in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 01-27-2009 10:56 AM by PhilLondon. 53 replies.
Page 2 of 3 (54 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-24-2009 12:28 PM In reply to

• Russ
    • Top 100 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 05-07-2007
    • Washington, DC USA
    • Posts 641
    • Bronze Member

Re: NEW PRODUCTS ANNOUNCMENT

Chrisreunion:

I don't want a new BeoLink wireless, I want the present transmitter to be integrated to all audio and video Masters,  and the present receiver to be integrated in all BeoLabs or at least BeoLab 3500.

Christian, from experience, let me say that the last thing you want is the present BeoLink Wireless 1.  I will be thrilled for any real up-grade to that product.

As for the rest...rumors are just that, rumors, untill the first products actually arrive in the shops.  But someone asked an interesting question earlier concerning the BV-10 stealing sales from the BV-7 40/MK3.  I think perhaps we've led ourselves on a bit of a wild-goose chase...let me try to suss it out, and see what you all think.

As Trip implies, the 'surround sound processor' will be in the BV-10, but perhaps not the digital image processor?  So that means, no projector output, and none of the BeoLiving Automation (lights, curtains, teapots).  If so, then the BV-10 offers a nice alternative to the BV-7/BS-3.  The problem for me is that we have also told ourselves that the new BV-8-40 would offer surround sound as an option.  Since none of us saw the BV-10 coming, is it possible that the BV-8-40/DD-DTS is the odd duck in the family?  Perhaps if the module stays an option, things will work out fine...the BV-8 family remains the basic, entry level family, the BV-7/4/9/BS-3 family stays at the high-end for video performance, and BeoLiving, and the BV-10 offers a nice compromise for those who already have enough HD content, live in a smaller home, or don't want/need the Home Theatre trappings.

Thoughts?

We kid because we love.

Bang & Olufsen Tysons Galleria

McLean, VA USA

• 01-24-2009 1:18 PM In reply to

In a smaller home you will also need a smaller lcd......BV-10 32"Wink

• 01-24-2009 1:42 PM In reply to

I wish there would be a market for this, but that doesn't seem to be the case. For me, 26" to 32" combined with an "invisible" cinema installation is perfection.

I always wanted a BC6 26 for casual viewing combined with a  projector & screen that rest hidden in the ceiling .....

As long as the pricing structure makes sense, I don't see how cannibalization causes a problem. If you take a look at "Loewe", it seems that they have such a broad but overlapping TV range is a success factor for them.

You may always find someone who just doesn't like the design of a product so as long as they don't mess up the pricing structure I would think all is clear.

I can certainly see that some may find the BV 7 40" to be too massive & dominant for wall installation at the same time have a problem with the BV4 and the BL7 concept.

BS9000, BS2300, BC2, BL2500, BL3, Bl2, BS1, BV8, BC4, A8

• 01-24-2009 2:09 PM In reply to

BeoNut1:

Trip,

I'm not doubting what you're saying, and I'm certainly excited about B&O coming out with new stuff, but their TV strategy defies me.

I love the idea of a complete TV with BS3 for well under $10K (i.e. the BV10), but how will B&O keep it from cannibalizing sales of the BV7?  Also, they're now going to have three 40" LCDs?  As an American B&O buyer who will soon be on the market for a new TV, I desperately want B&O to come out with a larger LCD.  I don't see why B&O hasn't at least announced coming out with a larger LCD.  For the record, if you ever have occasion to bend someone's ear at B&O, please tell them that we need a 46" to 50" LCD (I guess a BV7).

Just my .02,

Mark

That's just it, Mark. The BeoVision 10 does not have a BeoSystem 3. No picture engine. No automation out. No 2nd monitor. Just the connectivity. It's a mid-range concept where one hasn't existed in a while. 

I think that we seem to be entering an era in B&O video where there is a lot more choice for us than we've had since we started into flat panels. We see entry level (BeoVision 8), mid level (BeoVision 10), and high-end (BeoVision 7, 9, & 4) and will likely see those ranges developed even further. Unlike many other brands, we've been used to very stark choices in video products these past 5-7 years. Now we see more options the way we had in tube televisions.

Should be a big hit!

There is scarcely anything in this world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little more cheaply. The person who buys on price alone is this man's lawful prey. - John Ruskin

• 01-24-2009 2:14 PM In reply to

• Alex
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Bath & Cardiff, UK
    • Posts 2,990
    • Bronze Member

The BeoVision 10 will have a picture engine - without one, it wouldn't have any of the vision clear features etc... or indeed any sort of picture at all!

Weekly top artists:                   

• 01-24-2009 2:34 PM In reply to

BeoVision10 centerspeaker is that the beolab 7.xxx

• 01-24-2009 2:38 PM In reply to

Alex:

The BeoVision 10 will have a picture engine - without one, it wouldn't have any of the vision clear features etc... or indeed any sort of picture at all!

Vision Clear does not necessarily need a full picture engine. BeoVision 8, for example, has Vision Clear properties, but does not have the picture engine (w/ Pixelworks Chips) present in the BeoSystem 3 and its variants.

There is scarcely anything in this world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little more cheaply. The person who buys on price alone is this man's lawful prey. - John Ruskin

• 01-24-2009 3:18 PM In reply to

• moxxey
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-14-2007
    • South West, UK
    • Posts 2,360
    • Bronze Member

Perhaps it will have this touted 'mini BS3' that's been mentioned on the board? If the BV8-40 is going to get this mini-BS3, then the mid-level BV10 will have to have the same picture processing unit. No way you could regard a BV8-40 as an entry-level TV and then exclude the engine in the mid-level BV10.

My guess is, well, that we're just guessing. I'm assuming the BV10 is someway off, yet.

• 01-24-2009 3:25 PM In reply to

moxxey:

Perhaps it will have this touted 'mini BS3' that's been mentioned on the board? If the BV8-40 is going to get this mini-BS3, then the mid-level BV10 will have to have the same picture processing unit. No way you could regard a BV8-40 as an entry-level TV and then exclude the engine in the mid-level BV10.

My guess is, well, that we're just guessing. I'm assuming the BV10 is someway off, yet.

From Kalle's lips to God's ears, the BeoVision 10 will be out before Christmas. Now that's assuming that we finally put the finishing touches on an accurate effing launch date! We'll see. 

I would think that the same internal guts would be present in the BV 8-40 & BV 10-40. My guess is that their modest difference in price will pay for the BeoVision 10's up-market materials, ultra compact form-factor (about 2" thick), and possibly a better speaker performance. 

• 01-24-2009 3:31 PM In reply to

All looks very promising.

I like the concept of the BV10 so it is nice to see the range going under the pipeline.

Anyways the subwoofer with opposing drivers with no vibration is hardly innovative. B&W PV1? Martin Logan subs? Ring a bell? The whole idea of having opposing drivers is to cancel off unwanted vibrations. I suspect this sub will be more musical than the Beolab2. 

• 01-24-2009 9:46 PM In reply to

• BeoNut1
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-19-2007
    • Mobile, AL (USA)
    • Posts 226
    • Bronze Member

BeoNut1, Kalle Hvidt said earlier this mounth that BV7 will be launched with bigger screen sizes. Probably up to 52"

Beofan 2,

That'd be great news, but I've had the US B&O people fairly recently tell me nothing bigger was coming in terms of LCDs in 2009.

Does Kallie have any idea when it might come.

Trip, do you have any insights in to a bigger BV7?

M

Mark D
  • 01-25-2009 12:03 AM In reply to

I don't think they can do a BV7 larger then the 40" with the BL7 underneath, that would look hilarious. But I am guessing if they switch to BL10, that would give them some wiggle room to pull this off. 

We heard BV7 with larger screen before, i think with what they announced they are already stretched thin for this year ........ It may not affect many of us, world is still in financial crisis so B&O has to preserve cash which i think will limit what they can do/ They won't certainly hire R&D at this stage and what is in the pipeline is much more what we are used too ... at least for my feeling ....

BS9000, BS2300, BC2, BL2500, BL3, Bl2, BS1, BV8, BC4, A8

• 01-25-2009 4:21 AM In reply to

• Daniel
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Svinarp, Sweden
    • Posts 1,284
    • Founder

jk1002:

I don't think they can do a BV7 larger then the 40" with the BL7 underneath, that would look hilarious.

I do. I don't think it's a coincidence that they saved the number 7.3. It will probably fit a larger BV7.

Beovision LX5500, BeoCord V6000, BeoSound 9000, BeoLab 8000, BeoLab 3500, BeoLab 2000, BeoVox1, BeoCom 6000, Form1, LightControl 1

• 01-25-2009 5:40 AM In reply to

• Beofan2
    • Top 200 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 07-31-2007
    • Fredericia, Denmark
    • Posts 313
    • Bronze Member

No I don´t know when it will be launched but a 52" should be in the pipeline. If you have any doubts listen to the video conference from january 15 on bang-olufsen.com

It´s not magic - it´s Bang & Olufsen

• 01-25-2009 9:41 AM In reply to

What interesting news. I had previously understood BeoVision 10 was going to be B&O's largest ever screen. I really hope it has a design element to it. The BeoVision 8 took me by surprise which I liked, but although I really like the BeoVision 7, BeoVision 4 and BeoCenter 6, I think they are quite boring too. The design for me is transformed when BeoVision 7 is paired with BeoLab 7.4 and I am in love with the BeoVision 9 for its 'widescreen' speaker and the its proportion.

As for the new ML cable, is this going to be able to deliver HD video?

I am very interested to see and hear the new sub! This might fit perfectly along with my BL3s ... Cool

• 01-25-2009 9:44 AM In reply to

Stars:
    As for the new ML cable, is this going to be able to deliver HD video?

That will be the point of the new ML cable.

• 01-26-2009 2:59 AM In reply to

• moxxey
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-14-2007
    • South West, UK
    • Posts 2,360
    • Bronze Member

Talking of new products, what's the status on the rumoured Beocenter 3 - the Beocenter 2 upgrade. If B&O are bringing out a range of BV7s without DVD player, they're going to have to upgrade the BC2 if they have a BV-70+Blu-ray option but no option for customers who've bought the BV7-40 without DVD.

• 01-26-2009 7:23 AM In reply to

I would love to see a updated/upgraded HDR2/DVD2.  Seeing that neither of these products made it to the US market that I have ever seen.

A unit that combines the HDR2 and DVD2 technology/features into one along with being equipped with a Blu-ray drive and upgrade HD to 1TB.

Now that's something I would be interested in Cool

BeoVision 4-50 MkII, BeoSystem 1, Zektor Switch, DTS box, BeoLink Passive, BeoVox Cona, BeoLab 1, BeoLab 3500, BeoLab 6000, BeoLab 4000, BeoLab 4, BeoLab 3000, BeoMedia 1, BeoMaster 5, BeoSystem 3 Type 9621

• 01-26-2009 5:21 PM In reply to

• Emil
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 05-18-2007
    • Stockholm, Sweden
    • Posts 98
    • Bronze Member

Perhaps not a question regarding a new product but has anyone heard anything about an upgrade of the current BeoCenter 6? A really beautiful tv according to my opinion but with the new non dvd-7-32 coming it seems a bit expensive (and old...). A new pricetag (at least something to dream about) and screen would make me really interested in an upgrade from my currenct BV6-26 MKI.

Inflagrante

• 01-27-2009 3:18 AM In reply to

Hi all,

Seems like everyone is exicted about the new products.  But what about support to the 'older' TV?  Any chance we can retro fit HDMI to the older version BV7?

Aslo the masterlink only handles analogue signal, would there be a 'digital' version of masterlink without digging out the cables in my house?

boucer

• 01-27-2009 3:52 AM In reply to

• Spiros
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 09-03-2007
    • Thessaloniki GREECE
    • Posts 1,088
    • Gold Member

My self too. I cannot imagine that I have to change the masterlink cable in all the house. Frankly spoken it is just impossible.

Definetelly B&O has to find some short of solution to this. Of course they can alsways built me a new house!!!!!!!! Laughing

Best regards

Spiros

• 01-27-2009 4:31 AM In reply to

It was said by B&O UK Chief in one of Lee's interview that the new digital masterlink will based on Ethernet. He also said that "beolink converter" type boxes will be available.

The advantage of Ethernet:

• It is a standard
    • Some home are already cabled with it
    • It can be routed via Wifi
    • Other non B&O devices could have their software adapted to join interface with the Beolink system
    • It could carry the Beolink signals AND your internet/LAN at the same time

So if your house does not have Ethernet, here is what will happen:

• You will still be able to use the current system, but in analogue (just like could have a mixed ML/MCL network)
    • You can use Wifi instead
    • B&O may provide a Ethernet over ML solution

p.

• 01-27-2009 4:43 AM In reply to

but still doesn't address the problem with pre HDMI TV.  I can't afford to buy another BV7 just because of the extra HDMI slots.

• 01-27-2009 4:59 AM In reply to

Bouncer:
    but still doesn't address the problem with pre HDMI TV.  I can't afford to buy another BV7 just because of the extra HDMI slots.

Haven't you got a DVI input?

p.

• 01-27-2009 5:57 AM In reply to

• Spiros
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 09-03-2007
    • Thessaloniki GREECE
    • Posts 1,088
    • Gold Member

Hi Phil.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I thnk ML cable has more than the std ethernet? Under that scope and if this is true maybe the old ML will still be useable.

Regards

Spiros

Best regards

Spiros

Page 2 of 3 (54 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next >