in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 01-24-2009 9:24 AM by Jandyt. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-23-2009 4:17 PM

Beo5 Click Sound?

Hi everybody.

I would like to hear if somebody in here knows how to take that click sound away from the Beo5, when you touch the screen, and when you turn the sound wheel around? It`s not a loud sound, but when the tv is on low volume, I think you can hear it pretty much, when you change channels. I really like the Beo5, so I hope somebody in here have the magic key.

All the best, and have a great weekend Smile

Carsten denmark

• 01-24-2009 4:24 AM In reply to

• Jandyt
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-01-2007
    • Clitheroe, Lancashire, UK
    • Posts 13,004
    • Founder

Re: Beo5 Click Sound?

Hi Carsten.
    Why?
    Someone in Struer spent a lot of time and effort to add the audible feedback to the Beo5. It's meant to be there!

Andy T.

Poor me, never win owt!

• 01-24-2009 8:59 AM In reply to

Hi Andy Smile

Thanks for feedback. I know it`s ment to be there. But like a telephone, I think it`s nice that you can decide the volume by yourself. And I just thought that when you have a device like the Beo5, that you can almost programming the way you want it, it was possible to take the click sound away, so it could become as silence as the Beo4 Wink

All the best, and have a great weekend.

Carsten Denmark

• 01-24-2009 9:13 AM In reply to

• TWG
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Germany
    • Posts 950
    • Gold Member

Hi Carsten,

I think the only way to silence the click noise is to disassemble the Beo 5, take a soldering iron and "deactivate" the little clicking device ;-)

• 01-24-2009 9:24 AM In reply to

• Jandyt
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-01-2007
    • Clitheroe, Lancashire, UK
    • Posts 13,004
    • Founder

I'm sure their is a way Carsten, but I think it is done with the config tool.
    You can test the audio by going into the Setup menu, then pressing 4 0 0 Go, but you can't deactivate it in that screen. I'll have a play with the config tool tomorrow and see if I can come up with an answer for you.

Andy T.

Poor me, never win owt!

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)