in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 05-29-2007 2:29 PM by Medogsfat. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-25-2007 8:51 AM

• deaddruid
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-24-2007
    • Malvern, Worcestershire
    • Posts 247
    • Founder

Beocenter 7002 tape deck

If I use the tape deck in my Beocenter 7002, everything works fine for a few minutes, and then the Beocenter resets. The effect is as though the power has been turned off and then back on - even the clock gets reset.

When this happens, the area at the back of the unit where the voltage reguulator ICs are located appears to be hotter than normal.

Some questions:

1. Is this a known fault on these machines, or do I have to experiment?

2. Is the problem more likely to be the tape drive using too much power, or the power supply having deteriorated?

Thank you for your thoughts,

Mark 

Filed under:
  • 05-25-2007 5:24 PM In reply to

• cozza
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • New Zealand
    • Posts 119
    • Bronze Member

Re: Beocenter 7002 tape deck

I have seen the exact symptom you describe on another 7007. It was caused by a faulty motor in the cassette player, the brushes and commutator had worn out  and the motor became very hot when running which caused the power supply to drop out. The solution was to replace the motor with another from a donor machine, as it was not rebuildable.
  • 05-25-2007 6:38 PM In reply to

• Medogsfat
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 02-21-2007
    • *Moderator* Leeds, Yorkshire
    • Posts 4,045
    • Founder

Hi Mark and welcome to Beoworld - and thank you on behalf of all here for your support by signing up to gold membership.

If you have the part number for the motor I may just be able to help you out here. If I have the motor in question then all I ask is a small donation of your choice to Beoworld (to assist with the funding of the site) and I'll post it free of charge.

Drop me a PM if it is a faulty motor - or another part which I may have.

Chris.

The use of metaphors should be avoided like the plague. They're like a red rag to a bull to me.

• 05-28-2007 2:36 PM In reply to

• deaddruid
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-24-2007
    • Malvern, Worcestershire
    • Posts 247
    • Founder

I think I may have solved the problem - in order to investigate whether the tape motor was getting too hot, I moved the Beocenter to a desk. Since the move, it hasn't failed once, and whilst the motor is running a little hot, it doesn't seem excessively so. I suspect that there was not enough free-flow of air around the unit previously. I'll see whether the problem comes back.

Thank you for your offers of help - it's really nice to find a group of people who try to assist.

Mark

• 05-29-2007 2:29 PM In reply to

• Medogsfat
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 02-21-2007
    • *Moderator* Leeds, Yorkshire
    • Posts 4,045
    • Founder

Fair do's Mark.

Feel free to contact me if the problem does reappear Smile

Chris.

The use of metaphors should be avoided like the plague. They're like a red rag to a bull to me.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)