in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 11-21-2009 7:07 AM by Tony. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-20-2009 6:11 PM

• chr_elling
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 11-18-2008
    • Denmark, Gentofte
    • Posts 51
    • Bronze Member

Questions for the hard core knowlegde base: Beomaster 4500 s.w 2.1 versus 2.2 and DAB

I am about to buy a Beomaster 4500 with a software version 2.2 and Beogram CD 4500.

Beomaster 4500 is from 1994 and is the last version they made in that series.

I bought due its design and the fact that all BM4500 with s.w 2.1 and higher supports 2-way commucation which is a functionality I have a serious chrush on (also got the two way VX7000, the two way Beosystem 2300, several LC2s and a Beolink 5000).

I have Beolink 7000 which I want to control the system with. 

There are two LC2' in the room.

There are two new Beolab 4 (wife acceptance factor) which will provide the sound from the BM4500 setup.

There is also a "two way "MX4000 in the room.

Question 1: What is the difference in a Beomaster with s.w 2.1 compared to one with s.w 2.2 - what does the 2.2 do which the 2.1 does not? I know it is a very tricky techbicak niche questuin.

Question 2: Can I connect a DAB reciever to the BM4500 which can understand the esoteric world of my beloved, but unpractical batteryguzzling monster of an oversixed Beolink 7000 remote control (that I in love with the DAB module? If so - can you provide me with a link?

Thank you all with your help. If you can crack this nut I am indeed impressed!

Best regards

Christian

B&O old school link nerd

• 02-20-2009 6:37 PM In reply to

Re: Questions for the hard core knowlegde base: Beomaster 4500 s.w 2.1 versus 2.2 and DAB

The S/W differences are minor.
    The following modifications were made:
    1. The fault in the PLAY NEXT function has been corrected.
    2. Beomaster 4500 does not transmit IR status when option 0 mode is selected.

Unaware of a DAB receiver that will work with the 7000 though you could use a TV and an STB-C I suppose and obtain Freeview radio stations. MX7000 maybe?

• 02-21-2009 2:22 AM In reply to

• chr_elling
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 11-18-2008
    • Denmark, Gentofte
    • Posts 51
    • Bronze Member

Re: Questions for the hard core knowlegde base: Beomaster 4500 s.w 2.1 versus 2.2 and DAB

Yes -  thumbs upYou impress, me sir! I do wonder where one would get such kmowledge from.

How just one change the Beomaster into mode "0".  I pressume there is a mode where the Beomaster 4500 does transmit (a switch between "one-way" or "two-way" commmunicarion). Which other modes exists?

What was the fault in the "PLAY NEXT"-function?

I hoped that a softwar up grade would do more than correct some faults - maybe some new "magic" functions would come to the world. But maybe my expectations are too high.

Nevetheless, thank you so much for your quick answers. Maybe some body else have additional knowlegde (even though I am impressed that anybody could display such detailed knowledged as you have just done (pardon my English - I am Danish). I hope I am just reasonably understandable.

Best regards

Christian 

B&O old school link nerd

• 02-21-2009 5:30 AM In reply to

Most software changes are to correct small faults, most of which go unnoticed by most users. However there are big changes at times - usually they change the first number rather than the decimal.

Option setting is what the mode 0 refers to

Option 0 switches off the IR eye

Option 1 lets it receive audio commands

Option 2 allows it to receive both audio and viseo commands

Option 4 means one has to press LINK before each command

Option 5 is for when used in a link room with a TV also in the room

Option 6 is for link room use and allows both audio and video signals to be received.

The 4500 is actually slightly more complicated but this is in the manual.

To set Option 1 for instance, with the system in standby, use a Beolink 1000 and press Sound 1 Store.

• 11-21-2009 7:07 AM In reply to

• Tony
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 05-07-2009
    • Sweden
    • Posts 21
    • Gold Member

Hi,

I  have managed to "destroy" the IR-reciever (when I repaired a transistor in the power PCB) of my 4500.

The IR-recieverit works if I pull out the IR PCB from the system and aim carefully at the IR-diod.

Any Idea how to fix it?

I think I have checked the transistors, diods and capacitors properly.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)