in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 02-10-2009 2:11 PM by cooldude. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-06-2009 12:22 PM

Advice wanted on how best to integrate a Beomaster5500

Greetings fellow beoworlders,

We currently have a beosound 9000 in the living room and an beosystem 7000 (stacking system) and an ouverture in the bedroom (beosound4000), and I use a stand-alone beomaster 5500 in my home office (presently only connected to my imac for playing itunes in my office).

Also, after we moved here last year, we installed our beosound9000 first... up and running within the hour...total bliss... 2 (itunes-free) months later we installed the home office and imac and we found ourselves facing the fact we now feel 'liberated' from it (itunes) and that we are now fed up with the hassle of the cd-ripping, playlist-making, having-to-use-the-computer-for-everything thing that seems to be the way of the future.

After years of playing music through itunes on our B&O systems, we now completely converted back to browsing through our cd collection to find something we love to play... the looking for, and actually putting the cd's in the machine has (again) become part of the enjoyment. (so, I guess the beosound5 isn't anything for us...) .

It could be an age thing....I know....

An yes, we do occasionally play records on our beogram... but that's more nostalgia...

So, I would love to have the beosound9000's sound in my office through the beomaster5500, so I was wondering what the best way would be to integrate this unit with the rest of my masterlink/powerlink system that we already have (if at all possible?), that way any extra cabling could be worked in easily as some renovating is about to start.

Any suggestions, tips or other info on how best to connect this receiver up to the rest of my installation would be grately appreciated.

Kindest regards,

O.

Filed under:
  • 02-06-2009 12:33 PM In reply to

Re: Advice wanted on how best to integrate a Beomaster5500

I know what you want - a wire into the back of the BM5500 from the BS9000 and be able to control the BS9000 via the 5500. Unfortunately I don't think this is possible. Much easier to just put a Beolink box in the office - be it active or passive.

• 02-06-2009 12:57 PM In reply to

• Alex
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Bath & Cardiff, UK
    • Posts 2,990
    • Bronze Member

Peter, what would option 4 do in a situation like this? My BeoMaster 6500 will take option 4, so I assume the 5500 will too.

Weekly top artists:                   

• 02-06-2009 2:43 PM In reply to

I had thought about a passive kit, but it would mean investing in some extra pieces. I would really like to keep the 5500  with added bonus I can always hook up something else if I needed to and it works great with the cx100's I am refurb. right now.

How about just linking an output of the BS9000 to an input on the 5500? No control over the 9000 but the sound can be controlled by the 5500.
    The 5500 has its own radio and the cd player will be on random (shuffle) anyways. Not ideal but I would settle for a compromise...

Later I will invest in an upgrade for the bedroom and move the overture to my office at that point.

I'll put in a cat6 and masterlink cable anyways for future upgrades for sure...

• 02-06-2009 5:26 PM In reply to

I don't see why you can't do that - Aux out on the BS9000 to Tape 2 on the 5500.

• 02-06-2009 6:04 PM In reply to

Thanks Peter,

I think that's indeed gonna be the simplest solution for now.Smile

Regards,

O.

• 02-10-2009 2:11 PM In reply to

Peter :

I know what you want - a wire into the back of the BM5500 from the BS9000 and be able to control the BS9000 via the 5500. Unfortunately I don't think this is possible. Much easier to just put a Beolink box in the office - be it active or passive.

Hi Peter,

I tought about it and took your advice and installed an active beolink in my office.

After a lot of tought I decided the sell my (complete) 5500 system and did already receive an accceptable offer... If I would only use the receiver as I first planned, the rest would have to be sold or stored anyways.

So now I have a beolink in my office connected to a beomaster5000 that I'll use as an amp.  So basically a lot of work and changes,  but a lot of connectivity and control are now available to me..... 

Thanks for the tip, Peter, very appreciated !

Kindest Regards,

O.

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)