in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 05-10-2007 6:06 PM by B&Ola. 74 replies.
Page 3 of 3 (75 items) < Previous 1 2 3
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 04-29-2007 12:50 PM In reply to

Re: Recent Purchases

A reasonable thought but a second hand pair of 4000s will cost about the same as 4s and seem much better value for money. The ones I have in the sitting room are blue as well so would not match the room very well. Good thought though!
  • 04-29-2007 2:00 PM In reply to

• Thomas
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Norway
    • Posts 85
    • Founder

My last purchase was a second hand mint Avant DVD from 2004.  It was demo used and sold from B&O shop in February 2006, and that means I have almost 4 years left of warranty.

It has an amazing clear picture and coupled with my penta III and BL4000 and ouverture it makes me smile erytime i use it.

Thomas

7-40 Mk3, Beo5/Beo4, Avant32DVD, BS3K, PentaIII, BL4K, BL Active w/BL2500, Avant28CTV,Beoport, AppleTV, 2xBC6K

• 05-02-2007 2:48 AM In reply to

• Kevin
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-15-2007
    • Posts 1,256
    • Founder

Kevin:
    I've ordered two Beoworld.org mugs and a polo shirt can't wait to sit reading the threads while sipping my coffee from my new mugCoffeePizza

Picked these up on the trip and they are great quality. Yes 

• 05-02-2007 7:35 AM In reply to

• benjnz
    • Top 150 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Auckland NZ
    • Posts 392
    • Gold Member

hmmm I managed an Intel Duo Core thingy iMac 20" and the latest download of BMLink Big Smile

Otherwise paint which I gave to the other half to decorate a few rooms hehehehehe Laughing 

• 05-02-2007 8:02 AM In reply to

• RayTheWash
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • South East London
    • Posts 93
    • Founder

A pair of Beolab 4s as temporary speakers for my ipod & laptop, then destined for rear surround duties also a Earset 2!
  • 05-02-2007 10:39 AM In reply to

A couple of weeks ago I picked up a pair of BL 5000s (Flat panel). This week I purchased a BC 9500 to match them (the BS 2500 looks too small next to them). Next up: a Beogram for the 9500.
  • 05-02-2007 2:56 PM In reply to

• sveifors
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • North of Norway
    • Posts 145
    • Founder

Today I got a Beogram cd 3300, which I bought of the net a few weeks ago. The player was not working according to the add, so I got it very cheap, but a little magic with cleaning, and now it is playing like nothing else.

Sveifors Always look on the B & O side of life
  • 05-04-2007 4:35 AM In reply to

• Dave
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Brisbane, Australia
    • Posts 2,328
    • Bronze Member

Very excited about my new BeoLab 5's that i picked up a couple of days ago.

Am i allowed to swear? Holy moly... they are exquisite, SO real, so wonderful. Words really cannot describe what it is like owning them. Is there anybody who can?

I hope they last all the way up to the day i die!!

“Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of intelligent effort.”

Your health and well-being comes first and fore-most.

• 05-04-2007 4:40 AM In reply to

philipsmz333:

You must be a very strong man! Cool

Congratulations!!!
    BTW - you'll have fun sampling high and low resolution music through those!

• 05-04-2007 4:45 AM In reply to

philipsmz333:

Am i allowed to swear? Holy moly... they are exquisite, SO real, so wonderful. Words really cannot describe what it is like owning them. Is there anybody who can?

I hope they last all the way up to the day i die!!

Lucky you! I plan to get some of these but still have not worked out if they are for me. That and the need for a new bathroom!

• 05-04-2007 5:05 AM In reply to

• Dave
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Brisbane, Australia
    • Posts 2,328
    • Bronze Member

Hehe it was the adrenalin that kicked in! Yes i sampled a few pieces of music last night, at 3am, and 'saw' a hell of a difference. Apple lossless is surprisingly different (rubbish) sounding when compared to a CD which was a surprise.

I am very passionate about music, and it wasn't ideal to spend this amount of money (espeacially at my age), but you only live once!

“Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of intelligent effort.”

Your health and well-being comes first and fore-most.

• 05-04-2007 5:23 AM In reply to

philipsmz333:
    Hehe it was the adrenalin that kicked in! Yes i sampled a few pieces of music last night, at 3am, and 'saw' a hell of a difference. Apple lossless is surprisingly different (rubbish) sounding when compared to a CD which was a surprise.

I am very passionate about music, and it wasn't ideal to spend this amount of money (espeacially at my age), but you only live once!

Well, if you're passionate about music you've just bought yourself the ideal instruments. My rationale on what you heard with lossless vs. CD using the BL5s: you've just bought the Hubble telescope of loudspeakers, they "hear" stuff regular speakers don't manage to distinguish between. On a regular pair of speakers you wouldn't hear as great a difference between lossless and CD (if any).
    In fact, you'll also hear mistakes in the mix and recording that the producer and artists let pass because they knew only 1 in 25.000 would have the equipment needed to hear them - but you'll also hear nuances that they heard and strove to capture, while knowing most would never get to enjoy them! You will.

• 05-04-2007 5:33 AM In reply to

Luckily for me, I have the even more expensive solution! Gateshead Council have bought us the Sage so we get live music any night we want! Laughing As dramatic looking - in fact even more so - than Beolab 5s! Designed by Norman Foster.
  • 05-04-2007 7:22 AM In reply to

• beobeo
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Spain
    • Posts 953
    • Founder

I can't compete agains those recent purchases... BL5 are a dream to me at this point.

My recent purchases, a black MX4000 in excellent condition (dated 1991!). And a BV3 with Dolby surround module (my second BV3) along with DVD1 and V8000 both in mint condition.

Next: BLX, can't yet define whether the X will be 3 or 9. Depends on the outcome of current negotiations with my wife. Looks like the 3 will unfortunately winSad

cheers;

Gustavo

• 05-04-2007 4:49 PM In reply to

• henrik
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Stockholm, Sweden
    • Posts 299
    • Founder

Ah, congratulation! I wish I could afford a pair of 5s. Hopefully I will be able to buy a pair some day, and while I'm waiting I feel delighted that other people are able to enjoy these fantastic speakers! However, the "apple lossless" experience you describe is probably due to differences in d/a converters etc - "apple lossless" files really are lossless, if you compare a "lossless" compressed and de-compressed file with the original file you'll actually find that they are bit-to-bit identical.
  • 05-06-2007 9:58 AM In reply to

• fridsten
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Stockholm, Sweden
    • Posts 167
    • Founder

Today I bought a Beomaster 5000, a Beogram CD50 and a Master Control Panel 5000.

It will be put in my son's room, since I think the remote is just the right size for him. Wink

I have to replace the woofers of my CX50s first, though. Does anyone know where I can find a pair of decent replacement drivers?

• 05-06-2007 2:35 PM In reply to

Oh well... i finally decide to have a gold membership.

Pedro "Less is more"

BV7-40 MKII + BL7.2 + BL9 + BL3 + BS4 + BL4 + A9 + Earset 2 + 2 x Beo4 + BeoCom 5

• 05-06-2007 2:44 PM In reply to

• Jandyt
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-01-2007
    • Clitheroe, Lancashire, UK
    • Posts 13,004
    • Founder

Well done, Pedro. Now spread the word.

Andy T.

Poor me, never win owt!

• 05-06-2007 2:57 PM In reply to

• Craig
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-29-2007
    • Costa Del St Evenage
    • Posts 4,855
    • Founder

fridsten:

Today I bought a Beomaster 5000, a Beogram CD50 and a Master Control Panel 5000.

It will be put in my son's room, since I think the remote is just the right size for him. Wink

I have to replace the woofers of my CX50s first, though. Does anyone know where I can find a pair of decent replacement drivers?

Still available from your dealer, or there are re foaming kits on Ebay.

CraigBig Smile 

For millions of years, mankind lived just like the animals. Then something happened which unleashed the power of our imagination. We learned to talk and we learned to listen..

• 05-09-2007 2:13 PM In reply to

• Graeme
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Aberdeenshire Scotland
    • Posts 194
    • Bronze Member

I have just today recieved my Ouverture(likenew), beolink1000(new) and A8's(new)

delighted with all, looks and sounds great, wrong cables though, no displays on my penta's, however the dealers are going to get the right ones for meCool

Cheers Graeme
  • 05-09-2007 2:26 PM In reply to

• Philippe
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Toulouse, France
    • Posts 321
    • Bronze Member

Nothing at all : too much B&O kills the effect...

Philippe

• 05-09-2007 2:34 PM In reply to

Just got mt Earset 1 home. I had to get a new 6000 as well but am delighted with it. It means I will be able to talk even longer to Lee and Tim! Bad luck boys!
  • 05-10-2007 4:26 AM In reply to

• fridsten
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Stockholm, Sweden
    • Posts 167
    • Founder

Now I've picked up a pair of replacement woofers for my CX50s. I ordered them on monday and picked them up yesterday (wednesday). Excellent service, since the repair shop had to receive them from Denmark. Laughing

I might try to mount them this evening. 

• 05-10-2007 6:03 PM In reply to

A beoport and a v.2.12 software upgrade for my BS3000.
    I've just finished the installation of the SW and it works! :)

Connecting a IR-eye tomorrow for Front Row, Yeeha!
  • 05-10-2007 6:06 PM In reply to

fridsten:

Now I've picked up a pair of replacement woofers for my CX50s. I ordered them on monday and picked them up yesterday (wednesday). Excellent service, since the repair shop had to receive them from Denmark. Laughing

I might try to mount them this evening. 

Ha!

I see that your avatar (picture) is from the repair shop, BL-service. They realy giving you excellent service!

/Ola
Page 3 of 3 (75 items) < Previous 1 2 3