in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 06-23-2009 6:00 PM by Stan. 9 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-21-2009 3:13 AM

• HVD
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 02-21-2009
    • Posts 33
    • Bronze Member

BeoSound 5 N RADIO setup

I just got my BS5, but I can't get my N RADIO working. I have loaded N MUSIC via BeoPlayer5.00 and it's working fine. I'm informed that you should program N RADIO via BP5.00, but I don't know how!

Anybody that can help me?

BS5/BM5, BL3, AVANT 32", BL8000

• 02-21-2009 4:36 AM In reply to

Re: BeoSound 5 N RADIO setup

HVD,

I'm currently listing to the BBC World Service in SE Asia. It's really great and clear.

The BeoPlayer 5.00 as far as I can ascertain has limited functionality in terms of programming the BS5. It's all done with the BS5 itself by pressing/holding the << >> Go and ring.

Are you currently and constantly connected to the internet?

Do you get the radio channel locked on? i.e. glows white text rather than grey?

Is there a local radio channel you usually listen to wherever you are - can you get that. One problem with N.Radio is that a lot of countries have the now mandatory layers of copy-right protection and regional listener protection. If your IP address is not of the same country as the radio station server, often you get nothing.

10%

• 02-21-2009 5:16 AM In reply to

• HVD
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 02-21-2009
    • Posts 33
    • Bronze Member

Mr. 10%

Thank you for your help - just what I needed. The <<>> Go and ring is working like a charm. Now I got all radiostations available.

It's to bad that B&O don't offer the installation guide with all these setup features, so you can set up the system your self.

Now I'm listining to all the nice available radio stations on the net.

HVD

• 02-21-2009 7:37 AM In reply to

• HVD
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 02-21-2009
    • Posts 33
    • Bronze Member

Hey All BS5/BM5 interested/owners

I would like to incurrage to post information about BS5 and BM5 setup and installation on this page, so that we all can help eachother.

HVD

• 02-25-2009 10:46 PM In reply to

I'm also living in Asia and I also have some problems with the N.Radio functions. I can find the radio stations the BM5/BS5 starts to download the music but all i get is a few seconds of sound every time.

It is as if the bandwidth is not enough to download enough for the radio music stations to actually start playing. Strangely enough i did not have this problem when i was using the BM1, then it worked like a charm.

Could there be anything in the setup i am missing ?? Also can you please explain exactly how i can use the "<< >> Go and ring" function as I do not understand what you mean.

Other than that I think 10%'s updates are excellent and very informative. Thanks a lot !!

• 02-26-2009 2:30 AM In reply to

• HVD
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 02-21-2009
    • Posts 33
    • Bronze Member

The  "<< >> Go and ring" function is for the first time you setup the system, after connecting to the internet you have to prees and hold the 3 buttons  "<< >> Go" and then move the ring to get the radio function working. It seem to me thats not the case for you, but it might be to slow internet connection? Have you tried different channels, since some have lower "kbps" and therefore might work on slower net? It sounds a bit wird with the BM1 though!

Hope it explained the function of  "<< >> Go and ring".

HVD

• 02-26-2009 2:50 AM In reply to

It is probably a function of slow internet.

To mitigate this somewhat, try adjusting the buffer time in N.Radio Config in Beoplayer.

10%

• 02-26-2009 3:16 AM In reply to

Guess you are right about internet connection. Just weird it worked with the BM1. Does anyone know whether the N.Radio function is the same in BM5 as in BM1 ?? (i assume it is but you never know....)

Thanks to both of you

• 06-23-2009 11:36 AM In reply to

• Stan
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Posts 593
    • Gold Member

This "<< >> GO" procedure is not working for me.  Is there a particular Mode that I'm supposed to be in.  How long do I need to hold the keys down - I've tried 10-20 secs, but nothing happens.  I just get a blank screen or a blank screen with "PAUSE" displayed.  I turn the wheel and nothing happens.  Is this "<< >> GO" thing documented anywhere?

I can access the N.Radio stations fine from BeoPlayer connected to the same network so I don't think it is a network problem.

Any ideas?  Maybe there's a new procedure with the newer software?

Thanks in advance,

Stan

• 06-23-2009 6:00 PM In reply to

• Stan
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Posts 593
    • Gold Member

Never mind...  Checked it after work today, and the N.radio stations are all there.

I think it was because my registration with BeoPlayer might have been incomplete.  I was having some weird networking errors on my BeoPlayer computer when I was at that point.  I'm guessing that it was my later installation of BeoConnect (and proper registration with no weird networking errors), activated the stations.  I did not have to press "<< >> GO" again... so maybe this is no longer required  (or it just took a very long time to respond to my earlier attempts).

I'm really liking this new machine Big SmileBig SmileBig Smile

Stan

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)