in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 02-04-2009 5:31 PM by entegoe. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-19-2009 5:01 PM

Beomaster 5500 repair

For quite some time my old Beomaster 5500 has some problems which seem to look strange. All of a sudden it won't react on any commands (neither via remote nor via the front) but keeps playing. Sometimes it just switches itself off for about 2 seconds and switches itself on immediatley start playing what it played before.

Once it just woke up from standby in the middle of the night (no timer was set) and started playing loud (much loder than we usually hear). The problem is it is getting worse.

I would like to have it repaired. Does anybody know or could recommend any repair service in or near London (UK)?

I am also wondering if it might be worth replacing the capacitors? 

Ciao Markus 

• 01-25-2009 2:00 PM In reply to

Re: Beomaster 5500 repair

you could look in to this place http://www.londonsound.org/repairs.htm could be worth a look...

tom

• 01-26-2009 6:35 AM In reply to

• Dillen
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Copenhagen / Denmark
    • Posts 5,008
    • Founder

Sounds like an unstable power supply for the processor. Capacitors ...

Martin

• 02-04-2009 5:26 PM In reply to

Thanks. Have you already done business with londonsound? Any experiences?

At least it sounds like he know how to solder and not just to replace boards. Will get into contact with him. Thank you.

• 02-04-2009 5:31 PM In reply to

Hm, could be an unstable power supply. But I am not so sure about the capacitors. The beomaster worked fine in Germany. We just got the problems after moving over to the UK. In fact, it never worked here correctly. Maybe just bad contacts, poor joints etc... I don't know and I really don't want to check it (not enough time).

I was thinking more of replacing the capacitors in the power amp once the beomaster is open and disassembled. Is this something I should consider as well? Experiences? Want to avoid another repair within a short period of time.

Thanks. Markus

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)