in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 02-18-2009 6:16 AM by jk1002. 13 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (14 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-26-2009 10:30 AM

• Evan
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 12-15-2008
    • Ohio | USA
    • Posts 2,601
    • Gold Member

Ohio B&O dealer closed?!

So currently my business is being channeled through Minneapolis instead of Columbus Oh. The nice folks in Minneapolis told me that they were closed for the time being due to a questionable economy, or something like that. Does anyone know what is going on? Or does anyone know if or when they will re-open?

Evan

• 02-01-2009 12:57 PM In reply to

• Sal
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-30-2007
    • Indianapolis, USA
    • Posts 261
    • Bronze Member

Re: Ohio B&O dealer closed?!

I hope not, that Columbus dealer / owner was a class act. -Sal
    Love B&O, but no longer addicted.
  • 02-01-2009 8:00 PM In reply to

I don't knowanything about the Columbus dealership, but I would give the Minneapolis (Edina) dealer a wide berth if I were you. I have bought a number of expensive items from them during the past year and a half and was treated very badly and unethically by them. You should take anything they tell you or promise you with a grain of salt. At the very least, you should communicate with them by E-mail rather than by phone and get everything in writing.

• 02-02-2009 10:19 AM In reply to

• Evan
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 12-15-2008
    • Ohio | USA
    • Posts 2,601
    • Gold Member

Sal- I've never met Mendosa.

beobuff- Actually I was very pleased and impressed with the customer service and treatment from the Minnesota branch.

Evan

• 02-04-2009 11:47 AM In reply to

• bumble
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 05-21-2008
    • USA
    • Posts 21
    • Bronze Member

Kansas City's customer service is pretty great, too.

• 02-04-2009 11:56 AM In reply to

• Evan
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 12-15-2008
    • Ohio | USA
    • Posts 2,601
    • Gold Member

I was very pleased with the Columbus location. I don't think that having to close constitutes for a bad customer relationship, just do to the circumstances. They are doing the best they can. Now I also see how well established the minneapolis branch is, as they are able to undertake the load of all of Columbus' business.

Evan

• 02-04-2009 11:58 AM In reply to

• Evan
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 12-15-2008
    • Ohio | USA
    • Posts 2,601
    • Gold Member

I called the minneapolis location yesterday inquiring about the ohio dealer and when it will open back up. They responded with "check back in a few weeks." I am not liking this.

Evan

• 02-04-2009 4:21 PM In reply to

bumble:

Kansas City's customer service is pretty great, too.

I'll second that! KC has a great store!  They know their product and installation and customer service is first class!

Roger

• 02-04-2009 8:07 PM In reply to

I had the same original favorable impression of the Minneapolis store as you did, but I quickly learned otherwise. They are real good at the soft-spoken, laid-back Mr. Nice Guy shtick, but they will screw you royally given half the chance. Like you, my previous B&O dealer (Oak Street in Chicago) was absolutely wonderful, but he closed up shop in June 2007. I subsequently gave the Minneapolis store a lot of business, including a BS3, BV7-40 and BV8, and quickly regretted having done so. And don't even bother asking to speak to the owner; he doesn't take phone calls and refuses to speak to end customers.

I heard by the grapevine that the owner of the Columbus and Detroit stores just locked the door and walked away from his two shops without even telling BOA he was quitting. I take it that they had treated him rather badly. The Las Vegas store also closed recently. There aren't going to be very many good B&O dealers left. There is something very wrong with a company that treats its best dealers so badly, driving them out of business, and leaving only the poor dealers that treat their customers badly. It is not a recipe for success.

• 02-05-2009 8:47 AM In reply to

• Evan
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 12-15-2008
    • Ohio | USA
    • Posts 2,601
    • Gold Member

Well beobuff, you are starting to worry me. I originally ordered a din - 4 adapter for my bm4500 on dec 19th. Eventually got a beolab 2 adapter (wrong piece of course) sent it to minneapolis to have it exchanged for the correct part. It was recieved by monday and the gentleman taking the ohio calls said he had a din - 4 in a box ready for ups pick-up in the morning (tuesday). It hasn't showed up yet, but to me it is still early. Do you think I will get it? Or will they care about such a small transaction?

Evan

• 02-13-2009 6:09 PM In reply to

Hello Evman,

A new owner is looking to open that location by the end of the month, I assume there will be a letter going out if/when that happens.

• 02-15-2009 8:40 PM In reply to

I have shopped and browsed the Columbus Ohio store for many years - hardly a high end customer, but was always treated well.  I wonder if sometimes American's have too high expectations of those we pick to serve us.  I am not sure the US market (and current economy) can support stand alone stores and always wondered why B&O didnt work more on high-end specialty stores - they did in the past and I wonder if that would lend itself to a broader market penetration, service, etc....

-michael

• 02-16-2009 8:56 AM In reply to

• Evan
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 12-15-2008
    • Ohio | USA
    • Posts 2,601
    • Gold Member

Well I am glad to hear the news jshoafstall. 

I am no high volume customer myself michael, but with an adapter that costs $30 I would expect more.

Evan

• 02-18-2009 6:16 AM In reply to

@ Michael, I think with selling through specialty stores they have much less control how the brand is presented. Think about the Apple stores and what that does for the brand. Not that I am saying that B&O is doing a good job at that right now but that may change.

I noted that to own "retail" is used by other brands as well, i.e. Sony or different Industry Nike with their Niketown stores.

BS9000, BS2300, BC2, BL2500, BL3, Bl2, BS1, BV8, BC4, A8

Page 1 of 1 (14 items)