in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 10-25-2009 6:49 AM by Nickyg63. 19 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (20 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-26-2009 6:28 AM

• PD
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-27-2007
    • Eastbourne, England
    • Posts 210
    • Bronze Member

F1 2009

Come on people, tell me I'm not the only one hating those new rear wings...

PD "The difference betwixt erotic & kinky is that betwixt using a feather & using a chicken..."

• 01-26-2009 3:16 PM In reply to

• ®
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-01-2007
    • UK
    • Posts 970
    • Founder

Re: F1 2009

• 01-26-2009 3:21 PM In reply to

• PD
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-27-2007
    • Eastbourne, England
    • Posts 210
    • Bronze Member

Thems the weenie little beggars. Although I am liking the return to slick tyres.

PD "The difference betwixt erotic & kinky is that betwixt using a feather & using a chicken..."

• 01-26-2009 4:27 PM In reply to

• Craig
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-29-2007
    • Costa Del St Evenage
    • Posts 4,855
    • Founder

They look very strange to say the least. What about the energy recovery system thingy? Some teams will be running it and the ones that can't make it work won't be. Surely it should be everyone or no one?

CraigSmile

For millions of years, mankind lived just like the animals. Then something happened which unleashed the power of our imagination. We learned to talk and we learned to listen..

• 02-15-2009 2:53 PM In reply to

• kuliand
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 05-07-2007
    • nuneaton
    • Posts 43
    • Founder

I admit at first i thought the new spec cars looked a little odd but im getting used to them now after seeing them in photo's from the test days. I think after the first 4 races most people will get used to the new looks i just hope they make more overtaking possible like they where brought in to do.

• 02-16-2009 4:48 PM In reply to

I think the new cars look awful, but yes I suppose we'll get used to them. It's down to the racing anyway and I really hope the new rule changes are going to make a difference, other than confusing the drivers!

Personally, I blame a lot of the overtaking criticism on the tracks rather than the cars. The new tracks (excluding Singapore and Valencia) have been specifically designed to open up a better opportunity of overtaking for the faster cars on the track. Of course the skill of the move is still required and this is why races like Hungary and Turkey can be so exciting!

Does anyone know if Abu Dhabi is going to be ANOTHER city track? I am however relieved that Valencia is not on this season!

I'm sure we'll have a lot to say over my birthday weekend in late March!

• 02-17-2009 6:45 AM In reply to

• Bebs
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 06-08-2007
    • London & Denmark
    • Posts 47
    • Bronze Member

Oh yes!Devil

• 02-20-2009 4:06 AM In reply to

i think we will get use to it but would prefer no wings on cars just watch jim clarke drifting car thru bends in old films

hope theres a few upsets like williams back on track

even though bbc will broadcast in uk from next season it wont be any different as they produced programme for itv

• 03-28-2009 9:58 AM In reply to

• Craig
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-29-2007
    • Costa Del St Evenage
    • Posts 4,855
    • Founder

Got up at 5:30 this morning so I could watch the qualifying live. Well worth it, nice to see the newest team on the grid take the first row. Looks like some teams are having problems with the new cars though. Should be an exciting season. Can't wait for the race tomorrow.Wink

CraigSmile

For millions of years, mankind lived just like the animals. Then something happened which unleashed the power of our imagination. We learned to talk and we learned to listen..

• 04-05-2009 3:16 AM In reply to

My bro-in-law is a tyre engineer for bridgestone and is based with Mark Webber, He told me that Honda will do well as they were the fastest in testing!  Also with no in season testing its very unlikely that the big teams will catch up so soon!

He also commented on the cars being so ugly this season!

• 04-06-2009 2:19 PM In reply to

I love the snow plow on the front of the Brawn.....very 70s!

But no doubt the teams running the rear diffusers will lose their points as the red team has yet to score! 

And no doubts Max's love affair with McLaren will continue with the Dave Ryan debacle!

• 04-11-2009 10:32 AM In reply to

• PD
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-27-2007
    • Eastbourne, England
    • Posts 210
    • Bronze Member

I'm going to be spectacularly annoyed if the points are taken away from the diffuser teams. They should be ok, though as the cars were already declared legal; just a case of ruling whether diffusers are ok from this point on.

Ferrari? No points? With my reputation? BINGO!! Cool

• 04-16-2009 1:32 PM In reply to

• Craig
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-29-2007
    • Costa Del St Evenage
    • Posts 4,855
    • Founder

PD:

I'm going to be spectacularly annoyed if the points are taken away from the diffuser teams. They should be ok, though as the cars were already declared legal; just a case of ruling whether diffusers are ok from this point on.

Ferrari? No points? With my reputation? BINGO!! Cool

What great news, the rear diffusers have been declared legal. How long will it take the other teams to catch up? If you believe what the papers say some teams have already spent £5,000,000 trying to develop their own.

CraigSmile

• 04-17-2009 9:29 AM In reply to

• PD
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-27-2007
    • Eastbourne, England
    • Posts 210
    • Bronze Member

Yeah, I can believe that. There's going to be some serious sulking at Ferrari over this one!! Cool

• 04-17-2009 10:44 AM In reply to

• Corvin
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Australia
    • Posts 124
    • Founder

Come on Sunday. I'm fortunate enough to be in Shanghai at the moment so will experience my first live GP outside of OZ. 

• 04-18-2009 7:20 PM In reply to

• PD
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-27-2007
    • Eastbourne, England
    • Posts 210
    • Bronze Member

Lucky sod, I'd love to go to another GP, I've clocked up 10 Silverstones & a Monza so far.

Nice to see some real battling at the front in qualifying, shame about Webber, though...

• 04-18-2009 8:41 PM In reply to

• Corvin
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Australia
    • Posts 124
    • Founder

PD:

Lucky sod, I'd love to go to another GP, I've clocked up 10 Silverstones & a Monza so far.

Nice to see some real battling at the front in qualifying, shame about Webber, though...

Yes shame about Webber, but he is only on the second row so lets hope he finally has a good race.

• 04-29-2009 5:32 PM In reply to

• PD
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-27-2007
    • Eastbourne, England
    • Posts 210
    • Bronze Member

So, a 3 race ban suspended for 12 months, that seems about right. Smile

• 10-16-2009 4:46 PM In reply to

Will Button finally finish the business this weekend in Brazil, or will Rubens step up another gear at his home GP?

I would love to see Rubens or Vettel win the championship, not only because if they do, they will win in true style seeing as they're currently trailing behind by 15+ points, but also because I feel Rubens deserves a championship win during his career. If Vettel could also pull off some magic while the two Brawn boys mess up in the forecasted rain this weekend, I would be very excited for him. Yes he will no doubt be a champion of the future, but he could still do it this season too with the complexities that rain can bring.

As for Button, why hasn't he done it already? He cashed in at the start of the season with an unrivalled car while Rubens couldn't catch on quite as well. He practically won every race for the first third of the season until the other teams had a chance to catch up with the Brawn's who were the first team in 2008 to begin development on the 2009 car. In all honesty it was both Button and the team's fault that messed up his grid position in Suzuka, but if he cannot settle the championship this weekend, or get within 4th / 5th place then I will have lost any interest in him winning this year. Schumacher never won his 7 championships by "playing it safe."

As a driver, is Button in the same league as Raikkonen, Vettel, Hamilton and Alonso? No I don't think so.

• 10-25-2009 6:49 AM In reply to

Personally I feel that this has been the best season I have ever seen!  Button is a first class driver and deserved the victory, He just needed a a first class car.   Brawn is a rags to riches story, where they may of not even entered this season if it was not for honda giving them the cash to do a few races.  I liked the fact that the smaller teams got a chance to shine and that the larger ones struggled!

Page 1 of 1 (20 items)