in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 02-26-2009 6:10 PM by TripEnglish. 95 replies.
Page 1 of 4 (96 items) 1 2 3 4 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-21-2009 7:44 AM

Loewe commercial

Loewe is taking on B&O at the core... The sound of their televisions... I haven't heard a Loewe TV yet... But this commercial is brilliant!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dq_SJ7CtnZI

Karel

The race for quality has no finish line- so technically, it's more like a death march.

• 02-21-2009 7:48 AM In reply to

Re: Loewe commercial

Karel,

I absolutely love the look of that TV. Don't care for the speakers, but the TV is indeed a beautiful creation. So clean. 

-Andreas

BLab5, BLab5000, BLab8000, BV10, BS9000, BS3, Beo5, Beo4, BLink1000, BLink5000, BLink7000, A2, A8, Form2

• 02-21-2009 7:56 AM In reply to

• Puncher
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-27-2007
    • Nr. Durham, NE England.
    • Posts 9,588
    • Founder

It's certainly the best looker of the Loewe range, I don't care for any of the others (the "blob" on the bottom edge is also an annoying distraction and spoils the clean lines).

Great advert though, I'm sure it will raise brand awareness and interest in the product, although I don't fancy their chances of taking on B&O on an audio frontWink

Generally speaking, you aren't learning much if your lips are moving.

• 02-21-2009 9:48 AM In reply to

• Spiros
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 09-03-2007
    • Thessaloniki GREECE
    • Posts 1,088
    • Gold Member

And I can say that they are progressing concerning multilink options too

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GnudKZlgXjI&feature=related

From what I heard, from their media center, three rooms can hear three individual sound sources.

But still love my B&O and solved this with all my 70s-90s music centers!!! I only use the link just for SAT and N. music

Best regards

Spiros

• 02-21-2009 10:05 AM In reply to

• Spiros
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 09-03-2007
    • Thessaloniki GREECE
    • Posts 1,088
    • Gold Member

And also, if I understood well there is a 2-way remote giving all info on what is playing!!!!

What everybody actually expected from Beo5

Best regards

Spiros

• 02-21-2009 10:52 AM In reply to

Yes -  thumbs up

Really nice commercial !

BTW, TV looks great ! but one thing is missing .......

B&O   LOGO  Wink

when your Black Label begin to taste like juice just take shot or two of Absinthe and after that quench with some vodka, if you still feel juice like take beer with grappa !

• 02-21-2009 11:03 AM In reply to

Great commercial, funny thing though... if you read the youtube comments from the viewers, there is absolutely no mention about the product itself as being good or bad. 

The TV & Speakers at the end offer nothing new design wise, never been too impressed with Loewe when it was offerd here in the US, but I do like the commercial.

Roger

• 02-21-2009 12:11 PM In reply to

• saf
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Posts 458
    • Founder

Reminds me quite a bit about the good old commercials for a high resolution screen trying to convince the viewers about its superiority while demonstrating it on the viewers', well, standard resolution screen (?!)

... laughable - and the design is cheap as is the commercial - sorry, Loewe

• 02-21-2009 12:27 PM In reply to

Esxcellent. Loewe is making really nice products today and can compete in the B&O field.

Guy

--= "Everything gets done with Patience" =-- --= "Less is More" - Mies Van der Rohe"

--= BV10 46", BL8K, BL4K, BL2, BS Ouverture, BC6000 (Mk3), BT1100, Beo4 , A8 and ...the Atomic Floyd "Airjax+Mic" earphones =--

• 02-21-2009 2:49 PM In reply to

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GnudKZlgXjI&feature=related

Ze german PR guys needs to take an accent reduction class I guess.

I can't judge the quality from over here in the US, however I staye din Hotels with Loewe and must say I liked the design much more the lets say Sony or Samsung. It's by far not on the level B&O hangs out but then they are much more successful and I think it can't hurt for B&O to take a look at that market segment that Loewe covers.

The BV8 I think is a very good example that they are trying ... I would love to hear how it is actually selling since it was mostly disliked here. It certainly has it's technology restrictions but the 40" should address that and it hopefully pays off.

Cheers

JK

BS9000, BS2300, BC2, BL2500, BL3, Bl2, BS1, BV8, BC4, A8

• 02-21-2009 3:21 PM In reply to

• Affineur
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-27-2008
    • United States
    • Posts 90
    • Bronze Member

Thanks Karel.

I watched it via Apple TV on a BV8 connected to BL3s.... great commercial and very transporatable across countries and cultures.

The last time Loewe was in the US (about 6-7 years ago) their television designs definitely stood out as superior to the design-challenged Sonys, etc. They still do. The price was always an issue with US consumers who tend to focus on size (x,y and thinness) per dollar and not design. B&O, of course, take this to another level with materials, design sophistication, integration, and price..... and therefore there is a very small market for the products. We do not expect Loewe back here in the US any time soon; we also hope that B&O do not give up either. One of the realities of globalization of markets is that after expansion, re-evaluation can lead to punctuated availibility across markets due to overhead inefficiencies (and therefore lost profit) with small markets (independent of the size of the population) in cultures not sufficiently "in-line" with the product ethos. I expect that the US is on the chopping block for B&O, perhaps rightly so given the lack of support by the populace.

Seek simplicity and distrust it. Alfred North Whitehead
  • 02-21-2009 3:26 PM In reply to

• Xseries
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Hampshire
    • Posts 433
    • Bronze Member

Have they taken the Avant's idea of closing off the screen with curtains - or is it just the advert that uses this feature?

Fun advert, not so sure about the product though.

Brian

• 02-21-2009 3:28 PM In reply to

• Craig
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-29-2007
    • Costa Del St Evenage
    • Posts 4,855
    • Founder

Great advert, not sure if I would buy one though. Looks better than other Loewe sets I have seen though.

CraigSmile

For millions of years, mankind lived just like the animals. Then something happened which unleashed the power of our imagination. We learned to talk and we learned to listen..

• 02-21-2009 6:27 PM In reply to

• ed7
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 12-06-2007
    • uk
    • Posts 297
    • Bronze Member

Excellent advert ,i like it ,do not think i will ever buy a loewe!!!

• 02-21-2009 6:59 PM In reply to

I love the advert! Absolutly superb, great imagination and thought must have gone into that. On the product side of things, I don't believe that Loewe comes anywhere near Bang and Olufsen, not even close. Loewe is great for what it is, and there is a market for it, its the market place for people who want to own B&O but for one reason or another can't just yet. It offers something in between; better than a mass produced run of the mill product but still way down from the very top of the tree where B&O sits. How could I possibly compare any B&O product, TV or otherwise to a Loewe product? Different designs, different materials, different build quality, different integration, different philosophy etc. I find their designs extremely uninteresting. Look at their remote for example, it is nothing like a Beo 4 remote apart from the 4 coloured buttons at the bottom which are suspect! There's nothing about it that yearns and cries out to be held and touched! Anyway, good luck to them, I am sure they will do quite well in their market but its an entirely different market to that of B&O.

Simon.

• 02-21-2009 10:46 PM In reply to

Is it supposed to imply that Loewes need constant adjustment? Maybe I'm not getting it. 

There is scarcely anything in this world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little more cheaply. The person who buys on price alone is this man's lawful prey. - John Ruskin

• 02-22-2009 1:26 AM In reply to

• kawo
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Posts 516
    • Founder

Funny advert, however, I agree with Trip, is this positive for Loewe? Until the end, I thought there is something wrong with the sound as the adjusted it in many directions and it got worse.....so I expected something like "this is your TV today, go with the new ABC one, and you get better than ever sound..."

Karsten

BV4-50, Beosystem 3, Beolab 5, Beolab 3, BV3-32, BV1, BS9000, Beolab 4, Beolab 2000, Beo4 Cinema

• 02-22-2009 3:50 AM In reply to

>>I expect that the US is on the chopping block for B&O, perhaps rightly so given the lack of support by the populace.>>

That is something I strongly hope will not happen. I just saw an online sales-add for a condo and it had a BV7 in it. You could not see it frontal, only from an angle but you could clearly make out the BL 7 underneath the screen.

Looking at how the place was furnished I felt "yes they reached their market".

If people pay 3000$ and more at DWR.com even though they can buy for 1000 at Ikea there should not be a reason why B&O US can not survive.

I think if they offer more products it should work, BV8 was a good start. It certainly made me pony to the store.

@ Trip and Russ, would love to hear your opinion since I observed the same with Loewe few years back

BS9000, BS2300, BC2, BL2500, BL3, Bl2, BS1, BV8, BC4, A8

• 02-22-2009 3:56 AM In reply to

I actually own the Loewe TV shown in that commercial. And let me tell you, it's that same arrogance some of the members demonstrate in this thread, that has driven B&O in it's present dire situation.

It's was not my financial capabilities that did not allow me to purchase a B&O TV, when all my other equipment is B&O, no, it's value for money and technical features that B&O won't even offer for money. Some examples:

- Loewe max LCD size = 52", B&O = 40"
    - built-in HD recorder incl EPG ( I record TV broadcast much more often than I watch DVD)
    - double tuner incl real PIP and PAP
    - built-in DVB-T, DVB-S and DVB-C tuner
    - built-in digital radio receiver
    - built-in media player
    - 100 Hz technology (for over one year already)

The materials used, all glass and aluminum, are on par with B&O except maybe for the backside of the TV. And picture quality we don't even need to discuss since it's widely known that the BV7 does not have the best picture quality if compared to other brands.

Actually, the Loewe is everything that a B&O TV should have been. I hope, that one fine day B&O will produce a TV that is as great as was the old Avant. Till then, no B&O TV will make it into my home.

René

• 02-22-2009 4:04 AM In reply to

It is a lovely set!  Its about time B&O had some competition, makes us consumers more happy! 

• 02-22-2009 4:16 AM In reply to

• ed7
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 12-06-2007
    • uk
    • Posts 297
    • Bronze Member

Schatzoy  technically speaking you are  correct B&O tvs shockingly lagging behind  in spec and that it the reason for their demise in -the recent years in tv sales specially bv7-32 their spec is a joke !!and the picture they offer Super Angry. for the money!!!

However loewe is definitely second best!! ,a copy of B&O design too!! (imho)

• 02-22-2009 4:40 AM In reply to

Ed, I have followed your experience with your BV7 MK I. I totally respect your opinion. Let's hope B&O will raise to its old strenghts again.

• 02-22-2009 5:02 AM In reply to

• kawo
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Posts 516
    • Founder

In regards to picture quality, a article in the German "AudioVision" from this year mentioned a picture quality not on the level of the competiors. However, features were a clear plus and definetly much better than the rest of show and a real usp.

For me useability is much more important than the last bit of picture quality. Here the Loewe scores quite high with no doubt. Good benchmark for B&O!

I heard roumors that Loewe will have their TV's with Powerlink sockets in the future...

BV4-50, Beosystem 3, Beolab 5, Beolab 3, BV3-32, BV1, BS9000, Beolab 4, Beolab 2000, Beo4 Cinema

• 02-22-2009 5:27 AM In reply to

LOEWE has a very ambitious expansion plan, with some solid long term funding, assisting them through the economic downturn. Their brand platform makes sense, accommodates all stages from Entry to Reference level.

They wooed the person responsible for B&O's B1 stores and gave him the task of heading their Gallery-Strategy, where they'll create reference gallery stores around the world; and they are appealing to many beleaguered B&O dealers to make the jump over to LOEWE, of course in all the most attractive locations. LOEWE's Harrod's store should be thought provoking to a B&O that has never understood what to do with its stores.

Here's LOEWE's February 2009 Investor Relations presentation (pdf): http://www.loewe-int.de/fileadmin/dataStorage/Loewe_Deutschland/de/Loewe_AG/investor_relations/Corporate_Events/Roadshows_IRPraesentation/IR_Feb2009_Druckversion.pdf

• 02-22-2009 6:13 AM In reply to

loewe remind me of microsoft , they just copy a superior original - badly

and their remote is utterly awful in every way , no match for the beo4 as simon said

i'm sure bno will get their act together soon then we'll see who's the top dog !

popgear is grate™

Page 1 of 4 (96 items) 1 2 3 4 Next >