in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 02-10-2009 3:40 AM by bayerische. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-09-2009 4:53 PM

Bang & Olufsen Ice power on Samsung - Is it good?

I've read about the GT-M3200 Samsung phone with built-in ICE power amplifier. I was wondering if anyone could tell me

if this is a good phone. I'd like to use it for music and texting mainly. I quite like its simple design and not really bothering

about the other functions. Could you please give some advice. Many thanks Smile

http://www.mobilegazette.com/samsung-m3200-beat-s-08x09x25.htm

• 02-09-2009 5:48 PM In reply to

Re: Bang & Olufsen Ice power on Samsung - Is it good?

Can't help you, but it's a needle in my eye.

Also, an ICE power amp in a cellphone? Well that ICE power amp can't have anything remotely related to a real ICE power amp... And what about the phones drivers? What could they possibly be? Horrible quality at best.

Fine if they are better than the music from "regular" phones, but I still think that this Samsung is going to be just another phone with a badge. Don't know if this one has got Beos logo on it, like the other horrible Samsung posted here not long ago.

It's terrible that Beo hasn't got more pride than this...

Hardly material to build their extravagant pricing and products on. 

-Andreas

BLab5, BLab5000, BLab8000, BV10, BS9000, BS3, Beo5, Beo4, BLink1000, BLink5000, BLink7000, A2, A8, Form2

• 02-09-2009 8:24 PM In reply to

• Beolab
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-18-2007
    • Sweden
    • Posts 535
    • Bronze Member

bayerische:

Can't help you, but it's a needle in my eye.

Also, an ICE power amp in a cellphone? Well that ICE power amp can't have anything remotely related to a real ICE power amp... And what about the phones drivers? What could they possibly be? Horrible quality at best.

Fine if they are better than the music from "regular" phones, but I still think that this Samsung is going to be just another phone with a badge. Don't know if this one has got Beos logo on it, like the other horrible Samsung posted here not long ago.

It's terrible that Beo hasn't got more pride than this...

Hardly material to build their extravagant pricing and products on. 

Ehrrm... Have you ever heard about the B&o Serenata phone? It´s got the first ICE power amp in a phone..

www.serenatamobile.com

">

BL8000 MkII Black

• 02-09-2009 8:40 PM In reply to

I think this phone is not too bad. I've read some reviews and they're quite good. Of course lacks a good camera but who cares? I like the Serenata but far too expensive for me Smile

• 02-10-2009 3:40 AM In reply to

Fredrik,

Why wouldn't I have heard of it? At 1300 euros it's ridiculously expensive. I'm yet to be convinced about the ICE power amps in phones. I wouldn't bet on it, but to me it sound like nothing but a marketing idea.

-Andreas

BLab5, BLab5000, BLab8000, BV10, BS9000, BS3, Beo5, Beo4, BLink1000, BLink5000, BLink7000, A2, A8, Form2

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)