in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 03-25-2009 3:40 PM by Knubbi. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-20-2009 4:06 AM

Fast-Forward does not work in Front Row with Beo4

If I hold the Arrow-Right button, Front Row does start fast-forwarding the current track for a 1 second but then stumbles to the next track. Known bug?

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Ciao, Knubbi

Cheers, Knubbi -- Beovision 7-40 MK3, 2x Beolab 5, 2x Beolab 8000

Filed under:
  • 02-20-2009 3:16 PM In reply to

Re: Fast-Forward does not work in Front Row with Beo4

Yes, fast forwading never worked for me either but I dont care much as I have fast scrolling.

BS9000, BS2300, BC2, BL2500, BL3, Bl2, BS1, BV8, BC4, A8

• 02-22-2009 6:22 AM In reply to

• ndaniels
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 04-28-2007
    • Winchester
    • Posts 12
    • Founder

I too do not have FF working and wish I had. However I do not have fast scrolling working either. jk1002 how did you get fast scrolling going with a Beo4? I'd love to know.

• 02-22-2009 1:01 PM In reply to

They fixed that in one of the later Apple Remote STB releases. I know for sure that in the first attempt that they brought out it wasn't working.

You may need your software updated. 

I would though take a look first at the capability of the ATV to learn remote signals. If you find an existing STB/PUC hat fully supports the navigation cross and "exit" I would use that. Reason, you could add the "holding" the go button and fast forward and backward.

In fact, I would try and see if this could be done with the existing STB/PUC. Maybe it still sends some sort of IR signal out that thats just different from what the AATV understands.

JK

BS9000, BS2300, BC2, BL2500, BL3, Bl2, BS1, BV8, BC4, A8

• 02-27-2009 1:27 AM In reply to

JK, just to make sure: Fast-Forward works for video here but it does not work for music tracks here.

Can you confirm please that the updated STB handles both properly?

P.S.: Too bad that they did not yet addressed the essentially important StandBy issue.

• 03-25-2009 3:40 PM In reply to

Today, my dealer updated my BV 7-40 to the latest firmware.

Still a few problems exist with the integration of my MacBook Pro:

* I cannot put the Mac into Stby by any action. I tried different settings in the new BV menu Options -> Connections -> AV5 -> V.MEM -> Source -> V.MEM -> Apple Remote -> Standby Options , but any of offered options is putting the Mac into standby.

* With the original Mac remote control you can fast forward/rewind within a audio track in FrontRow by holding ArrowRight/-Left. When doing the same with Beo4, FrontRow however moves directly to the next/previous track. There is no chance to scan through a music track. Scanning through Video tracks work fine though.

Your help would be very much appreciated.

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)