in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 02-20-2009 5:56 PM by Alex. 30 replies.
Page 2 of 2 (31 items) < Previous 1 2
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-12-2009 12:51 PM In reply to

• Craig
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-29-2007
    • Costa Del St Evenage
    • Posts 4,855
    • Founder

Re: Bargains the ones we dont see

Yes I had a bid on that myself. With just 5 seconds to go I got outbid.Super Angry I know who you are too.LaughingLaughing

CraigSmile

For millions of years, mankind lived just like the animals. Then something happened which unleashed the power of our imagination. We learned to talk and we learned to listen..

• 02-16-2009 4:39 PM In reply to

Not sure if any of you guys were watching the BL5s that were on eBay in January. Only a few years old and sold for under half the retail price! £5,750 was the winning bid, does better value exist?

• 02-17-2009 5:27 AM In reply to

• Daniel
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Svinarp, Sweden
    • Posts 1,284
    • Founder

Last friday lunch i browsed the Swedish site blocket.se. There you see the description and a small picture.

This ad had been entered late thursday night and just said "Bang & Olufsen stereo and speaker 1 000 SEK (90€). I thought it was some very old system out of interest for me but anyway (as a BeoPhile) I clicked and my heart stopped.

The text said "Bang & Olufsen speakers in silver: 500 SEK (45€), BeoMaster 3500 (45€)." Nothing more. The bad picture showed a BeoMaster 3500 and a pair of Beolab 4000! I answered (still without heartbeat) but never heard from the seller. Later the same day the ad was gone.

Silver 4000's are just what I want as rear speakers! Sad

Beovision LX5500, BeoCord V6000, BeoSound 9000, BeoLab 8000, BeoLab 3500, BeoLab 2000, BeoVox1, BeoCom 6000, Form1, LightControl 1

• 02-17-2009 11:20 AM In reply to

Hello Everyone!

Since my parents replaced our knackered Hitachi TV with a Beovision 7700, that they somehow managed to get from the local second-hand TV centre, I've been hankering for some Bang and Olufsen of my own.

Was browsing the 'Bay for ages, bid on a few local things, got outbid, sometimes by a little, sometimes a lot. Then out of the blue, 20 miles from home and in the next village to my grandfather, a Beomaster 901, Beogram 1203 and a pair of S30s for 99 pence. They won't stay that low says I...

I paid the guy a pound in cash and departed with my spoils before he could change his mind. Was untested as he had no leads, so was a punt, but a few days later and with some leads from Maplin, WOW! The Beogram isn't working, only has a shell of a DIN cable on the end so not done anything with it yet. Could not believe my luck and the quality of sound from a stereo thats from 1974.

Have since added a Beocord 900, eBay again for £16.49 and I'm definately now on the look out for more, but suspect that was a one off. Just have to wait for my budget to get a bit bigger!

There are bargains out there a) if you're lucky and b) willing to take a bit of a punt.

alexgrouse

• 02-19-2009 3:54 AM In reply to

Alex

A nice story and not a million miles away from how it all started for me a couple of Christmases ago, in my case I realised that my fathers Beovox S30's that he had been using for 30 years sounded much better than the modern speakers I was using, so I looked at eBay on impulse and a few days later a pair of Beovox S30's arrived for £4.99 plus postage and I haven't really looked back since.

There are certainly people here who have found exceptional bargains, but even at the 'normal' eBay prices I still think 1970's and 1980's B&O is the best value for money you will find anywhere. Just be aware that you may find yourself on eBay a lot over the next few months and running out of space at home!

Simon

alexgrouse:

Hello Everyone!

Since my parents replaced our knackered Hitachi TV with a Beovision 7700, that they somehow managed to get from the local second-hand TV centre, I've been hankering for some Bang and Olufsen of my own.

Was browsing the 'Bay for ages, bid on a few local things, got outbid, sometimes by a little, sometimes a lot. Then out of the blue, 20 miles from home and in the next village to my grandfather, a Beomaster 901, Beogram 1203 and a pair of S30s for 99 pence. They won't stay that low says I...

I paid the guy a pound in cash and departed with my spoils before he could change his mind. Was untested as he had no leads, so was a punt, but a few days later and with some leads from Maplin, WOW! The Beogram isn't working, only has a shell of a DIN cable on the end so not done anything with it yet. Could not believe my luck and the quality of sound from a stereo thats from 1974.

Have since added a Beocord 900, eBay again for £16.49 and I'm definately now on the look out for more, but suspect that was a one off. Just have to wait for my budget to get a bit bigger!

There are bargains out there a) if you're lucky and b) willing to take a bit of a punt.

alexgrouse

• 02-20-2009 5:56 PM In reply to

• Alex
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Bath & Cardiff, UK
    • Posts 2,990
    • Bronze Member

From my limited ebay selling experience, other-brand speakers and vintage kit seems to go for next-to-nothing on ebay and isn't particularly wantable as while it may well sound good, it doesn't fit in with modern design/lifestyles wheras B&O does.

I would still choose a lot of B&O's older (70s and 80s) kit over modern kit from other brands. I know I would rather have my Beomaster 4400 than say, a Naim Nait, and I know which would sound better too!

Weekly top artists:                   

Page 2 of 2 (31 items) < Previous 1 2