in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 02-20-2009 11:20 AM by scott451. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-20-2009 10:11 AM

• claesson
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 08-25-2008
    • Zurich
    • Posts 5
    • Silver Member

Hmm [^o)] Link Options drive me nuts ;-)

Hi, before I start ripping out cabels and replacing ML Connection Boxes I'd like to see if you smart folks can cast some light on my ML option setting exercise.

First I thought that I had understood the basic concept of link options with "0" turning off the IR, "1" limiting the device to recognize it's own codes and "2" opening up the device to all other codes on the ML, etc., etc.    Hmmm, big mistake, I guess.

Here's the configuration (I'll spare you the respective PL speaker setup in each room). Three devices in three separate rooms, each approx. 15m apart and with 2-4 connection boxes in between:

- Bedroom: BeoCenter 1 (8510 w/ML); RADIO, TV, DVD
    - Livingroom: BeoSystem 3; TV, DTV
    - Kitchen: BeoPort; N.RADIO, N.MUSIC

My goal is to have at least RADIO, N.RADIO and N.MUSIC available in all rooms; everything else is limited to the room the respective device is in. Simple, right?!

The logic above and some examples found on BeoTech would indicate that the respective options should be:
     - BC1=2, BS3=2, BeoPort=6.
    With these settings I brought N.RADIO from the BeoPort to the other rooms - for about 20 min or until I turned something off and on again (can't recreate).  This makes me believe that the cabling is OK though.

The configurator which I downloaded from this site (the code is from 1992 - WOW!) suggests - depending on which rooms I define as link rooms:
     - BC1=2, BS3=6, BeoPort=6
    or
     - BC1=6, BS3=1, BeoPort=6.

Neither works. BTW, I have tried to be good by pulling all plugs and waiting for 15-30 min before powering everything up again.

What am I missing? Any help is very welcome!

Thank you very much. / Ulf

• 02-20-2009 10:17 AM In reply to

Re: Link Options drive me nuts ;-)

There is no Audio master in your setting so you need to set your Beoport as an audio master.

BS3=2, BC1=6, BP=2

P.

• 02-20-2009 10:36 AM In reply to

• Alex
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Bath & Cardiff, UK
    • Posts 2,990
    • Bronze Member

You can't have two video products in option 1 or 2 on the same link, just as you can't have two audio products in option 1 or 2 on the same link.

Options 1 and 2 make the product a master, and each link system can only have 1 audio master and 1 video master - everything else must then be in 'slave mode' such as option 4, 5 or 6.

If you set the system as PhilLondon says, it should all work fine.

Weekly top artists:                   

• 02-20-2009 11:20 AM In reply to

• scott451
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 05-22-2007
    • Paris, France
    • Posts 132
    • Founder

hi,

if you use the bp as an audio master you will lose the possibility to distribute the radio. i have a bc1 set up as audio master and distribute radio, n.radio, n.music, and cd (in the dvd player) with no problem. you need to set the bc1 as audio master (option 1). if you want to treat the bs3 and bp as link elements, then use option 6 for both of them.

which probably doesn't sound like much help...

remember that you can have a separate audio and video master. if you don't have the right infrastructure, you won't be able to distribute video, but make sure you define a video master anyway. try defining the bc1 as video master just to keep things simple.

once you have an audio and video master defined, disconnect everything from the mains and wait a little. then power up the bc1 and wait a little more. then power up the other devices. this may sound stupid, but my bp conflicts with my bc1 from time to time and this little procedure is the only thing that makes it go back to working.

good luck, and let us know how things go,

scott

Filed under: ,
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)