in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 10-27-2010 11:37 AM by gregorio. 12 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (13 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-23-2009 11:19 AM

beovision 7-40, Masterlink and Sound Delay

I have a new 7-40 in a link environment. The main room has kitchen area with BL 2000 and an area wi5h BL 3500.

When I watch TV it is impossible to listen at the same time to one of the linkspeaker. The echo is tremendous and
    disturbs the listening.
    My dealer has adjusted the sound delay to 0, but it is still not acceptable.
    If I press AV-DTV at the TV it is ok, but no picture.

Has anybody a workbaround?

Before I have had an Avant, and have not had the problem.

• 01-25-2009 8:53 AM In reply to

Re: beovision 7-40, Masterlink and Sound Delay

I have the same problem. And it is slightly annoying. Has anyone got a workaround for this. In my old BC2 and BV3 setup this was not a problem. When I moved to the BV7 as my media hub, this problem introduced itself. When I asked the dealer, he explained this might be a feature having given up the BC2 in my overall system.

Any help would be gratefully received.

Mark.

• 01-25-2009 9:46 AM In reply to

With my experience of ML there is always a slight delay in sound, however in my case it is very marginal and hardly noticable when walking from one room to another.

How long is your ML cable?

• 01-25-2009 11:01 AM In reply to

• Alex
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Bath & Cardiff, UK
    • Posts 2,990
    • Bronze Member

Length of cabling has nothing to do with it. The signal travels down the cable at around a quarter 'the speed of light', which is really quite fast.

The issue is not down to MasterLink, it's because the TV delays the sound to the local speakers in order to deliver the sound and picture in perfect synchronisation. The sound leaving the television out of MasterLink or RF does not have this delay and hence a difference is heard.

Weekly top artists:                   

• 01-25-2009 11:39 AM In reply to

I have the same problem with my Beovision 9 and Beolab3500.

I ask myself, why it is not possible to delay sound to the masterlink distribution by the same time as for the local TV speakers?

• 01-25-2009 2:08 PM In reply to

• Mico
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-06-2007
    • Finland
    • Posts 136
    • Founder

This issue seems to be BS3 related. Out of all my TV's BS3 seems to take the longest time to produce output from DVB. The difference with other makes is significant. My BS3 is a slave so i have not tested link performance in this respect.

• 01-25-2009 2:31 PM In reply to

What source are you trying to listen to? If it is a video source (i.e. television, DVD, etc.), how is it connected? If it is connected with SPDIF or HDMI for sound, then there will always be a delay. MasterLink is a stereo analog delivery system. The sound you're bringing in is digital. We've found that if you run L/R Analog Audio as well (provided the box outputs parallel) you should be able to do away with the delay. 

There is scarcely anything in this world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little more cheaply. The person who buys on price alone is this man's lawful prey. - John Ruskin

• 01-25-2009 4:17 PM In reply to

• Puncher
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-27-2007
    • Nr. Durham, NE England.
    • Posts 9,588
    • Founder

TripEnglish:

What source are you trying to listen to? If it is a video source (i.e. television, DVD, etc.), how is it connected? If it is connected with SPDIF or HDMI for sound, then there will always be a delay. MasterLink is a stereo analog delivery system. The sound you're bringing in is digital. We've found that if you run L/R Analog Audio as well (provided the box outputs parallel) you should be able to do away with the delay. 

If this is a genuine TV issue rather than a setup issue then statements like "if it's digital then there will always be a delay" are just not acceptable. It is a premium priced TV, surely the minimum requirement is that the sound is in sync (regardless of the source, it isn't rocket science).

I'm all for brand loyalty but lets not make excuses.

Generally speaking, you aren't learning much if your lips are moving.

• 01-25-2009 7:00 PM In reply to

Please re-read. I actually outline a fix. When it is connected correctly, there is no delay. Thank you. 

There is scarcely anything in this world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little more cheaply. The person who buys on price alone is this man's lawful prey. - John Ruskin

• 01-26-2009 2:49 AM In reply to

• Puncher
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-27-2007
    • Nr. Durham, NE England.
    • Posts 9,588
    • Founder

I stand by what I said, what else is SPDIF for if not for connecting audio - in which case it should be in sync.

Generally speaking, you aren't learning much if your lips are moving.

• 01-26-2009 4:52 AM In reply to

well, with a HDMI / SPDIF connection, there won't be any signal distributed to the ML. Therefore we always connect a analog L/R Cinch cable as well. So the problem is solved only by disallow your source the digital output. I think that there should be a solution for this problem, since it's only a matter of software, i guess.(sorry for my poor english...hope you get my point)

• 02-03-2009 7:18 AM In reply to

@Alsfeld: You are right, the sound delay is not acceptable. I got in touch with Beocare, but they only said " we are sorry that you do not like it". I have the impression that they mean I am talking about a color.

In my eyes this is a clear lack, and we should push B&O to solve it.

I found out, that if I press Picture Mute, the sound is without any delay. As a negativ effect on this I found out, that a Dolby Digital DVD will not be playing in DD, but in Audio mode - which is not thru the Dolby decoder.

It is only a question of software nothing else.

• 10-27-2010 11:37 AM In reply to

Hello

I am having the same trouble with my brand new BV 10-46, delivered one week ago (October 16th 2010). Has there been any solution for this issue in the meantime?

Thank you very much.

gregorio

Page 1 of 1 (13 items)