in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 01-27-2009 10:56 AM by PhilLondon. 53 replies.
Page 1 of 3 (54 items) 1 2 3 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-23-2009 5:31 AM

• GOLFGEAR
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 04-24-2007
    • Sydney Australia
    • Posts 17
    • Bronze Member

New products announcment

THERE WAS MENTION  WHEN THE NEW SITE WAS ACTIVE THERE WOULD BE ANNOUNCMENT OF NEW PRODUCTS. DOES ANYONE KNOW WHAT  PRODUCTS ARE TO BE ANNONCED?

• 01-23-2009 6:02 AM In reply to

Re: NEW PRODUCTS ANNOUNCMENT

Hi out there, there will be a beovision 8-40" Full HD 100hz with diff. HDMI, DolbyDTSblah....Modul, a BV 10 very slim and "best" glare screen ever, a new Sub looking like a tulip without vibration so you can put it on the wall, a new Audiosystem Projectname a21 and a new cordlessphone with freespeech, an masterlink gateweay to eib-bus.....thats what i heard ofBig Smile

• 01-23-2009 6:21 AM In reply to

• Dave
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Brisbane, Australia
    • Posts 2,328
    • Bronze Member

Caps lock has been around for some time though! Laughing

“Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of intelligent effort.”

Your health and well-being comes first and fore-most.

• 01-23-2009 8:53 AM In reply to

• Craig
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-29-2007
    • Costa Del St Evenage
    • Posts 4,855
    • Founder

Not sure if this has been mentioned, but I heard that around May the U.K. will get a Blu Ray Beovision 7.

CraigSmile

For millions of years, mankind lived just like the animals. Then something happened which unleashed the power of our imagination. We learned to talk and we learned to listen..

• 01-23-2009 9:03 AM In reply to

Is there a possibiility that B & O will incorporate in the BV4,and BV7,the Neo? plasma,and (LED backlit) LCD,panels announced by Panasonic,and Samsung respectively at the recent CES?

As for an integrated Blu-Ray player,unless particular attention has been paid to SD DVD replay quality,will it not be retrograde step re one's dvd collection?

• 01-23-2009 9:21 AM In reply to

• Beofan2
    • Top 200 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 07-31-2007
    • Fredericia, Denmark
    • Posts 313
    • Bronze Member

I wrote about BeoTime and the new BV8-40" in the old forum.

BV10 sounds interesting!

It´s not magic - it´s Bang & Olufsen

• 01-23-2009 9:26 AM In reply to

BeoVision 10: 40" LCD with built-in stereo loudspeakers, surround sound processor, and about a 2" depth overall. Thinly framed (somewhat like the BeoVision 9, but apparently not as severe). Supposedly well under $10k USD. Wall mountable on a built in mount. 

BeoLab ?: Subwoofer with two opposing drivers. About half the price of BeoLab 2. Wall mountable. Supposedly ground breaking technology that eliminates vibration.

BeoCom 5: New DECT phone system. BeoLine 2. Handsets with customizable LCDs. Choice of regular base or speaker.

BeoSound ?: Can be used in conjunction with BeoSound 5 to dock iPod and access content (and engage MOTS) from BeoSound 5.

BeoTime: Described as a "gift item," but actually should be a cool piece. Integrates a remote wake-up time feature, so instead of effing with the on-board timer feature and engaging it downstream, you set it in a more user-friendly alarm clock and the alarm clock engages the source. Very clever.

The message also indicated more to come. We should apparently expect a major product to be launched about once a month for 12-18 months. New on-time delivery methods also mean that there will be no lag as new technology becomes available. We used to have to sell through mountains of inventory to bring in an updated panel. Not now.

Overall, I'm not just impressed with the new products, but with the thinking behind the new products and the thinking behind the business model. I think we're in for an exciting year!

There is scarcely anything in this world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little more cheaply. The person who buys on price alone is this man's lawful prey. - John Ruskin

• 01-23-2009 9:29 AM In reply to

TerryM:

Is there a possibiility that B & O will incorporate in the BV4,and BV7,the Neo? plasma,and (LED backlit) LCD,panels announced by Panasonic,and Samsung respectively at the recent CES?

As for an integrated Blu-Ray player,unless particular attention has been paid to SD DVD replay quality,will it not be retrograde step re one's dvd collection?

While few OEM technology specifics have been mentioned, the overhaul in the business model indicates that we will be incorporating new technologies and OEM innovations much much quicker. We should see that many of the products recently revealed before next Christmas, so we will probably find out soon enough!

There is scarcely anything in this world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little more cheaply. The person who buys on price alone is this man's lawful prey. - John Ruskin

• 01-23-2009 11:55 AM In reply to

• Christian
    • Top 100 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Copenhagen, Denmark
    • Posts 626
    • Bronze Member

Will there be any differnce in picture performance between BV10 and the comming 100Hz BV7-40 ?

Living room: BV7-40 mkIV + V8000, BL5, BL3, BM1 and BS9000. Bedroom: MX3000 and BL4500 on MCL2-AV. Around: PentaIII, CX100 and MCX35 on ML/MCL + MCL2-A, BeoPort and BL4 on ML, BS3300 + M75 as stand alone, BC6000 + BC600 and BT1100, LC1, LC2, Beo4, Beo5 and BL1000, BS2 and A8, EarSet2, Apron, Coffee mugs, Enamel Bagdes, Bath towel, Keyring, Books, Lots of miniature and the Bottle opener. Office: BC2300 + BL2500 and BS3. Summer house: BS Century.

Addicted? Oh no.... ;)

• 01-23-2009 12:04 PM In reply to

I think that's a very good Question Cristian!

TripSmile

• 01-23-2009 12:08 PM In reply to

Mmmmm some very nice surprises... I wonder what realy pops-up! 

Karel

The race for quality has no finish line- so technically, it's more like a death march.

• 01-23-2009 1:22 PM In reply to

• Robert
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 06-13-2007
    • Northern Ireland
    • Posts 362
    • Gold Member

Trip, some interesting news there. I wonder where any pictures available in your information? I'd be quite keen to see the ipod dock and BV10 to be honest. Also is there a rough release schedule available?

Robert.

• 01-23-2009 4:00 PM In reply to

Whipped:
    masterlink gateweay to eib-bus

Really?

• 01-23-2009 4:28 PM In reply to

• Ignace
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-30-2007
    • Moderator - NL
    • Posts 2,749
    • Founder

There were pictures of the products, 

but the products had covers on them.... Unsure

• 01-23-2009 4:34 PM In reply to

• Ignace
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-30-2007
    • Moderator - NL
    • Posts 2,749
    • Founder

That would be different from this gateway MLGW01 ?

• 01-23-2009 6:17 PM In reply to

Robert, I can only imagine that we will see images over the coming months. It is B&O's intention to have all of these products on store shelves by November 09. Kalle's apparently a relentless force in R&D. Should be exciting. 

• 01-23-2009 6:27 PM In reply to

• mbee
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-18-2007
    • Paris, France
    • Posts 1,133
    • Bronze Member

Great!

This new CEO seems to know how to make me love B&O again!!! I'm really surprised by the number of new products for this year. Will the BV10 have a beamer output?

Great to see that the BM5 will have a possibility to be upgraded with an iPod dock : the lack of AUX input was one of the main things that I missed on the BS5, now I can start to hope that it's more futureproof than I was thinking. Great surprise.

Any news on the new Masterlink? It was said to come with the BS5 : postponed?

• 01-24-2009 2:53 AM In reply to

I think new products are an interesting thing, because they will make customers visit the B&o stores again, to see what's new.

And even if they come to see a BeoTime, they might go out with a pair of BeoLabs!

However, I can't help hoping that the present range will be seriously updated, or upgraded, because to me most of the present range is not 100% perfect.

I don't want another center BeoLab, I want a BeoLab 7-1 with different front covers in different widths , that you simply clip on the cabinet to make the speaker have the same width as the BeoVision it goes with.

I don't want a new GSM phone or MP3 player, I want the present range with upgradable memory, features and specs.

I don't want a new BeoLink wireless, I want the present transmitter to be integrated to all audio and video Masters,  and the present receiver to be integrated in all BeoLabs or at least BeoLab 3500.

I don't want a new BeoPort, I want the present one to use its USB input for audio, data and remote control, and ..power!

I don't want a new BeoSound with digital coaxial outputs for BeoLab 5, I want the present BS1/4/3200 to offer this.

And I didn't want a BeoSound 5, I simply wanted all BeoSounds to have a USB socket, where you can plug in your 1 Tb hard drive or your 2 Gb SD card and control it via A MEM with all info displayed properly on BC2 and BS4, and with a scrolling display on older BS9000/3200 systems.Sad

Reunion Island is greeting you!

• 01-24-2009 2:53 AM In reply to

• Alex
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-23-2007
    • Posts 223
    • Bronze Member

This has nothing to do with the new CEO, those new products are in pipe long before the new ceo came. We will see the results of th enew ceo in 2 years boy.

• 01-24-2009 4:16 AM In reply to

• Bieele
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Netherlands
    • Posts 339
    • Bronze Member

The BV10 sounds great. From the very limited description it made me think of this very nice Philips set (slim, incorporated wall mount). Maybe B&O will tighten the Philips relation?

Philips Essence 42PES0001:

Philips Essences 42PES0001

Best Regards,

Bieele

Heej zuij der alles veur gaeve En heej zaet ze mogen ut hebbe van meej
  • 01-24-2009 5:14 AM In reply to

mbee:
    This new CEO seems to know how to make me love B&O again!!! I'm really surprised by the number of new products for this year. Will the BV10 have a beamer output?

I am just guessing that the BV10 will be like BV4, you'll need a BS3 in a cupboard somewhere... 

mbee:

It was said that the new Masterlink will based on Ethernet, the BM5 has Ethernet, so it is just a matter of a software upgrade.

• 01-24-2009 8:27 AM In reply to

PhilLondon:

mbee:

I am just guessing that the BV10 will be like BV4, you'll need a BS3 in a cupboard somewhere... 

mbee:

It was said that the new Masterlink will based on Ethernet, the BM5 has Ethernet, so it is just a matter of a software upgrade.

No, apparently the BeoVision 10 will have the BeoSystem 3 built in. Think more like a BeoVision 9 than a BeoVision 4 / BeoSystem 3. 

• 01-24-2009 10:14 AM In reply to

• BeoNut1
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-19-2007
    • Mobile, AL (USA)
    • Posts 226
    • Bronze Member

Trip,

I'm not doubting what you're saying, and I'm certainly excited about B&O coming out with new stuff, but their TV strategy defies me.

I love the idea of a complete TV with BS3 for well under $10K (i.e. the BV10), but how will B&O keep it from cannibalizing sales of the BV7?  Also, they're now going to have three 40" LCDs?  As an American B&O buyer who will soon be on the market for a new TV, I desperately want B&O to come out with a larger LCD.  I don't see why B&O hasn't at least announced coming out with a larger LCD.  For the record, if you ever have occasion to bend someone's ear at B&O, please tell them that we need a 46" to 50" LCD (I guess a BV7).

Just my .02,

Mark

Mark D
  • 01-24-2009 11:05 AM In reply to

• Beofan2
    • Top 200 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 07-31-2007
    • Fredericia, Denmark
    • Posts 313
    • Bronze Member

BeoNut1, Kalle Hvidt said earlier this mounth that BV7 will be launched with bigger screen sizes. Probably up to 52"

I believe that BV7, BV8, BC6 and BV10 are different concepts made to meet different needs. I´m looking very much forward to see some pics of BV10 in near future.

It´s not magic - it´s Bang & Olufsen

• 01-24-2009 11:08 AM In reply to

• Robert
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 06-13-2007
    • Northern Ireland
    • Posts 362
    • Gold Member

Trip, you're the man in the know it seems, I'm just wondering if you have any idea of the pricing structure for the BV8-40 and BV10-40? I'm assuming due to the BS3 chassis the BV10 will be more expensive, but i'm curious as to the price difference. I purchased a BV8-32 just before christmas (£2900), but if either of the prices for the 8-40 or 10-40 are good value I may consider a trade in...

Robert.

<ON a side note, it would also help if there was more room in the socket panel in these 40in TV's, I reckon i dont have much hope of getting the back panel on my 8-32 once i get all the connections in...>

Page 1 of 3 (54 items) 1 2 3 Next >