in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 02-05-2009 6:11 AM by Peter Jacobs. 25 replies.
Page 2 of 2 (26 items) < Previous 1 2
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-05-2009 6:11 AM In reply to

Re: Best Blu-ray Player

My new setup includes a new BS3, BV4 50", Stewart Filmscreen 100" in ceiling, Beo 5, PS3 with Nyco USB dongle and a  B&O specified Samsung SP 800 A projector on a B&O PD2 lift.

I have found teh PS3 to be stunning (try watching Dark KNight, Kingdom of heaven, The Patriot etc). Incredible detail from 5 metres sitting distance. The PS3 performs reliably, is quick to start up and performance with standard DVD is excellent, although I suspect the incredible processing power of the BS3 has a lot to do with this. I would readily recommend the PS3. If a dedicated BD player is being sought I am reliably informed by my local B&O dealer that the Sony LX71 ($ AUD 1400+) is the mutts nuts. I am considering this. Of course the Beo 5 will have to be re-configured. I also believe the LX71 will be on the PUC list very soon.

Of course changing to a dedicated player means my two teenagers can stop monopoly of the Cinema screen for PS3 online gaming (Code of war thankfully relegated to the "small TV upstairs" . Yes !!!!

The panasonic BW 500 is also good but why would anyone currently pay for the BD recording facility ??

Page 2 of 2 (26 items) < Previous 1 2