in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 12-13-2010 4:17 AM by champ5. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-26-2009 11:25 AM

BeoVision 7 using DVI-D for HD viewing using Sky+HD

I have connected the SKy+HD box to the AV4 DVI-D connector using the HDMI lead from the box and using the HDMI to DVI-D converter connector.  The sound has been connected separately.  There is also a SCART lead  from the Sky+HD box connected to the AV2 SCART input.   To get HD quality pictures I have de programmed DTB-SAT option on AV2 (there seems to be only one option?) and then programmed DTB-SAT to AV4 with the correct IR and HD setting.   The picture seeems to increase in quality but when the BV7 is turned off and back on again I loose the picture but the sound still works.  Any Ideas? 

• 01-26-2009 2:07 PM In reply to

Re: BeoVision 7 using DVI-D for HD viewing using Sky+HD

Set AV2 to STB/DTV, use ir option as c2, set hdtv to dvi-i.  Use Pace Sky+ as your set top box.

• 01-29-2009 5:21 AM In reply to

Many thanks for feedback.  Do I still use the DVI AV4 port to get HD pictures? My local BO dealer says I need a software upgrade?

• 01-29-2009 10:59 PM In reply to

Why a Sw upgrade?  If you have the HD module then HD plays over DVI-I, Analogue Audio over Scart and Digital Audio over a coaxial digital input.

I do not understand DVI AV4 port - AV4 is commonly used when you are using L/R phono stereo leads for the sound, instead of Scart.  HD can be assigned to any port.

• 01-30-2009 1:56 AM In reply to

KingOfSnake:

Why a Sw upgrade?  If you have the HD module then HD plays over DVI-I, Analogue Audio over Scart and Digital Audio over a coaxial digital input.

I do not understand DVI AV4 port - AV4 is commonly used when you are using L/R phono stereo leads for the sound, instead of Scart.  HD can be assigned to any port.

I don't think that a HD module was mentioned, the DVI socket is present on all BV7's regardless of HD status.  If thye BV7 is an early model it will only be enabled for use as a PC monitor and will require not only SW update but also a replacement HD module.

The simple way to check if your BV7 is HD or not is to go into the connections menu and under any of the AV socket sub menu's (let's take AV1 as an example) I believe it is the last option that allows you select HD input source either DVI or YPbPr.  If you have these options then it should work, if you haven't you will need your TV upgraded.

• 01-30-2009 8:45 AM In reply to

I do have the HD option and I select YPbPr  But what is YPbPr option ? Is it the composite video input?   on the selection of the HD on my BV7 there is no DVI option on AV4 just the YPbPr.  Is this the problem?   

On the back of my BV7 the pull-off cover identifies the DVI port as AV4.   So I have been programming this port as the HD input source.    The problem is that it works but when the tv is turned off and back on again the picture is blank but the sound works.    I have set the Follow-TV option to make sure the Sky+HD box turns on with the TV, and the SCART Connection on AV2 works fine turning the tv on and off, but there only seems to be one STB/(SAT) option which I have to de-program from the AV2 port to be able then to reuse  on the AV4 port.

• 12-13-2010 4:17 AM In reply to

• champ5
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 12-12-2010
    • Posts 3
    • Bronze Member

Thanks for the help. I fixed it. I had to turn the tv off and on after I connected the laptop and setup the new connection Unsure

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)