing worries me a little. This is a core strenght of B&O, wich is reverse compatible many many years.. and will be in the future. Here you can't tell what will happen. They might upgrade it in the futur and your screw'd if you buy a new product or wan't to upgrade your's in the futur. Maybe they even drop it completly after 3 years because it doesen't sell well enough. Unsure

I like two way communication though. Even though it probably won't be usable anymore in the futur as said above.

Do you have to aim with Löwe Remote's?

Can they control STB's?

• 02-22-2009 12:48 PM In reply to

• moxxey
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-14-2007
    • South West, UK
    • Posts 2,360
    • Bronze Member

The_Beonic_Man:

I find myself perplxed.

You can easily mix and match products Simon. When you only buy one brand, it can appear a tad freaky. Kind of like walking around town with clothes from one brand. Life isn't centered around working out how to buy and integrate new B&O kit or spending ever other day down the B&O store, as if it's the local library.

I don't really see the value in someone questioning why an existing/previous B&O customer is considering a Loewe TV on a B&O forum. That's like saying you can't discuss another brand whilst standing in an Armani store. Daft and narrow minded.

• 02-22-2009 12:54 PM In reply to

• moxxey
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-14-2007
    • South West, UK
    • Posts 2,360
    • Bronze Member

schatzoy:

Obvisously, I am not the only person who thinks B&O is not delivering. The BV7 sales numbers speak for themselves.

Are you sure about that? I was told a while back that the BV7 is their best-selling product?

I was impressed with that Loewe TV when I saw it at 'Audience' in Bath. Impressive picture. Much better than my BV7-40, unfortunately. It's well made, too.

• 02-22-2009 12:55 PM In reply to

While I agree with Simon & Affineur that Bang & Olufsen is simply a better product for Our Audience, I give tremendous credit to Loewe for making a product with character. I continue to argue that raw numbers are objectively irrelevant and that the true audience for performance specs is smaller even than B&O's! What matters to most consumers from every rung of the ladder are the features, usability, and beauty, and few brands have gone to any lengths whatsoever to develop good "ecosystems" for products that will eventually live connected and to develop the product's physical beauty the way, for example, that car manufacturers have. If it wasn't for Loewe and Bang & Olufsen, every TV on the market would look like a Chrysler Reliant K!

So I think that pitting Bang & Olufsen against Loewe and vice versa misses the real point, that they are automatic allies against the unimaginative Sonys & Samsungs of the world that show no evidence of passion or, in some cases, even competence. Both companies fortunes will ebb and flow, but I'm happy to have Loewe out there in the world making the case for well considered electronic purchases instead of "hamster wheel consumerism." I would welcome them back to the US market any day! 

There is scarcely anything in this world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little more cheaply. The person who buys on price alone is this man's lawful prey. - John Ruskin

• 02-22-2009 1:06 PM In reply to

• Clakke
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-01-2009
    • Sweden
    • Posts 108
    • Bronze Member

Puncher:

The_Beonic_Man:

Why would I buy into the B&O concept in the first place to then add a third-party product to the setup? It doesn't make any sense at all to me.

Simon.

If however you need or want

-  LCD size = 52"
    - built-in HD recorder incl EPG ( I record TV broadcast much more often than I watch DVD)
    - double tuner incl real PIP and PAP
    - built-in DVB-T, DVB-S and DVB-C tuner
    - built-in digital radio receiver
    - built-in media player
    - 100 Hz technology (for over one year already)

Then B&O aren't even at the party!

All credit to Loewe for making significant inroads, it shows it is possible and that B&O have been sitting on the backsides, content to offer what they want rather than what (some) folk are after. Having said that, things are apparently changing - let's hope so or they could be left well and truly behind.

Hi

Since I have just bought sound from B&O and picture from Loewe, I think I will open my mouth Smile

First, I think the commercial was very good and funny. Both me and my wife looked at it and smiled.

Second, Puncher are spot on here. In our case, it was maybe not all of the features we needed, but some of them (specially the media player). B&O has almost nothing in the area concerning digital media for TVs.

Third, since I have a Beo 4, a Philps Prestigo and a Loewe remote, I can not be quiet. We certainly feel that the Loewe remote is extremely good and easy to handle, so is the Prestigo. Beo 4 on the other hand is just good looking, as a remote it is not in parity with B&Os fine equipment. The user interface is simply not logical.

Last, what kind of integration with Beovisions is it so many talks about on this forum? I have never really understood that part. I suppose it can not refer to analogue RF linking to a second TV?

B R

Clakke

• 02-22-2009 1:25 PM In reply to

Clakke:

Beo 4 on the other hand is just good looking, as a remote it is not in parity with B&Os fine equipment. The user interface is simply not logical.

B R

Clakke

....here comes trouble! Big Smile

-Andreas

BLab5, BLab5000, BLab8000, BV10, BS9000, BS3, Beo5, Beo4, BLink1000, BLink5000, BLink7000, A2, A8, Form2

• 02-22-2009 1:33 PM In reply to

• Clakke
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-01-2009
    • Sweden
    • Posts 108
    • Bronze Member

bayerische:

Clakke:

Beo 4 on the other hand is just good looking, as a remote it is not in parity with B&Os fine equipment. The user interface is simply not logical.

B R

Clakke

....here comes trouble! Big Smile

Big Smile

• 02-22-2009 1:42 PM In reply to

• Affineur
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-27-2008
    • United States
    • Posts 90
    • Bronze Member

TripEnglish:

While I agree with Simon & Affineur that Bang & Olufsen is simply a better product for Our Audience, I give tremendous credit to Loewe for making a product with character. I continue to argue that raw numbers are objectively irrelevant and that the true audience for performance specs is smaller even than B&O's! What matters to most consumers from every rung of the ladder are the features, usability, and beauty, and few brands have gone to any lengths whatsoever to develop good "ecosystems" for products that will eventually live connected and to develop the product's physical beauty the way, for example, that car manufacturers have. If it wasn't for Loewe and Bang & Olufsen, every TV on the market would look like a Chrysler Reliant K!

So I think that pitting Bang & Olufsen against Loewe and vice versa misses the real point, that they are automatic allies against the unimaginative Sonys & Samsungs of the world that show no evidence of passion or, in some cases, even competence. Both companies fortunes will ebb and flow, but I'm happy to have Loewe out there in the world making the case for well considered electronic purchases instead of "hamster wheel consumerism." I would welcome them back to the US market any day! 

I too would welcome Loewe back to the US, particularly if they brought in their entire line. The product offering would help serve as a "stepping stone" for future B&O clients and help demonstrate the advantages of good design. I shant hold my breath however, as the US consumer priority list distribution is highly skewed away from sophisticated design. Perhaps things will change as the baby boomers end their domination of the market. Demographic studies have recently shown that GEN X-Y are much more aware of and respectful of design as well as willing to pay for it. Hopefully the current economic situation does not put a damper on such attributes.

• 02-22-2009 2:11 PM In reply to

• Spiros
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 09-03-2007
    • Thessaloniki GREECE
    • Posts 1,088
    • Gold Member

I would rather put it this way.

I'm a B&O collector since many years and updating every singe day! I enjoy all my products as much as I can in a fully linked house and office (but still enjoy the stand alones as well).

I can only tell that Loewe is progressing fast and I'm sure that thier quality will be better over the years heading directly to B&O customers (with a high competition rate).

Being asked if I would switch? The answer is definetely NO. I'll put in another phrase. You are with your wife for many years. She is getting old but still she is the one you got in love and enjoyed many years of hapiness. Would you go for a younger one? (That obvisouly is looking after your money!). I woudn't although the younger one could give you some short of enjoy but not eternal love!

Best regards

Spiros

• 02-22-2009 3:17 PM In reply to

I have had B&O for many years. My first tv was a MX4000, witch was replaced by a Avant 28". 2 great tv`sYes -  thumbs up Then i bought a BV7-32", lot of problems with the dvdplayer, switch its over to a BV4-50" with BS3. I have now sold my BV4 and the plan was to buy a BV7-40" with BluRay player in april. But i`m in doubt Confused

The BV7-40" mkIV will cost over the dubbel of a Loewe Art, witch also have a inbuilt HD recorder (but not a BD player). I`m thinking of buying a Loewe Art on a floor stand a-la BV7. Nice design, great picture (better than BV7), newer technoligy but not as good a remote as Beo4. I dont youse beolink and my BL5 are not connected to my television, so i cant see myself pay 12700 euros for a BV7, when i can get a bigger (42") Loewe, whit newer technology and better picture for 5200 euros.

That acctorly make me a bit sad, because i was willing to pay the money for the BV7, if it was upto date and had a great picture. But when B&O are sleeping and wont keep up with the technoligy, i dont see my self buying there tv`s.

This is the loewe i`m talking about.

http://www.loewe-int.de/en/products/loewe-art/sl.html

Take the BV7-32", i belive that i is the only flat screen tv on the marked without any HDMI indputs, and its 4-5 years old. B&O have had plenty of time to update the lcd panel, but are sleeping Super Angry 

• 02-22-2009 5:50 PM In reply to

PierreR:

I have had B&O for many years. My first tv was a MX4000, witch was replaced by a Avant 28". 2 great tv`sYes -  thumbs up Then i bought a BV7-32", lot of problems with the dvdplayer, switch its over to a BV4-50" with BS3. I have now sold my BV4 and the plan was to buy a BV7-40" with BluRay player in april. But i`m in doubt Confused

The BV7-40" mkIV will cost over the dubbel of a Loewe Art, witch also have a inbuilt HD recorder (but not a BD player). I`m thinking of buying a Loewe Art on a floor stand a-la BV7. Nice design, great picture (better than BV7), newer technoligy but not as good a remote as Beo4. I dont youse beolink and my BL5 are not connected to my television, so i cant see myself pay 12700 euros for a BV7, when i can get a bigger (42") Loewe, whit newer technology and better picture for 5200 euros.

That acctorly make me a bit sad, because i was willing to pay the money for the BV7, if it was upto date and had a great picture. But when B&O are sleeping and wont keep up with the technoligy, i dont see my self buying there tv`s.

This is the loewe i`m talking about.

http://www.loewe-int.de/en/products/loewe-art/sl.html

Take the BV7-32", i belive that i is the only flat screen tv on the marked without any HDMI indputs, and its 4-5 years old. B&O have had plenty of time to update the lcd panel, but are sleeping Super Angry 

You make some valid points Pierre and in your case and many others it seems that Loewe is taking away some of the customers from B&O, which is fair enough. Clearly B&O doesn't live up to your expectations on the TV front so you are looking elsewhere for something that does. B&O does meet my requirements because I buy into the design over functionaility. Of course it would be good if the picture quality was as good as the Loewe sets but the picture I get is fine for me anyway so I have no complaints. I am sure you will enjoy your purchase and thats the main thing. I am not out to convince people to buy B&O, I only need to convince myself, that's all that matters.

What I have always liked and bought into with B&O is that they break away from whatever everybody else does. There isn't a TV out there that resembles a BV7, at least not with the built in DVD player designed the way it is and the hanging speaker underneath (the set up I chose) so for someone like me, who wants to make a design statement and create a unique look and experience in my home, you begin to understand why Loewe could never work. The TVs do not make any kind of statement. You still need to use seperates and the stands they make for them look the same as stands in typical audio/visual shops. If there was anyone doing what B&O does then I would consider it, of course, but there isn't, which is why I always harp on that B&O are in a league of their own because they really are as I see it. I acknowledge B&O's failings such as the BeoSound 6 and mobile phones (to an extent) for example, but I cannot class any of their TV range as failures but then remember, I always go for design first, whereas it is becoming very clear now that many forum users here go for picture quality first. That is the main difference between us.

For me, its B&O all the way with no in betweens.  Anyway, its been really good to view and contribute to this thread.  

• 02-22-2009 7:48 PM In reply to

I think one of the main issues brought out in this thread is the 'value for money' concept. It seems there are people here who stand by B&O no matter what, and that there are others who have B&O as their first preference. It is this second lot that B&O risk losing as customers.

I'm one of the Avant owners who think it's the Ducks Nuts. I frequently visit my B&O store wanting to upgrade my tv, but when I get there I just can't make myself do it. Why not? you ask... Simple. I just cannot justify spending thousands of dollars for something that isn't exponentially better than my Avant. In saying that, I cannot justify spending a couple of grand to by the latest plasma/lcd either because of their lack of design. I'd rather be able to have my cake and eat it too. Good design and a decent level of up to date technology will get my $$, I hope B&O are the first to do it.

2c

My B&O: 2009 Catalogue and Pricelist

• 02-22-2009 11:29 PM In reply to

• kawo
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Posts 516
    • Founder

From my point of view the success of Loewe in the TV space is  the best what could happen to B&O:

It is the real life wake up call!!!

Not sure, but I think that the first time that a real competior shows up and takes away customers with the potential to grow fast. Now inovation, product strategy and pricing must be set the in the right way with the push from a competior and economic crisis to let B&O survive.

Karsten

BV4-50, Beosystem 3, Beolab 5, Beolab 3, BV3-32, BV1, BS9000, Beolab 4, Beolab 2000, Beo4 Cinema

• 02-23-2009 4:52 AM In reply to

surely the picture quality comes first bang and olufsen have always had a great picture

if your paying 9k you surely expect the best

if its furniture design that comes first you can lose respect for a serious av manufacturer (dvd 2 springs to mind)

its picture sound materials all in one package

anyone can buy a rose cainet and house a samsung tv

also bno have always been a serious hifi maker the biggest specialist in the world and 3rd largest speaker manufacturer at present so they must do something right

anyway why cant we talk about other brands like leowe if there disirable so be it, you might buy a leowe tv but still buy a bno  hifi

• 02-23-2009 8:02 AM In reply to

I considered Loewe TVs before buying my BC6. I thought they were pretty good - certainly much better than the mainstream in terms of finish and styling but still not as good as B&O IMO. Technical options are better but either manufacturer's product is likely to be out of date in a couple of years.

In the end I went B&O because I thought it worth paying a bit more for the extra quality and did not think the specification gain was that significant for my needs. I thought there was better service/sales support for B&O at present too.

I saw an item a little while back where the CEO of Loewe was interviewed. He said that he saw the company exploiting the big gap in the market between mainstream black boxes and high style design. He said B&O had proved there was a place for this in the market and that they plan to grow by targeting the same design-aware consumers.

It was very clear that Loewe sees B&O as the competition, not Panasonic/Sony. But surely competition in attractive TV manufacture is good for everyone - consumer, B&O and Loewe.

Page 2 of 4 (96 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 Next >