in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 02-10-2009 9:44 AM by beaker. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-09-2009 3:24 PM

Beomaster 3000 balance slide

Today I bought a Beomaster 3000. It was in pristine shape and it works perfectly except for the stereo lamp and the balance slide. The lamp if fix easily. But how do I fix the balance slide? I guess there is a pin going from the slide in to the receiver working on a potentiometer. Can I just glue a pin/stick on the slide that pushes on the potentiometer? Or is there parts available to buy?

Anyways, the balance seem have been broken so I do have both channels at same time, sometimes you are lucky.

Best regards

Filip

• 02-10-2009 7:24 AM In reply to

Re: Beomaster 3000 balance slide

Take a closer look inside first. Last summer I bought a Beomaster 4400, which also had one non-working slider. In this case, the actual potentiometer had moved out of place (it's just clipped there), and the fork of the slider didn't reach it. If the 3000 is similar, you might have an easy fix Smile

I'm sure spare parts aren't available new, so you'll be looking for some kind of a glue fix if the fork of the slider (or the pot) is actually broken, or maybe someone on the forum has a parts unit.

-mika

• 02-10-2009 9:44 AM In reply to

Re: Beomaster 3000 balance slide

Just what had happened to my 3000 that I am going through. Mine was the volume slider and it was up at full volume. It gave me a fright when I first turned it on! On mine the little piece that was broken was still in the box so I just glued it back, slotted the volume control back in position and hey presto, evereything worked again.

As for the balence, On my 3000 the switched for the left and right stereo/mono were a bit sticky and this kept cutting out the left channel completley. After a bit of contact cleaner and switching them on and off a few times, everything was perfect again.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)