in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 07-04-2009 2:13 AM by beogram4. 7 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-19-2009 4:41 PM

Double Click on Sony BDP

Hi,

I'm having a strange issue where after three attempts at different Sony BDP codes on my Beo5, i'm still required to double click buttons for them to have any affect.

Example is the DVD menu screen, to move left and right i have to click the left small arrow (centre of remote) twice for it to move once in that direction.

My Blu-Ray is the latest BDP-S550.I have the latest firmware on the Beo5 also, BS3 firmware was probably updated last in October last year.

I'm uncertain as to if it is the remote or possibly my BS3 that has the issue. I'm hoping to rule out the remote by taking it into my dealer and putting it into dealer mode to test. Failing that i'm a bit lost as to what to look at. My dealer has tested his own Beo 5 with my Blu-Ray player, which i took into the shop, however once i got it home and tried on my own, it requires two clicks. Once playing a movie, various buttons don't work, such as stop, however double clicking left and right will FFW and RWD and double clicking on Play will play, but i'm unable to stop/pause.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Beosystem 3, Beosound 4, Beolab 9, Beolab 3, Beolab 8000

• 02-20-2009 5:44 AM In reply to

Re: Double Click on Sony BDP

Hallo,

not sure if this is corrected in the actual PUC. There is an error with the value of NumSignalReps.

http://forum.beoworld.org/forums/t/20948.aspx

Frank

• 02-20-2009 7:55 AM In reply to

Thanks Frank, i didn't realise how that post had progressed.

Beosystem 3, Beosound 4, Beolab 9, Beolab 3, Beolab 8000

• 07-03-2009 10:31 AM In reply to

Where is this parameter "NumSignalReps" situated?

I can't find it client xml.

• 07-03-2009 10:41 AM In reply to

Sony original remotes transmit the IR binary command string 3 times for any single command press

Regards Keith....

• 07-03-2009 11:17 AM In reply to

But beo5 works only with double click....

• 07-03-2009 12:28 PM In reply to

beogram4:

But beo5 works only with double click....

I understand that..

The entry in the PUC only transmits the IR signal once and the STB needs to see a minimum of two transmisions, that's why you need to press the button twice. The problem is the PUC entry is incorrect.

Regards Keith....

• 07-04-2009 2:13 AM In reply to

I created xml-file using xml-generator. I didn't see topic "The IR "Repeat signal". This is the same problem. 

Keith can you explain in detail how convert "raw" in "bitstream" in xml-file (in detail) or send link on theory page )).

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)