in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 02-02-2009 6:56 AM by wirralsimon. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-02-2009 6:22 AM

• sveifors
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • North of Norway
    • Posts 145
    • Founder

Beovox s45 type 6302

I recently came across a pair of Beovox s45 in an ad . The ad  didn't say what kind of (I belive there are 3 different), so I bid £15 and I got them. When I got them they were type 6302 (1977-1978) and looked quite ok. I tried them on to my Beomaster 6000 and they worked .

I must say I was amazed because they sounded very good.

The previous owner couldn't have been well known to B&O, because he had disconnected the DIN connector at the rear and  made a litte hole(beside the DIN connector) to take the leads out.

The rosewood tree cabinet was fine, but a bit neglected.

I believe new caps and restoring the tree and connect the DIN connector these could be very nice. Are there anybody with experience on these speakers good or bad , please let me know?

Sveifors Always look on the B & O side of life
  • 02-02-2009 6:56 AM In reply to

Re: Beovox s45 type 6302

Congratulations on your purchase. I have the slightly newer s45-2's which are on many respects similar.

Mine were in terrible cosmetic condition when I bought them because someone had made a failed attempt to varnish the oiled wood with predictable reults.

I stripped off the varnish using a commercial stripper. Hopefully you won't need to do this because it's not good for the veneer! Next I lightly sanded and cleaned thoroughly with wire wool. I then used generous coating of teak oil which covered a multitude of minor dents, dings and blemishes.

Recapping was done using a capictor  kit from Martin (Dillen) which even someone with very limited technical abilities (i.e. me!) can do.

Good luck

Simon

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)