in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 01-24-2009 6:28 AM by Medogsfat. 8 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-23-2009 3:19 PM

• Medogsfat
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 02-21-2007
    • *Moderator* Leeds, Yorkshire
    • Posts 4,045
    • Founder

Avant question.

I have a 32" Avant VCR which was very kindly given to me by Kingstreet in Manchester.

My problem is that the "decoder" scart socket doesn't appear anywhere in the menu settings. Is it possible it has been deactivated and if so how do I reactivate it?

Thanks in advanceSmile

Chris.

The use of metaphors should be avoided like the plague. They're like a red rag to a bull to me.

• 01-23-2009 3:28 PM In reply to

• Craig
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-29-2007
    • Costa Del St Evenage
    • Posts 4,855
    • Founder

Re: Avant question.

Chris, what do you get in the menu when you go into connections? When I upgraded the STB controller SW in my Avant. Pressing Sat on the Beo4 did nothing. TV, DVD and VCR all worked OK. When I went into the connections menu, it said Auto where STB should be. Just set connection back to STB, then the STB list came up.

CraigSmile

For millions of years, mankind lived just like the animals. Then something happened which unleashed the power of our imagination. We learned to talk and we learned to listen..

• 01-23-2009 3:45 PM In reply to

• Medogsfat
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 02-21-2007
    • Posts 4,045
    • Founder

Craig I don't get "connections" in my menu list, I have "source" instead which is supposed the bring up my "AV" and "decoder" settings but only "AV" appears for some strange reason. I don't have the original user manual so I am using the nearest one I could find on Beoworld.

Chris.

The use of metaphors should be avoided like the plague. They're like a red rag to a bull to me.

• 01-23-2009 4:00 PM In reply to

• Craig
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-29-2007
    • Costa Del St Evenage
    • Posts 4,855
    • Founder

There was no user manual on site for my Avant 28" VCR either. To be fair though all the setting up was very similar to my BV3-32. Tomorrow I will have a play with the menu to see if I can help you out. Can't do it at the moment as we have the Grandson for the night and he is asleep right next to the Avant.Laughing

CraigSmile

For millions of years, mankind lived just like the animals. Then something happened which unleashed the power of our imagination. We learned to talk and we learned to listen..

• 01-23-2009 4:31 PM In reply to

Chris - is this an RF VCR Avant? If so, you're welcome to borrow my user manual as this may shed some light on what you need to do. I just plugged mine in and away I went when I bought it a year ago, so have no idea what you're actually talking about! :)

The user manual is yours if you need it.

President, Beomaster 8000 Appreciation Society

• 01-23-2009 4:44 PM In reply to

• Medogsfat
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 02-21-2007
    • Posts 4,045
    • Founder

Very kind offer John but 'fraid mine isn't an RF version - I don't think dealers are giving those away just yetBig Smile

It isn't a major problem I have but it is like an itch you just can't reach...............

Chris.

• 01-23-2009 4:53 PM In reply to

hi chris,

in source , are you saying you only have av ? instead of v-tape / av / decoder ?

jason

• 01-23-2009 5:21 PM In reply to

hi chris,

im going to scan the manual for you now, it may take a while as its 72 pages

jason

• 01-24-2009 6:28 AM In reply to

• Medogsfat
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 02-21-2007
    • Posts 4,045
    • Founder

Hi Jason,

what I SHOULD have in the menu, according to the manual I have, is the AV option, which I can change for whatever device I connect to it, and also a decoder option for the 3rd scart socket - it is this option which doesn't appear so this socket is unusable at present.

Thanks for your help with the manual JasonSmile

Chris.

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)