in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 01-29-2009 9:00 AM by Graham1982. 7 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-28-2009 4:03 PM

The ultimate remote control

Article in the Independent about how we'll be using mobile phones to control "everything" ... interesting:

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/gadgets-and-tech/features/the-ultimate-remote-control-1517648.html

• 01-28-2009 4:18 PM In reply to

• Medogsfat
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 02-21-2007
    • *Moderator* Leeds, Yorkshire
    • Posts 4,045
    • Founder

Re: The ultimate remote control

Interesting but not for me I'm afraid.

Call me an old die-hard but I like my phone to make phone calls, my camera to take photo's, my music system to play music etc.. etc...

Chris. 

The use of metaphors should be avoided like the plague. They're like a red rag to a bull to me.

• 01-28-2009 4:29 PM In reply to

I asked my daughter why she hadn't answered an e-mail I sent her a while ago.

"Dad, no one uses e-mail anymore."

Yup, we're old fogeys, Medogsfat

• 01-28-2009 5:19 PM In reply to

I read today that you can (for a mere $99 US) give your house plants access to your Twitter.com account, so that they can "tweet" you when they feel thirsty and need some water (or a chat?) Laughing

That's why no-one reads their emails any more, they're too busy talking to their Delphiniums online Confused

Steve. (suddenly old at 35!)

Sounds Heavenly Cables are proud to be a sponsor of the BeoWorld Forum!

• 01-29-2009 7:10 AM In reply to

• Xseries
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Hampshire
    • Posts 433
    • Bronze Member

And what if you loose it, forget which control button works which programme or even worse if someone steals it!

Keep it (more) simple!

Brian

• 01-29-2009 7:25 AM In reply to

Indeed  a good point ....I keep losing my cell phones at a rate of about 2 a year, so since about a year and a half I now try to make do without one.

Best thing ever, I really do get a lot more done in a day. Though I keep a cellphone in my car for emergency reasons, and when on the road I call in the office twice to 3 times a day.

Sounds weird maybe, but works for me... not all tech is a necessity and is proven often counter-productive.

Regards.

Oliver 

• 01-29-2009 7:55 AM In reply to

• shane2468
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 08-24-2008
    • Southall, West London.
    • Posts 44
    • Gold Member

Medogsfat:

Interesting but not for me I'm afraid.

Call me an old die-hard but I like my phone to make phone calls, my camera to take photo's, my music system to play music etc.. etc...

Chris. 

I'm with you on that.

Your so right.

SPL

• 01-29-2009 9:00 AM In reply to

Symbian phones have had a piece of software which has enabled people to control their TVs and the like for a while. Needles to say I couldn't get it to work on my Motorola A925 or A1000 (at the time). I like the idea but would prefer a Beo 5 or something integrated into the house for show off factor.

I don't know why this is being touted as new news, Casio made a watch which could be used to control televisions and stuff - we used to have great fun at school turning the television off mid-viewing!

Graham

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)