in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 08-15-2009 2:14 PM by Dave. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-17-2009 4:17 AM

Top 5 digital boxes for BV7!

Hello folks,

I have now decided to go digital. (I KNOW, its about time!!!)

I have been recommended different types and am not sure what to go for.

I don't mind if its recordable or not. Just as long as its user friendly, nice and simple user interface, and most importantly can be used with Beo4.

So if you fantastic lot can make a top 3-5 digital boxes, that would be great!

Oh, one more thing. I can't have a dish installed due to anoying residents association.

Cheers for any help!

• 02-17-2009 9:45 AM In reply to

Re: Top 5 digital boxes for BV7!

Topfield 5810 if you have the DVI slot spare, otherwise Topfield 5800

• 02-20-2009 5:46 AM In reply to

When I tried the TopField 5810, I noticed the EPG only had 3 lines. Is it possible to have it full screen?

• 02-20-2009 8:29 AM In reply to

I have the Topfield 5800 and can only say its a nasty machine with awful graphic/user interface (esp EPG). We have a BT vision box in the bedroom - it can't be controlled by a STB so we use two remotes, but is far better to use. There are plans to use the BT box multi-room, and when that happens my Toppy will be going in the dustbin......

My experience is that sticking to ones you can use with the STB can be limiting. Eg my parents have a sony digibox and it is also a pleasure to use (unlike the topfield), but isn't STB controllable.

• 08-15-2009 5:41 AM In reply to

• Max
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-19-2007
    • Devon
    • Posts 64
    • Founder

Hi Justin,

Don't know how you're getting on with the Topfield 5800 - I had the same concerns about the interface, but recommend adding the mystuff TAP to it. It completely transformed my view of the product.

Max.

My B&O is in my Bio.

• 08-15-2009 2:14 PM In reply to

• Dave
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Brisbane, Australia
    • Posts 2,328
    • Bronze Member

Strong-Technologies' boxes are alot better quality than topfield. Though i'm not sure you guys get them over there?

“Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of intelligent effort.”

Your health and well-being comes first and fore-most.

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)